Moving Photos to Thumb Drive

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 5x running Android 7 beta 4.
How do I move photos from the camera to the thumb drive. When I plug the thumb drive in it lights up and I can see what's on the thumb drive--which is nothing right now--and I can format the thumb drive but I don't know how to get my photos to move. If I go and select the photos the thumb drive is not one of the options for receiving the photos.

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
First, this could be because of beta N. Were you able to do this with MM? If so, it's N. If not, are you using the internal storage app or a third party app. I couldn't quickly find a way to move a photo to recognized usb drive from MM using internal storage on 5X. It works with ES Explorer, though. I'll play with it some more, but it's not my phone so I can't install N.

Don't know if this will help, but i figured out how to use the built-in explorer. After selecting your file, go Copy to, then when you get Recent, etc on left pane, hit the 3 dots to open Show internal storage. You will see both internal storage and USB drive. Touch Copy and it's there.

If you knew all this and it doesn't work, I'd blame N, again. Anyway, I learned something.

Last edited:

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
No, I never got it done with Android 6, either. I was using the internal program. My Nexus 5x isn't rooted. Right now it's a moot point. When I got up this morning there are no photos on the Nexus 5x.

Thanks, I'll look at ES Explorer

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
See edited post above. My hubby's N5x isn't rooted, either. I still use my N5.
No photos may mean auto upload to Photos app??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress