I Need SD Card Help

Thegwall

May 18, 2018
Visit site
Hi Everyone
I have an XT1575 Moto X Pure Edition phone. I received an update to V7.0 last week and was attempting to send some files out of my SD card to a friend and discovered that none of my files were there. I store all of my music photos and audio books on my SD card plus some work files. If I restart my phone, It will recognize the card for a short time and then it just goes away. I have removed the card and wiped the contacts, but it does not seem to matter. Any suggestions?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Can your PC read all the files on the card? If so, I would copy them there, so at least you won't lose anything.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums at Android Central!

I also suggest that you try with a PC.
If nothing happens, you might have lost your files.
You can always try software on a PC to recover those files.
In the future, you should keep a back up of all your files just in case.
Hope you get your files back.

Sent From the TARDIS with my Note 8

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Intros forum to the Moto X Pure forum, since it's a specific question rather than an introduction.

SD cards are inherently unreliable, and are prone to corruption or failure without warning. I'd try a different SD card, and always make sure any important data on the card is also backed up somewhere more reliable, like your computer's hard drive or the cloud.

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone
I have an XT1575 Moto X Pure Edition phone. I received an update to V7.0 last week and was attempting to send some files out of my SD card to a friend and discovered that none of my files were there. I store all of my music photos and audio books on my SD card plus some work files. If I restart my phone, It will recognize the card for a short time and then it just goes away. I have removed the card and wiped the contacts, but it does not seem to matter. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem with the phone but it was before and after the update, so it's not software. It's probably hardware issue. My card was fine in any other phone or computer, but constantly rejected by the phone. Could be either the reader or the slot too lose making a poor connection.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Somme people have found that putting a piece of paper, just one thickness of regular printer paper, into the card slot on top of the card (remember, the contacts are all the way inside), puts enough pressure on the card to keep it working. It may take putting the paper on top of the card, then sliding them both in at the same time.