From OnLeaks, Get Excited

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
unfortunately the same website, 24 hours later posted an article saying 2700 so who knows. 2700 would be a huge disappointment to say the least

Yeah dude exactly what I was saying before. I would not be happy with that size battery. Not much different than the current one in my Nexus.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
wireless charging won't be a deal breaker but I've never used it and would certainly prefer the option ... I hear you with the whole timing thing. I liked the Nexus 5 but had an S4 and Nexus 4 so didn't need to upgrade. Figured I'd grab the Nexus 6 but trying to order the one I wanted (white, 64 GB) took awhile and I just lost interest. after seeing the @evleaks HTC M9 render thought for sure that'd be my next, but we all know how that turned out. S6 had it's battery issues (battery is a big deal to me) and the G4's software (UX is also a big deal) just sucks IMO, so here we are.

Now we have 3 phones to choose from, both Nexus phones and Moto Pure , that'll satisfy my preference for stock. Like you said, the stars have aligned and assuming the rumors are somewhat accurate, it's a safe bet I'll grab the LG version. At this point, either availability issues or disappointing battery life would be the only things preventing me from getting one.

I don't really care about wireless charging unless it's fast wireless charging. It's not really that convenient to me. I hope the Nexus phones will come out on the same day. I'm getting increasingly frustrated with this iPhone and I'm just ready to get back to Android. I tried out an S6, but I couldn't get past the awful battery life. Plus I knew I'd be wanting Marshmallow, so Nexus phone it is.

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Here's a potentially interesting thought for next year.

Since their seems to be a wide disconnect between people looking for value vs those looking for premium, what if Google just made nexus into its own proper brand and offered 3 models next year.

Nexus 4 $200,$250, 5 inch screen
NEXUS 5 $400,$450, 5.5 inch screen
NEXUS 6 $600,$650 6 inch screen

Not sure about the specs other than the highest end nexus 6, which would have metal construction, 4 gb ddr4 ram, 820 processor, front facing speakers, 23 mp camera, 64/128 gb memory, and 4,000 mAh battery.

Trying to be realistic about what's possible not what I want.

For example if love a 1080 display to double screen on Time, but that's never gonna happen, not with everyone else packing 2k and now Sony. Packing a 4k in the z5 premium.

If also love a thicker phone, 9 mm, nice hey to it and capable of a 4500 or even 5000 mAh battery.

Anyway, I think a low, mid, and high end nexus would really help build the brand and let me people experience the joys of stock Android.

Another interesting thought, since android phones are now in a race to the bottom on price because no manufacturer seems willing to take the effort to cultivate a brand and fan base (moto was doing it until Lenovo fired the people behind all the moto x features we loved) how about nexus take a stand and try to stand out by offering more than just stock Android.

I'm thinking: 3 year pledge for updates. Meaning the version the phone comes with plus the next 2 as well.

That's longer than any other manufacturer is doing.

Also, big batteries, kinda how Droid maxx was all about the 2 day battery, let's to set a new standard for battery life, 2.5 days for the smaller phones. 3 days for the nexus 6 phablet.

Oh and finally, duel facing speakers because once you experience them going back sucks.

I'm tempted to also say water proof design, so basically we're having Sony build them, but I don't want to get too greedy, but what the heck, ip68 it is.

If I'm paying $650 for a phone I want it all
😀

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Oh and regarding the Huawei nexus 6 coming after the nexus 5, I'm cool with it If they at least announce them at the same time.

Otherwise they will be shooting themselves in the foot because some people are unsure about which nexus to buy and won't buy a nexus 5 until the nexus 6 is announced.

Surely Google isn't so stupid as to reveal them weeks months apart?

It's supposedly founded, and run by geniuses who are working on everything from robots, to driving cars, heck even curing aging.

Then again one need just look at every nexus launch since the nexus 4 to see that brilliance doesn't necessarily equal competence.

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
cost will start just under $500.

To me that sounds like $499 and $549 will be the prices for the 32/64 gb versions and I know from last year how angry many of you will feel about that, especially given that a 64 gb moto x pure is $500.

What that would mean for the Huawei nexus I don't know but my guess is that the nexus 6 must, on principle be $100 more than the smaller, less premium nexus 5.

$599, $649 though, that's the same price as the nexus 6 by moto and many thought those prices were outrageous.

Personally I don't buy that price rumor if only because huawei is not known for making phones that expensive.

I've seen rumored $400,$450 for nexus 5 and $500,$550 for nexus 6. And I think that is far more reasonable.

Of course the moto x pure is really bringing the heat on nexus 6 this year courtesy of it matching the screen size, resolution, ram, and front facing duel speakers.

