Xoom Frozen

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded Thunderstorm Donation (live wallpaper) and tried to use it on my Xoom. As I was setting it up, the screen went black and the motorola/dual core screen came up and the phrase "Starting RSD protocol support" at the top. I tried to force reboot and nothing happened.
Any suggestions? I have a couple of days left on my Costco return policy. But I'd rather fix this one.
I checked the forum and most of the fixes are to use the force reboot and it doesn't work.
Thanks.

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I did that 4 times and nothing. Waited an hour and it tried it again and it worked. Strange that it took so long.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I did that 4 times and nothing. Waited an hour and it tried it again and it worked. Strange that it took so long.

I've found it works best if you hold the volume rocker up first then hit power rather than the oposite or try to do them both at the same time. Takes a couple tries to get the hang of it.

Reactions: Nchaka

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I've found it works best if you hold the volume rocker up first then hit power rather than the oposite or try to do them both at the same time. Takes a couple tries to get the hang of it.
Thanks. I'll try that next time. Force reboot usually works the first time, but When it didn't, i thought I really screwed it up this time!

xoombot82

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Xoom Frozen at dual core screen

i have an issue that not many have had, and i cant see, to find an answer, im hoping someone can help me here. my xoon is frozen at the dual core screen, ive tried everything, ive tried holding the power button and up volume and it goes off then back to the dual core screen, ive even tried hitting down volume after the power and up volume and got the option android recovery, that would usualy work for me, but now it doesnt, the lil bot comes on has the image of a some cranks spinning and then it goes quickly to the yellow triangle, so now im out of options, can someone please help. thanks everyone.

oh and it wasnt any crazy apps i downloaded, and i havent downloaded 3.2 version.

matthimrod

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded Thunderstorm Donation (live wallpaper) and tried to use it on my Xoom. As I was setting it up, the screen went black and the motorola/dual core screen came up and the phrase "Starting RSD protocol support" at the top. I tried to force reboot and nothing happened.
Any suggestions? I have a couple of days left on my Costco return policy. But I'd rather fix this one.
I checked the forum and most of the fixes are to use the force reboot and it doesn't work.
Thanks.

Did it say "Starting RSD protocol support" each time you tried the force-reboot? If so, it sounds to me like you're holding in the volume-up button too long when you do your force-reboot and putting it into RSD mode.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana