Has anyone scratched their screen?

OlReagan

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Not that I have, just want a gauge on how durable these screens are. Can I continue just wiping the smudges off with my shirt? Will a piece of sand between the screen and my shirt cause damage?

thanks

Major

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Just use a microfiber cloth (the type used to clean eyeglasses). I have a ZAGG screen protector but I haven't gotten around to actually installing it; so far I have no scratches on my Xoom.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Been running naked on the screne since launch day. Not a scratch. Lots of finger prints, but no scratches. I would say on a scale from 1 to 10 where 1 is low and 10 is high. The screen rates at a 9.5 as far as how durable they are from scratching.

Snake_915

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I got a tiny scratch on my screen with the USB transfer cable, the sharp part that connects to the xoom. It's understandable that it would happen though. Other than that,nothing.

strudel#AC

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
No scratches that I know of. I will be surprised if it ever gets scratched.

I believe my Samsung Epic 4G has Gorilla glass also and it does have a few scratches on it. Granted, with the amount of times I have dropped my phone on concrete or put it in pockets with keys and other abrasive stuff I would be surprised if the glass wasn't scratched.

Arun01

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
No scratches on mine & i thought for sure that i had for sure cracked the entire screen one day when getting out of my car & dropping the Xoom on the ground in the folio case!!!! & it dropped several times ..yikes!! but not a scratch.I use a micro fiber cloth to clean mine & some anti static wipes & the occasional glass cleaner.

tagacapiz

May 4, 2011
Visit site
with screen protector here. I dropped it once already from a meter high, landed face flat on the marble floor.

no scratches.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
No scratches on mine, I carry it around a lot during my trips to Miami. Then again I have never had a scratch on any touch screen device that I have owned. Screen is still pretty bad... I cry whenever I go on my Xoom then get a text and see how beautiful my Nexus S screen is compared to the one on my Xoom :-(

Sent from my Xoom

sonofdroid

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Don't worry if your screen scratches or cracks, they can be replaced within minutes. Trick is to find the glass for the moment. I'm sure 3rd party parts house will carry them down the road if not already. Good luck.

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
As far as the fingerprints go, they have pre-moistened Zeiss eyeglass cleaning wipes in packs of 50 for $3 in the Walmart eyeglass place and they are great for removing prints from your tablet, smartphone, video games etc. They are individually wrapped making them easy grab on the way out the door.

djf

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have a link to the technology of the screen - it seems to have 3 layers

1. EXTERIOR: thin film
2. MIDDLE: a gel of some type
3. INTERIOR: the unbreakable gorilla glass

As I move my finger over the screen I can feel a wave of sorts - I would like to know how this works so well.

NOTE: By the way after one month - no scratches - just us a clean white T-shirt (and if I am in a hurry the inside of what ever shirt I am wearing ;-)

chaz_uk

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I use a microfiber cloth to cleamn my Xoom, Nexus S and iPod touch that is only used on those devices screens, nothing else.

I'd be upset if I inadvetenly scratched my gadgets trying to clean them. When I had an iPhone 3g I used to rub it on my sleeves and scratched the screen on it so I learned my lesson then.

Since then all of my devices have been scratch free by using only one, looked after cloth to clean them.

The screen on the Xoom does sure feel durable tho.

skipb

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have zagg screen cover on mine. No scratches.

Sent from my evo via tapatalk

I also have a ZAGG invisible SHIELD and it has seen some abuse. Although it has taken it like a champ and resisted much, I have found that while playing Tegra Pinball HD with my wife, one's thumbnail can produce "prints" that are actually material displaced in the shield that resembles a gouge. Also worth noting, and probably bordering on TMI, a personal lubricant called "Wet" that we use has produced streaks in the shield that are thus far unremovable using standard cleaning methods.

On the bright side, I talked with their CSR and they shipped me a replacement for a fee and since I originally paid for the installation at BestBuy, they did the swap for free.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk ...using two thumbs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress