my evo 4g wont boot all the way

afglakeshow

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
i just recently rooted my phone successfully with unrevoked 3......installed rom manager......then i followed instruction from youtube....when i opened rom manager i was toled to install clockworkmod recovery and i did.. i backed up everything before i install cynogen 7 mod, everything worked fine untill the lil android dude with the skateboard pops up and starts to boot,, but it doesn't boot all the way, it just keeps showing the android dude with the skateboard, so i had to take out the battery to restart my phone, i went to clockworkmod recovery and restored my phone to the way it was before, i repeated the process again and it did the exact same thing....can somebody help this newby, thank you

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
i just recently rooted my phone successfully with unrevoked 3......installed rom manager......then i followed instruction from youtube....when i opened rom manager i was toled to install clockworkmod recovery and i did.. i backed up everything before i install cynogen 7 mod, everything worked fine untill the lil android dude with the skateboard pops up and starts to boot,, but it doesn't boot all the way, it just keeps showing the android dude with the skateboard, so i had to take out the battery to restart my phone, i went to clockworkmod recovery and restored my phone to the way it was before, i repeated the process again and it did the exact same thing....can somebody help this newby, thank you

How long did you wait before pulling the battery? ROM's sometimes tale alittle while to boot up for the first time after you've flashed them. If you really can't get it to boot forget ROM Manager and flash CM7 in recovery. I have a lot fewer problems that way.

Welcome to AC, by the way. :cool:

afglakeshow

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
How long did you wait before pulling the battery? ROM's sometimes tale alittle while to boot up for the first time after you've flashed them. If you really can't get it to boot forget ROM Manager and flash CM7 in recovery. I have a lot fewer problems that way.

Welcome to AC, by the way. :cool:
thank you so much for you reply and i will take you advice and let you know how it goes.....thank you:D:D

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
is this method going to wipe out my data....like all the apps i installed and all the phone numbers i have?:eek:

Yep, to flash a new ROM you have to do a full wipe, but you can download Titanium Backup from the market and use it to backup all your apps, contacts and other data (but NEVER backup system data with Titanium). We actually have a great thread in the Droid Incredible forum that tells you exactly what and what not to back up with Titanium.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/inc...back-up-what-restore-when-switching-roms.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty