64GB and 128GB Out of Stock

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I just saw this post and tried to get the phone via Huawei to possibly save on tax, but the site now tells me that even the 32GB versions are out of stock, even though they're in stock per Google's site. It also gives me a "404 Page Not Found" error when I tried adding the phone to the cart, so I'm hoping that it's more of a temporary technical glitch than really being out of stock. Anyone sees anything different?

Wow! I am seeing the same results. This is a little surprising. I placed my order Thursday afternoon for the 64GB model and received an email confirming they are processing my order. Google Play Store still have the 32GB models for Aluminium and Graphite are still available for $499. I suspect this might sell out within a week.

linuxmel

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm really curious if Google ever sees Nexus as a profit proposition.

Posted via the Android Central App

Do you really think Google needs the money? Exposure is what they are looking for, and they really don't need that. Just my opinion 😃

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I just talked to a rep who said I would only get the promo if an actual order was placed before 10/25, waitlist doesn't count. I asked him to confirm since I had seen otherwise here and he confirmed the same thing with another support team. He also pointed out in the fine print - "Promotional offer available while Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X supplies last, no rain checks." On the plus side, he did let slip that they add inventory each Wednesday to both the GStore and Project Fi, so hopefully we'll see some more 64 and 128s added then.

Definitely getting some mixed messages from support reps on this issue...

I called back after reading your post and you're correct. Apparently the original two I talked to last week were wrong and you have to have an order on the books to qualify for the credit. If they don't get any stock in by the time the Playstore credit expires, I'll leave the waitlist and wait for reviews on the 6p. At this point the X Pure is back in the mix. It really ticks me off when they play these games.

According to a supervisor at the Google Store, this isn't a preorder, its a prepurchase. A preorder is unlimited stock, where a prepurchase is limited quantities and the Play credit is tied to that limited quantity. Had I known that, I would've ordered it earlier, but I figured I had time to wait for reviews. It reminds me a lot of those deals where a 60" TV is $500, but they only have 5 in stock but they do it to get you in the door. As far as I'm concerned, they'll usually end up losing me as a customer when they do that.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
They weren't that far off in terms of the Nexus 6 vs Note 4 last year (Nexus 6 32GB was $649, Note 4 32GB was $700). This year Samsung upped the price of their Note series significantly, getting $700 for the 32GB vs the 6p getting $550 for their 32GB model. But even before this year's or the Nexus 4 & 5, the Nexus 1 and and Samsung's Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus were getting as least as much as their rivals. While recent models may not have had as much profit as the early devices, which also has to do with the OEM since LG, Asus, and Huawei have all been able to offer their own devices at an affordable price point, they're not selling them for $10 above cost (except maybe for the 5x).

Nexus 6 mark up was still below average. Then add to a device that has low demand. Leaving the profit per device compared to the Note 4 below average. If nexus 6 was in high demand could made similar profit per Note 4.

Nexus 4,5 both based on lg devices that were marked up respectfully. Where the Nexus counter parts with more hardware or curved glass which would increase cost that similar device also had mark up cut below average. Basically Nexus were selling LG G1 and G2 at lower cost and less of return due to low demand. Build cost similar to G1 and G2 the nexus 4 and nexus 5 but mark up below average and demand below average, Then add particular design choices in Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 that could be mass produce part they took from higher demand G1 and G2 just adds to the below average profit.

Nexus S and Galaxy S different oem then lg but same problems.

Nexus 1 was a one off and 1st gen to may device HTC would make after. I believe mark up cold have been average. Since HTC Nexus One was first it kind it's build cost probably higher than average and nexus one had low demand.(Particular because how it was sold) That profit nexus one was below average as well probably alot worse nexus devices in general.

May I ask where you're getting that they're using older hardware? All of the components, except for the display since I don't know where they sourced it from, are the same components used in other devices out this year. The camera is an updated unit from last year's Droid Turbo, the 808 is used in many current models (usually in lieu of the 810 due to its tendency to overheat), the RAM is the same as many others are using (except for Samsung who switched to DDR 4, which is probably one of the reasons they are selling at a higher price point). But while it may not be bleeding edge, the fact that they have offered what most other competitors are but at $100-200 less should say something. And since they're not going to sell them at a loss, that means that other companies are padding their profit even more than they have to.

Your talking about MXP right. You just answer your own question. They using 808 which older than 810. MXP uses a lot mass produce parts from other models like camera. The camera camera cam from a Droid turbo(Turbo release OCT 2014), The MXP is using older or mass produce devices that parts to make the device makes the device cheaper per unit to a N6P. IF MXP make profit is not reflection N6P because build cost,demand, and mark up are not same.

There's two ways to look at it, sell some devices at a high profit, or sell more models at a lower profit. The former looks very good to board members and investors, while the latter gets you more customers. And if you don't screw it up, they will be return customers. Once people (at least in the US anyway) start seeing how much they're actually paying for their devices (something that wasn't as clear with phone subsidies in place, I'd imagine they'll look to devices that can still fulfill their needs, but at a lower price point. I imagine that OEMs have known that the end of subsidies were coming and that's why you're seeing these low prices flagships start to show up more visibly, because not everyone is going to want to shell out $700+ for highend devices going forward, especially if we're looking at another recession in the near future like some are predicting.

