(insert generic introductory title)

Kalis

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi. ^_^

My name should be somewhere on the left. I hope I enjoy my time on these forums, hopefully not wasted.

I love my family and I love my dog, but the dog comes second.

I have three phones: A Motorola Triumph, a Sony Xperia S, and a BLU Quattro 4.5 HD. The triumph I used the longest from the moment it first came out and changed the ROM when it started getting dated, but once I bought the Xperia, it gained a new life as a paperweight. The Xperia I bought while skimming over the part that said it had no slot for a microSD, which is important to me. Struck by acute laziness at that time, I decided to use it anyway. Loaning it to my mom, she unknowingly dropped it on the driveway, ran over it with the car, went to the store for two hours, then ran over it again before opening the car door and noticing it on the ground. The screen glass cracked, but the screen itself has all its colors and is still receptive to touch, and it's the phone I currently use for calls and texts. When I bought the BLU Quattro 4.5 (with SD slot!), I didn't realize there was an HD version with the slot removed. And I had already turned it on, making it officially used. It's quite a decent phone, so it didn't bother me too much. Then, a month later, I loan it to my brother for a day, who gives it back to me, saying it doesn't work. Sure enough, it won't turn on, and plugging it in didn't do anything right away... something very similar happened when I bricked my brother's galaxy player and returned it to Best Buy before he figured out. Dejected at this point, I took out the sim card, punched out the micro size, and put it back in my Xperia, which my youngest brother was using as a gamepad at that time. Suddenly, the Quattro (which was still plugged in) began to show the charging screen. The battery was simply drained to zero. However, as I tried to place the sim card back in (with an adapter)... well, it wouldn't go in, and I know I was putting it in the right way. Yet again struck with acute laziness, I did nothing but put the card back in the Xperia and use it for the service and as a music player, and the Quattro as a gamepad.

With that out of the way, I'll say my main reason for signing up at this forum: I want to know everything about everything. Realistically, I want to know far more than I do now about android and its phones. Originally, I just wanted to know how to root a phone without using a script or a one-click program so I could have a better understanding of what's going on. If a phone was a clock, I'd compare rooting to changing the face or the hands, where one could find step-by-step instructions on how to do just that... but I want to see each individual gear in action as well as what else I could potentially change.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi. ^_^

My name should be somewhere on the left. I hope I enjoy my time on these forums, hopefully not wasted.

I love my family and I love my dog, but the dog comes second.

I have three phones: A Motorola Triumph, a Sony Xperia S, and a BLU Quattro 4.5 HD. The triumph I used the longest from the moment it first came out and changed the ROM when it started getting dated, but once I bought the Xperia, it gained a new life as a paperweight. The Xperia I bought while skimming over the part that said it had no slot for a microSD, which is important to me. Struck by acute laziness at that time, I decided to use it anyway. Loaning it to my mom, she unknowingly dropped it on the driveway, ran over it with the car, went to the store for two hours, then ran over it again before opening the car door and noticing it on the ground. The screen glass cracked, but the screen itself has all its colors and is still receptive to touch, and it's the phone I currently use for calls and texts. When I bought the BLU Quattro 4.5 (with SD slot!), I didn't realize there was an HD version with the slot removed. And I had already turned it on, making it officially used. It's quite a decent phone, so it didn't bother me too much. Then, a month later, I loan it to my brother for a day, who gives it back to me, saying it doesn't work. Sure enough, it won't turn on, and plugging it in didn't do anything right away... something very similar happened when I bricked my brother's galaxy player and returned it to Best Buy before he figured out. Dejected at this point, I took out the sim card, punched out the micro size, and put it back in my Xperia, which my youngest brother was using as a gamepad at that time. Suddenly, the Quattro (which was still plugged in) began to show the charging screen. The battery was simply drained to zero. However, as I tried to place the sim card back in (with an adapter)... well, it wouldn't go in, and I know I was putting it in the right way. Yet again struck with acute laziness, I did nothing but put the card back in the Xperia and use it for the service and as a music player, and the Quattro as a gamepad.

With that out of the way, I'll say my main reason for signing up at this forum: I want to know everything about everything. Realistically, I want to know far more than I do now about android and its phones. Originally, I just wanted to know how to root a phone without using a script or a one-click program so I could have a better understanding of what's going on. If a phone was a clock, I'd compare rooting to changing the face or the hands, where one could find step-by-step instructions on how to do just that... but I want to see each individual gear in action as well as what else I could potentially change.

Welcome to the forums!
With rooting, be careful what you alter. Sometimes, bad things can happen even if you alter minor files.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome! As mentioned above be careful with rooting. I've bricked a device once and it was a nightmare to fix it. Especially considering it was my friends phone. Haha

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

Kalis

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the warm welcome. ^_^

I understand very well the dangers of rooting a device, most people do... but how often does that stop anyone from trying, especially someone who really wants to do it? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non