Wifi connection keeps dropping in chrome - ERROR -->dns_probe_finished_no_internet

ktroopa

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

Hopefully someone here can advise me on this issue I have been getting with my Nexus 5x and using chrome but issue also happens in youtube. Note I have not setup my phone with a SIM yet, just been testing out the phone features and Android 6.0

When connected to my home networtk chrome and youtube work fine but every now and then the web page loading seems to stall in chrome, and then i watch the wifi signal disconnect and then reconnect and then the web page will load, but before it does i get the error message

dns_probe_finished_no_internet and sometimes its ERR name not resolved or ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED or similar inside chrome.

it seems to recover after about 30secs and then i have full wifi again. it just keeps happening :( This seems to be random at the moment but is consistent. My home network is pretty solid and all my other devices work fine and do not exhibit this issue, my wifi is solid.

I have done all the usual forget network, wipe system cache and static IP etc. nothing makes a difference. can anyone shed some light what might be causing this?

thanks

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi all

Hopefully someone here can advise me on this issue I have been getting with my Nexus 5x and using chrome but issue also happens in youtube. Note I have not setup my phone with a SIM yet, just been testing out the phone features and Android 6.0

When connected to my home networtk chrome and youtube work fine but every now and then the web page loading seems to stall in chrome, and then i watch the wifi signal disconnect and then reconnect and then the web page will load, but before it does i get the error message

dns_probe_finished_no_internet and sometimes its ERR name not resolved or ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED or similar inside chrome.

it seems to recover after about 30secs and then i have full wifi again. it just keeps happening :( This seems to be random at the moment but is consistent. My home network is pretty solid and all my other devices work fine and do not exhibit this issue, my wifi is solid.

I have done all the usual forget network, wipe system cache and static IP etc. nothing makes a difference. can anyone shed some light what might be causing this?

thanks

Have you tested in Safe Mode?

ktroopa

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
nope but i have not installed any additional apps what so ever, its purely come of the box and running it stock. will give it a try

ktroopa

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
safe mode made no difference, the problem remains. any ideas whats causing this. after searching i see marshmallow has wifi issues just like lollipop did

cporta

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I think I have the same problem. I have been noticing some lag while on wifi. I haven't played with it a lot as I just got it yesterday. Not sure what to do.