Nexus 6P - Gmail Notifications?

drathos

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Gmail Notifications?

Where are these settings? I can't seem to find them.

Settings -> Battery -> Battery Optimization (menu in upper right) -> All Apps -> Gmail -> Don't optimize

This seems to have partially fixed it for me. Still some delays, but only a few minutes unlike before..

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

This issue started showing up for me after the Jan Security update.

not sure how security update would affect gmail delivery. This is the only issue i have at the moment

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Settings -> Battery -> Battery Optimization (menu in upper right) -> All Apps -> Gmail -> Don't optimize

This seems to have partially fixed it for me. Still some delays, but only a few minutes unlike before..

Thank you! Now I'm getting my emails!

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to disabled the battery optimization. I just installed the Outlook app which now supports Google accounts with push notifications and i'm receiving all my notifications without any delays so far.

Scrolling up a bit I just realized that the user "ChinChillaz " is doing the same thing with the Outlook app as I am. I recommend you try it at least until Google fixes the issue so you don't need to mess around with your Dose and battery settings. I want the best possible battery life on my device.

Last edited:

NotATreoFan

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site

I started having this issue on my Galaxy Note 5 around the same time I unlocked it and flashed a custom ROM (after running stock for 5 months). At first I thought it was a kernel issue since I had tweaked some settings to try an extend battery life and lower WiFi power drain, but no matter what I did, including reflashing various ROMs, I had no luck.

After finding this thread today, I decided to uninstall the updates to the built-in Gmail app, and then use Titanium to delete the system one. Within seconds of uninstall updates, my notification shade filled up with notifications from the 7 Gmail accounts I have on push. Which led me to believe some recent updates are causing the headaches, even through I read an article last week saying Google acknowledged the issue and it was a server-side fix not requiring an app update.

I proceeded to delete the system app, reboot, and install the latest from the Play Store. All my notifications are coming in just as instantly now. Hopefully this fixes it! I did not change any sync settings or remove and add my accounts back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty