Nexus 5x Multitasking?

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm trying to choose between the 5x and original Nexus 6. I was leaning towards the N6 due to the 3gb RAM, extra storage space, and QHD screen. But after seeing more than one video on YouTube where people compared the 5x and N6 side by side in various speed tests (as well as seeing how much better the 5x camera is in low light) I've gone back to favoring the 5x.

My primary concern is my day to day usage of the phone. I keep many apps open simultaneously and generally have 100+ tags open in Chrome. Does anyone else push their 5x similarly? How does it handle such multitasking? Does it get laggy and slow down or just keep keep running with similar speedy performance? It's really the 2gb vs 3gb of RAM that I'm not sure about for my particular usage. What have you experienced on this? The 5x certainly seemed snappy in the comparisons that I saw. But I'd truly love to hear how it handles multiple apps and many tabs in Chrome. Thanks so much. I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
My 5X has gotten laggy before, but it's not due to low RAM. When I first got the phone I constantly checked my RAM usage, and it never went over 1.7 GB. Android Marshmallow naively manages RAM usage really well I think.

The lag I was experiencing is most likely due to bugs in the OS. Initially it felt very unstable. Especially the camera. However things have gotten better, and the March update fixed the rest of my concerns. Things are very stable now.

Posted via the Android Central app on my Nexus 5X with Project Fi