Supposedly the Huawei nexus 6 had a 810 processor vs the 808 in the pure but many of us don't consider that an improvement at all.

This I really think the moto x pure will sell well and may hurt nexus 6 sales.

In my opinion Google should not have given up its one standout desire in the nexus 6, that giant screen.

Huawei nexus 6 should have been 6.1" so the phone would have the largest screen in America, instead of merely tying with note 5 and moto x pure.

Then again if that 4200 mAh battery someone mentioned turns out to be real then I'll eat my words and buy the phone to support the Holy cause of big batteries.

Last edited:

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I think Google knows that users are more interested in price than specs after the Nexus 6 got a fairly lukewarm reaction. The Moto X Style is based at $399. I'm pretty sure the 2015 Nexus 5 can match that, since it's already quite a bit smaller. If the 2015 Nexus 6 starts at $499 or even $549, I wouldn't hesitate to consider it.

Also, the main issue a lot of people had with the Nexus 6 is the screen size. It's too big for practical sales. Google would have to be crazy to try that again. 5.7 inches is comparable to the Galaxy Note, so the public is already comfortable with that size.

Last edited:

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Speaking for myself I like the nexus 6 size and am reluctant to get the new one because of the downsizing, looked at the note 5 and sedge didn't like what I was losing in screen size. Am waiting to see the nexus, but may just buy another nexus 6 for backup should mine get some catastrophic accident. The note and edge just look so tall and skinny disproportionate. The gains on screen clarity and speed etc meh, mine seems quite capable for what I use it for and if the huawei is only an incremental upgrade with a screen downgrade will wait.

kalookakoo

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Oh and regarding the Huawei nexus 6 coming after the nexus 5, I'm cool with it If they at least announce them at the same time.

Otherwise they will be shooting themselves in the foot because some people are unsure about which nexus to buy and won't buy a nexus 5 until the nexus 6 is announced.

It's supposedly founded, and run by geniuses who are working on everything from robots, to driving cars, heck even curing aging.

Then again one need just look at every nexus launch since the nexus 4 to see that brilliance doesn't necessarily equal competence.

This 100000x times.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Here's a potentially interesting thought for next year.

Since their seems to be a wide disconnect between people looking for value vs those looking for premium, what if Google just made nexus into its own proper brand and offered 3 models next year.

Nexus 4 $200,$250, 5 inch screen
NEXUS 5 $400,$450, 5.5 inch screen
NEXUS 6 $600,$650 6 inch screen

Not sure about the specs other than the highest end nexus 6, which would have metal construction, 4 gb ddr4 ram, 820 processor, front facing speakers, 23 mp camera, 64/128 gb memory, and 4,000 mAh battery.

Trying to be realistic about what's possible not what I want.

For example if love a 1080 display to double screen on Time, but that's never gonna happen, not with everyone else packing 2k and now Sony. Packing a 4k in the z5 premium.

If also love a thicker phone, 9 mm, nice hey to it and capable of a 4500 or even 5000 mAh battery.

Anyway, I think a low, mid, and high end nexus would really help build the brand and let me people experience the joys of stock Android.

Another interesting thought, since android phones are now in a race to the bottom on price because no manufacturer seems willing to take the effort to cultivate a brand and fan base (moto was doing it until Lenovo fired the people behind all the moto x features we loved) how about nexus take a stand and try to stand out by offering more than just stock Android.

I'm thinking: 3 year pledge for updates. Meaning the version the phone comes with plus the next 2 as well.

That's longer than any other manufacturer is doing.

Also, big batteries, kinda how Droid maxx was all about the 2 day battery, let's to set a new standard for battery life, 2.5 days for the smaller phones. 3 days for the nexus 6 phablet.

Oh and finally, duel facing speakers because once you experience them going back sucks.

I'm tempted to also say water proof design, so basically we're having Sony build them, but I don't want to get too greedy, but what the heck, ip68 it is.

If I'm paying $650 for a phone I want it all
😀

you'd hear no complaints out of me if that happened! I completely agree with wanting a thicker phone with bigger batteries ... idk which OEM will do it first, but soon enough, probably from one of the Chinese brands, well see 4000+ mAh.

If HTC was smart, they'd do pretty much exactly what you suggested. Copy that @evleaks M9 render from last year, add your specs, and there ya go .... back in business!! (if only it were that easy)

but yeah, totally on board with you, and don't know anybody that wouldn't agree. and if that 128 GB ever became a reality, and had that sized battery, I'd pay $1000 for it .... I wouldn't want to, and I'm not a big shot or anything, but I'd shell out some serious loot to get the exact phone I'm looking for. I'd still prefer the plastic black matte finish though, like on the Nexus 5. Just not a huge fan of all metal.

