Nexus 4 standard LG charger crappy?

kymoon

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody,

Is the LG changer that comes with the Nexus 4 crap or what? When I got my Nexus 4 back in December, I remember thinking that the charger seemed crappy just by the cheap feel to it. I'm starting to have problems charging my phone. For the most part, it starts charging, and then, at some point, it stops, and the "Charging, 79%" (for example) on the phone starts blinking. I can hear a noise in the charger when this happens. Sometimes when I unplug it and plug it back in, it stops blinking; sometimes it doesn't. I've also had a situation in which it stays in 99% and never changes to "charged." However, if I unplug it and plug it back in, then it says "charged." I've read elsewhere in the forum that people were having problems charging the Nexus, but no consensus as to anything. I have yet to try to charge it with another charger, say with the one for my Nexus 7. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

mcshaggin

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I think it sucks too. I plugged mine in once and never went back to it. It has a hum when not plugged into the phone. Maybe it's meant to let you know your burning some phanton pwr. I went back to my ipod charger. The little white plug with the micro usb plugged into that. No humms there.

HTCTundaBow

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Mine did the "blinking" part also. Sometimes, I would have to plug it into my computer during the night because the wall charger wouldn't charge it. Now, I've been using my gf's wall charger that came with her LG Motion, and it's 100% better. Chargers like it's supposed. to

sjsmr2

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I have had problems with my OEM N4 charger as well. Thankfully, I now rely on Qi charging. At one point I was able to get a replacement 1.2 amp charger from Best Buy Mobile. They swapped one out for me from another LG phone that was returned to them during a trial period. Google wanted to RMA my entire device for a defective charger. I wasn't OK with that. Since then Google Play has started selling OEM chargers and cables.

Posted via Android Central App

kymoon

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
OK, so the blinking and the buzzing is a known thing. I've been using the GSII charger that I had, and it's worked perfectly. Why would Google think that anybody would buy this ghetto crap charger from the Play Store to replace the same crap? Anyway, thank you, guys!

TheLegoman

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
The OEM charger is very cheap and low quality. Not only that, it is too weak to charge the phone while you are using it. It also makes lots of buzzing whenever I charge using it. I have also noticed the "blinking" problem. It perpetually charges then stops charging. I recommend that you get a proper charging brick capable of pushing 2.1 amps to the phone. I use my mom's iPad charging brick, and it's a ton better than the stock charger.

jwyche007

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Ordered mine on 11/13 and have had problems with it since day one. Most annoying of all is when I'm using the phone while it's plugged in the charger just randomly falls out of the wall socket.