This whole different separate and start of different topic of debate. This idea your talking about is overall look at mobile industry through the perspective of selling unlocked off contract devices that Moto has been doing since the launch of the Moto X. That MXP is flagship device with the performance close that to high end devices but at cheaper cost. Which in long run the mass will prefer low cost unlocked flagship device rather than buy the subside high end device or highend unlocked $700 device. Furthermore when mass change then more OEMs will in employ strategy Moto is doing with the Moto X line. Well if Moto is successful I could see a shift how mobile industry prices and sell devices in future.

eenyc09

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
The only available option left is 32GB in Aluminum.

Also, existing orders (like mine) are now showing up as "Pending" from a previous "Pre-ordered". Things are beginning to move. The next status should be "Preparing for shipment" or even "Shipped". All way ahead of the anticipated ship date of November 5-9.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Nexus 6 mark up was still below average. Then add to a device that has low demand. Leaving the profit per device compared to the Note 4 below average. If nexus 6 was in high demand could made similar profit per Note 4.

Nexus 4,5 both based on lg devices that were marked up respectfully. Where the Nexus counter parts with more hardware or curved glass which would increase cost that similar device also had mark up cut below average. Basically Nexus were selling LG G1 and G2 at lower cost and less of return due to low demand. Build cost similar to G1 and G2 the nexus 4 and nexus 5 but mark up below average and demand below average, Then add particular design choices in Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 that could be mass produce part they took from higher demand G1 and G2 just adds to the below average profit.

Nexus S and Galaxy S different oem then lg but same problems.

Nexus 1 was a one off and 1st gen to may device HTC would make after. I believe mark up cold have been average. Since HTC Nexus One was first it kind it's build cost probably higher than average and nexus one had low demand.(Particular because how it was sold) That profit nexus one was below average as well probably alot worse nexus devices in general.

Your talking about MXP right. You just answer your own question. They using 808 which older than 810. MXP uses a lot mass produce parts from other models like camera. The camera camera cam from a Droid turbo(Turbo release OCT 2014), The MXP is using older or mass produce devices that parts to make the device makes the device cheaper per unit to a N6P. IF MXP make profit is not reflection N6P because build cost,demand, and mark up are not same.

This whole different separate and start of different topic of debate. This idea your talking about is overall look at mobile industry through the perspective of selling unlocked off contract devices that Moto has been doing since the launch of the Moto X. That MXP is flagship device with the performance close that to high end devices but at cheaper cost. Which in long run the mass will prefer low cost unlocked flagship device rather than buy the subside high end device or highend unlocked $700 device. Furthermore when mass change then more OEMs will in employ strategy Moto is doing with the Moto X line. Well if Moto is successful I could see a shift how mobile industry prices and sell devices in future.

You're starting to contradict yourself. First you say that the Nexus has a below average markup and coupled with low demand, means less profit. Then you compare it to a device that has above average markup and high demand, but say that if the Nexus had higher demand, they would have the same profit. What about the markup? If that's still low wouldn't they still have lower profit? Regardless, demand isn't the problem. No it may not sell in Galaxy device numbers, but then no other model does at this point. Whenever the Nexus devices get launched, there's always a period where they're out of stock. But the thing is it's not about demand. The demand is there, Google just doesn't offer their Nexus in the same numbers as more mainstream devices. If also didn't help that of the Nexus models available, most weren't available on one of the two largest carriers in the US. Forgoing around 90 million customers doesn't help with perceived demand either.

The 808 and the 810 were announced at the same time. And from everything I've heard, the MXP's camera isn't the same unit as what came with the Droid Turbo, it may have the same MP count, but that didn't mean it's the same unit. And I'll let you in on something, every component in these devices are mass produced. There are a few manufacturers for each major component in these devices, and they supply them to all the OEMS. Have you noticed that most of the camera units out there are Sony? Between them and a handful of other sensor manufacturers they cover the entire industry. There are very few components that are completely custom and produced in low quantities.

Unlocked devices have been around long before the Moto X line, but they were always the most expensive devices. With the industry moving away from subsidized devices, OEMs will have to move to more affordable offerings since most people would balk at the prices these flagship phones retail for.

husa3695

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I called back after reading your post and you're correct. Apparently the original two I talked to last week were wrong and you have to have an order on the books to qualify for the credit. If they don't get any stock in by the time the Playstore credit expires, I'll leave the waitlist and wait for reviews on the 6p. At this point the X Pure is back in the mix. It really ticks me off when they play these games.

According to a supervisor at the Google Store, this isn't a preorder, its a prepurchase. A preorder is unlimited stock, where a prepurchase is limited quantities and the Play credit is tied to that limited quantity. Had I known that, I would've ordered it earlier, but I figured I had time to wait for reviews. It reminds me a lot of those deals where a 60" TV is $500, but they only have 5 in stock but they do it to get you in the door. As far as I'm concerned, they'll usually end up losing me as a customer when they do that.