And as far as the 3 year guarantee, it's a good idea but it'll never happen. Google wouldn't want to legally put themselves in that position and they'd obviously be smart not to. Let's just say there's a new feature they're working on, that a phone 3 years prior simply can't support. They would have to customize their software in order to accommodate the previous versions.

Sounds easy enough right, I mean it's Google and they could figure it out. The problem though is that figuring it out would cost time and money, which means me and you would be paying for it. I'm a small business owner, and explored offering a warranty for my product and quickly experienced all the potential pitfalls that accompany it. I can't imagine the issues that could arise with a company the size of Google, but the risk just wouldn't be worth the reward.

oh, and as much as I'd love 5000 mAh on a 6" device, there's no way I'd get 3 days out of that, but I'd be more than happy with 24 hours. reason being, it'd consume a lot more power on a 6" phone, and I'd be using it a lot more as a media device. I currently have an iPad Mini, and that'd be pretty much useless if I had a 6" phone.

Last edited:

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

it's amazing how a company as brilliant and big as Google can be so horrific at inventory/distribution. they're my favorite company by far, I started a successful business that wouldn't be possible of it weren't for Google, they literally put food on my table, but they're mismanagement in that area is shocking to say the least.

and yeah, I think they'd be doing a disservice to us and themselves if they don't announce them simultaneously, for the exact reasons you mentioned. I know I wouldn't by the LG version (OK, maybe I would, but only cause I need 2 phones) until the Hauwei specs/features were released.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Google Nexus 5 (2015) With Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update - Extended Battery Life - Neurogadget.com

Here is the latest rumor on the nexus 5.

3180 mAh battery would make the small phone lovers happy.

Most interesting is the report that the standby for 48 hours led to just 9% battery drain.

If that is true then theoretically you could throw a charged phone into a drawer and come back in 3 weeks and it would still have 5% charge.

But the one thing that may scare and it enrage the nexus 5 fans, cost will start just under $500.

To me that sounds like $499 and $549 will be the prices for the 32/64 gb versions and I know from last year how angry many of you will feel about that, especially given that a 64 gb moto x pure is $500.

What that would mean for the Huawei nexus I don't know but my guess is that the nexus 6 must, on principle be $100 more than the smaller, less premium nexus 5.

$599, $649 though, that's the same price as the nexus 6 by moto and many thought those prices were outrageous.

Personally I don't buy that price rumor if only because huawei is not known for making phones that expensive.

I've seen rumored $400,$450 for nexus 5 and $500,$550 for nexus 6. And I think that is far more reasonable.

Of course the moto x pure is really bringing the heart on nexus 6 this year courtesy of it matching the screen size, resolution, ram, and don't facing duel speakers.

Supposedly the Huawei nexus 6 had a 810 processor vs the 808 in the pure but many of us don't consider that an improvement at all.

This I really think the moto x pure will sell well and may hurt nexus 6 sales.

In my opinion Google should not have given up its one standout desire in the nexus 6, that giant screen.

Huawei nexus 6 should have been 6.1" so the phone would have the largest screen in America, instead of merely tying with note 5 and moto x pure.

Then again if that 4200 mAh battery someone mentioned turns out to be real then I'll eat my words and buy the phone to support the Holy cause of big batteries.

unfortunately I can't trust that source. reason being, within 24 hours that same website suggested a 2700 mAh (while also mentioning the potential for 3180) on the LG and 3300 on the Hauwei.

http://neurogadget.com/2015/08/30/nexus-5-2015-vs-huawei-nexus-6-2015-rumored-specs-compared/13909

I'd be excessively disappointed, and would most likely pass if that 2700 comes to fruition. And if anybody crossed my path the day it became official, and tried telling me how efficient it is, I'd beat them to a bloody pulp!

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
See that is what I'm concerned about.

One of top 2 concerns of nexus 5 aficionados is price and when you see what kind of sexy the moto x pure is bringing you realize that the smaller size of the nexus 5 means it needs to start cheaper in order to compete.

Not just screen size either, camera too.

In fact one rumor I heard was that nexus 5 had snapdragon 620 processor.

If true then the nexus 5 better cost $300,$350 or it is done.

You can't go up against moto x with weaker specs and the same price.

Not when pure is packing 0 bloat and a stock experience that's better than nexus.

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
3300 on the Huawei? Outrageous! Every year the battery needs to get bigger.

First and only rumor I saw was 3500mAh battery, which at the very least will beat nexus 6 battery life.

Pack won more battery, like 4000 mAh and you beat the turbo and earn my money.

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I haven't read through everything, but I just wanted to say the rumored 3180 mAh battery for the Nexus 5 is unlikely.

Before Gizmochina, all rumors/leaks pointed to a 2700 mAh battery.

Here's the Gizmochina article: Google Nexus 5, Huawei Nexus Possible Specs Leaked - Gizmochina

According to this These could be the specifications for the new LG Nexus 5, they were wrong about Snapdragon 620 processor and the 4 GB of RAM.

^ That leak matches up with the earliest Nexus 5 rumor: [Updated] [Rumor] No Nexus Tablet In 2015, But Two Phones—A 5.2-Inch LG (Code Name Bullhead) And A 5.7-Inch Huawei (Code Name Angler)

So yeah, expect a 2700 mAh battery. Maybe 2800ish.

Last edited:

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
unfortunately I can't trust that source. reason being, within 24 hours that same website suggested a 2700 mAh (while also mentioning the potential for 3180) on the LG and 3300 on the Hauwei.

Nexus 5 2015 vs. Huawei Nexus 6 2015 – Rumored Specs Compared - Neurogadget.com

Wow, that site is just garbage.

"Inside, it will have a hexa core 1.8GHz Snapdragon 620 processor that will be paired with Adreno 418 graphics"

Come on! The Snapdragon 620 has a freaking Adreno 510 GPU! And it isn't a hexa core but instead an octa core.
https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/processors/620

They mixed up the 620 with the 808.
https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/processors/808

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Even with a 3180mAh battery, I fail to see how it could last longer than my Moto X Play because the rumours are that it has a QHD display :(

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to go against the grain here and predict the Huawei Nexus 6 will have a battery in the range of 3,300mah to 3,500mah at the absolute max.

Feel like for whatever reason, Nexus phones haven't had gargantuan batteries in them and I don't feel that the Nexus 6 will either. I know Huawei regularly throw very large batteries in their phones, but my gut feeling is that we won't be getting some crazy 3,900+ mah battery.

Would absolutely love to be wrong on this one though. Especially hope that the Nexus 5 has a battery at or over 3,000mah. Here's hoping...

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to go against the grain here and predict the Huawei Nexus 6 will have a battery in the range of 3,300mah to 3,500mah at the absolute max.

Feel like for whatever reason, Nexus phones haven't had gargantuan batteries in them and I don't feel that the Nexus 6 will either. I know Huawei regularly throw very large batteries in their phones, but my gut feeling is that we won't be getting some crazy 3,900+ mah battery.

Would absolutely love to be wrong on this one though. Especially hope that the Nexus 5 has a battery at or over 3,000mah. Here's hoping...

Just by look of leaked Nexus 6 2015 doesn't seem to have room for a battery more than 3500mah. The phone looks relatively thin and has a foot print no bigger that laster Nexus 6 or a iPhone plus 6.

I would little surprise if Nexus 5 (2015) didn't have a 3000mah battery. However Google did decide to decrease battery size in the 2013 Nexus 5 even those it was based off LG G2 which had 3000mah battery. Hopefully Google will leave this years LG G4 based Nexus 5 battery alone.

Last edited:

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Just by look of leaked Nexus 6 2015 doesn't seem to have room for a battery more than 3500mah. The phone looks relatively thin and has a foot print no bigger that laster Nexus 6 or a iPhone plus 6.

I would little surprise if Nexus 5 (2015) didn't have a 3000mah battery. However Google did decide to decrease battery size in the 2013 Nexus 5 even those it was based off LG G2 which had 3000mah battery. Hopefully Google will leave this years LG G4 based Nexus 5 battery alone.

the last few days there have been multiple sources that cited a 2700 mAh battery, which I've suspected all along. still hoping it's 3000, same as the G4 like you said, but I'm not very optimistic.

I get the thin phone, small battery combo for Joe Public that walks into his carrier store and buys what's pretty, but I'd think Google would be more sensitive to phone enthusiasts with its Nexus brand this time around. I love all the features, and the specs are perfect, but that battery is such a black cloud.

is it the end of the world? of course not, but 2015 has been such a disappointing year for us, cause we've seen great phones ruined by small batteries and bad processors. if true, I'll probably just stick with what I have and hope 2016 is better. worse case scenario, I'll at least get the 820 processor, even if batteries continue to be small, which is what I expect at this point. either way, to buy an 808 or 810 this late in the year, combined with a 2700 battery just isn't what I'm spending my hard earned money on.

I could compromise the processor, but not the battery. and I don't want to hear about how efficient it is and how M will be so much better with battery life. it's the same story every year, and sometimes you just need raw power, especially if it is as efficient as they claim, so that it'll take advantage of that. the goal is to improve, not remain at the same 3-4 hours SOT, which will surely require a replacement battery every year that I have to pay for. yeah, hope I'm wrong, but definitely not excited about 2015 phones right now. I'll just continue to upgrade my home entertainment system and maybe start working on the car stereo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch