Phone ownership change

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,
My Nexus 5X has been taken over by my wife. Is there a way to save all the data and apps, do a factory reset change ownership from me to her and restore the data and apps with her as the new owner of the phone?
Thanks for help in advance.
Charlie

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You can just add her google account and then sign yours out. Any data that is tied to YOUR account will not be transferred, but everything that is generic would be. Any apps that you purchased she'd need to purchase them again if she wants to continue to use them.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
When I got my Nexus 5x recently, I planned on giving my Nexus 5 to my nephew. First, I put my Google account on my 5x and restored all my contacts, calendar information, emails, WiFi passwords, and apps from Google. Then I did a factory restore on the Nexus 5 and gave it to my nephew like new.

I was using Android 6 on both phones and the backup/restore process worked flawlessly. I was very happy with it.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Everything can be transfered from your old phone to your new phone via Google. When you start up your new phone it will ask you if you want to restore from a previous device. You select the device and the date last used and you should be good. Or maybe I'm just not sure what your asking.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87