Nexus 5x Headphone Jack Problems?

A

AC Question

Is anyone else having issues with the Nexus 5x headphone jack? Mine is very hard to plug into, and only switches sound over to the headphones after being plugged/unplugged several times very gently. Also button controls on the headset worked once but have yet to get them working again.

rockhstrongo

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with the Nexus 5x headphone jack? Mine is very hard to plug into, and only switches sound over to the headphones after being plugged/unplugged several times very gently. Also button controls on the headset worked once but have yet to get them working again.

What headphones are you using? Have you tested with other headphones?

I have this problem, but only with a certain pair of headphones (Xiaomi Pistons 2.0). They seem to work randomly. Testing them right now, I plugged them in, unplugged, and re-plugged them 7 times, and they still didn't work. Every other pair of headphones that I've tried all work consistently.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the volume controls.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Having the same issue. Headphone jack is very sensitive to touch. Will pause music if tapped even slightly.

push in all the way. I had the same thing happen to me the other day (with my GS6 headphones). When I put the headphone jack in, there was a little bit of the metal (of the jack) still showing but it felt like it was inserted all the way. I then decided that it wasn't pushed in all the way (since some metal of the jack was showing) and I pushed harder (harder than I thought it would ever need) and then it clicked into place and I had no issue from then on. I think it requires a little more force than any other phone I've ever owned. Disclaimer: if you push too hard and break your phone, I'm not responsible! ;)

TonyStarks347

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
push in all the way. I had the same thing happen to me the other day (with my GS6 headphones). When I put the headphone jack in, there was a little bit of the metal (of the jack) still showing but it felt like it was inserted all the way. I then decided that it wasn't pushed in all the way (since some metal of the jack was showing) and I pushed harder (harder than I thought it would ever need) and then it clicked into place and I had no issue from then on. I think it requires a little more force than any other phone I've ever owned. Disclaimer: if you push too hard and break your phone, I'm not responsible! ;)

Was having tons of issues and was getting real upset, but this worked! Thanks! :)

Marshall Jeske

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site

dirtyjudo

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I have not had any problems with mine, but you do have to be very deliberate with plugging it in and out. The fit is very tight.

Posted via the Android Central App

Icr8stf

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Now I have had a slightly different problem with my headphone jack(s).

I push the plug in and it might not register I put a plug in. Then you lift the phone to use the screen and the cable falls right out. I tried this with apple headphones, beats headphones and a Monster headphone extender cable. The jack is not strong enough.

Google quickly responded to my request for help by sending me a new phone. I tried to use the headphone jack this morning and it too is problematic. I pushed the plug in and the phone never knew there was anything there and sound remained on the device. Not to mention the grip of the plug was just enough to hold it there without any pressure on the cable.

Peter_the_Gr8

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
I found that I had to push very hard. First few times it played the music out loud and I scrambled to push all the way in. My problem is the volume is too low. I searched for that and found this tread. Has anyone else found too low volume? On my old Moto X it would warn me about high volume but i could override. Is this just over protecting me?

TigersFIMA

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Noticed a similar issue yesterday. One set of headphones that works fine in my other phones (Moto X 2013 and Nexus 4) works but at significantly reduced volume. At first was thinking maybe software problem/fixable, but then tried another set of headphones in my 5X and volume's fine. Anyone know if this is a known issue/if there's any guidance on what works and what doesn't?

Zenter

Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
THANK YOU, i just bought my n5x today and I was very upset cuz the jack was too sensible to touch, thank you for the advice, really!

Keski

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Just got myself a new pair if headphones with a remote, but my Nexus failed to recognize it. Tried cleaning the plug, unplugging, restarting phone etc. Tried other headphones and they worked fine. However, I noticed that if I push any of the buttons on the remote after plugging in the Nexus picks it up and the sounds works fine. Guessing there is some default resistance expected from the phone for initial setup that doesn't match up. Hope it helps someone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa