Poor audio in recorded videos.

stopsrus

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
Received my Mint Robin couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it. Had a Nexus 6 but just too big! I use it to make short demo videos for our clients. Nexus was always fine but Robin audio sounds like it's under water. I think it's an encoding issue. I have tried many different apps with no success. I love Cinema FV5 but can't get good audio. Camera photos are fine, Camera FV5 is my favorite.
Can someone please suggest a cure for the audio?
Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just to be sure -- have you checked the secondary mic opening to make sure it isn't clogged by lint or other debris? Also, if you use speakerphone to call someone, does the other person also think you sound like you're underwater?

stopsrus

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
Hi, the 2 mic opening are on top and on the bottom, correct? Both clear
Speakerphone is perfectly clear both directions. Speakers sound great for podcasts, YouTube, music fine. Monitoring the audio on headphones is fine. It's just the resulting audio on the recording that is bad. It's the same poor quality you get when ripping a DVD with Handbrake. It seems to be a problem with the encoder.

donvienas

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
Hi everybody,
I have Huawei nova plus and experiencing same problems. I just can't stend the audio quality on my recorded videos. It has some kind of background noise reduction or something which makes the audio of videos very awful.

thanks in advance.