Google could give the people that are waiting for restock of the 6P the $50 Play credit. I was going to pre-order or pre-purchase before the 25th so I could get the credit. I will still purchase the phone through Google though, I have the Nexus 9 that I brought from Best Buy and had some trouble with the Marshmallow update so I contacted Google and they wouldn't help me so all my Nexus purchases will be from Google or Best Buy.

jlevs

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
8 days and counting!

I'd love to order this phone... If it's a "pre-order" then shouldn't they just take orders and make the estimated delivery date later?

Naman Saklecha

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Personally, I'm very happy to hear this.

It means they have sold out what they thought would be good numbers. I'm sure they are looking at this as a success... and they can now start up their production lines and build more... they now know what is selling... what size and what colors are selling in from what locations. Good for them!!!

I don't think that that's the reason. The reason why Apple never runs out this quick js simply because of good inventory management systems which Google has lacked since inception

ydooby

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Wow! I am seeing the same results. This is a little surprising. I placed my order Thursday afternoon for the 64GB model and received an email confirming they are processing my order. Google Play Store still have the 32GB models for Aluminium and Graphite are still available for $499. I suspect this might sell out within a week.
Tried Huawei's website again today and was happy to see that they have fixed the glitch, and that I was allowed to place an order for the 6P 64GB Aluminum with an estimated shipping date in "early November". To my disappointment, however, I am still required to pay tax, living in California. At this point I am still torn between ordering a 32GB from Google with $50 Play Store credit and receiving it in late November, and ordering a 64GB from Huawei with no PS credit and receiving it in early November. Sigh... should've pulled the trigger a lot earlier.

jlevs

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I tried Huawei's website earlier today and it said it was out of stock as well. Just went back on and ordered the Aluminum 64 GB model. I got tired of waiting for Google and frankly they still don't know how to sell phones. As much as I wanted the $50 Google Play credit, living in New York I didn't have to pay sales tax. After watching all the videos today I'm excited to get me phone!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that that's the reason. The reason why Apple never runs out this quick js simply because of good inventory management systems which Google has lacked since inception

LOL... do you actually think Google tries to make the Nexus for the large distribution that ANY other manufacture tries to do... NO!!! They are not trying to mass product these on the same scale as Samsung, Apple, HTC, Motorola, LG, or any other for their flagship devices. They want these to succeed, but even when the Nexus devices are made by any of the ones I mentioned, except Apple of course, Google wants these to be successful not have the manufacture have too many left on the initial push.

If you or anyone else really wanted this device... it was definitely NOT Google's fault, like in years past where Google had server issues... both devices in almost every configuration was available for days... and really, this is just the pre-order... more will be available in the near future.

linuxmel

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Will these be back in Stock at some point? Why don't they do what amazon does when they let you go ahead and order, then send an email when it ships. Kind of like you are getting in line for the next available device.

chrisexv6

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Ive been trying to order from Huawei all day

First try, they triggered my credit card's fraud protection. Then the 64GB aluminum went out of stock. Contacted my credit card to have the fraud cleared.

Second and third try (yes, its been in and out of stock 3 times today) I'm still getting the "declined" message. Break down and call them (live chat was useless) and apparently them triggering my credit card's fraud alert caused them to trigger their own fraud alert on ME.

Which means I can order just as soon as they clear it on their side.....in 24-48 hours.

But hey they'll still have them in stock then, right? SMH.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Ive been trying to order from Huawei all day

First try, they triggered my credit card's fraud protection. Then the 64GB aluminum went out of stock. Contacted my credit card to have the fraud cleared.

Second and third try (yes, its been in and out of stock 3 times today) I'm still getting the "declined" message. Break down and call them (live chat was useless) and apparently them triggering my credit card's fraud alert caused them to trigger their own fraud alert on ME.

Which means I can order just as soon as they clear it on their side.....in 24-48 hours.

But hey they'll still have them in stock then, right? SMH.

Still showing in stock to me on the 32GB and 128GB. 64GB is out of stock.

chrisexv6

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Still showing in stock to me on the 32GB and 128GB. 64GB is out of stock.

Yeah it fluctuates. Just ticks me off that I couldnt order because they flagged my info (I dont have an account there, so it has to be my name, address and/or phone) as fraudulent on top of the irony that my credit card listed THEM as fraudulent.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any information on if Google will replenish the stock? Really want to take advantage of the $50 play store credit but phone has to be ordered by the 25th. Can't take my money if there is nothing to be purchased.

Sent from Da Beast, AKA, The classy white, Galaxy Note 5

cruiz1022

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Yeah it fluctuates. Just ticks me off that I couldnt order because they flagged my info (I dont have an account there, so it has to be my name, address and/or phone) as fraudulent on top of the irony that my credit card listed THEM as fraudulent.

They flagged me as well. BoA froze my account twice trying to get the Aluminum 128GB -_-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress