Random Restart

elfrocampeador

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
So here's a weird thing... My 6P restarted a few minutes ago without my touching it at all, this is about an hour after I installed the monthly security update. I hadn't touched the thing in the intervening time. Should I be worried? I suppose not unless it happens again...

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me once. Right after I used Instagram. It somehow just restarted it self loading showing the Android starting animating logo.

anon(8938849)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Happened to me today as well. I have not gotten the security patch yet however, so that had nothing to do with it.

Posted via the Android Central App

madcrabs

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Happened to me twice in the last couple of days. Have had the phone since around the 30th, with no issues.

Have had other Android phone in the past and they did this from time to time as well, so not really worried.

I want to say I was using chrome both times it happened.

joesedroid

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
This has happened to me at least 3 times, one time it came up with some barcode display with 3 or four barcodes across the front. Its happened over night once or twice and my alarm didnt go off.
One more time its going back.
Joe

jlukes

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Happened to me fit for the first time today . Was using the Google photos app. Have had my phone for almost 2 weeks

Mtn_Scott

Remain Calm!
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
This has happened to me at least 3 times, one time it came up with some barcode display with 3 or four barcodes across the front. Its happened over night once or twice and my alarm didnt go off.
One more time its going back.
Joe
That is a lot of work for a simple solution. Factory reset should fix it. If not, then return it. Sometimes things go a little screwy with OTAs.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Still no restarts from what I have seen. I stream either music or video on it while at work so I would have noticed the cut off.

kayfaei

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Ah so the problem carried over to the 6p then eh? If you Google you will see lots of reports with this happening with the Nexus 6. It took Google/motorola forever to fix it. ( least for mine. Mine haven't randomly rebooted in about five months now or more)

Some people waited it out cause Google kept saying it was a software/ app issue. Some people sent theirs back for a new one.Some people were convinced it's a battery problem. I guess it's up to you which method you choose. It's just disappointing that it made it to the 6P as wel

Posted via the Android Central App
From Nexus 6

andreo

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had it do a random reset every so often since day one. Whenever it did reset I was not even holding the phone. Normally I hadn't even had the phone in my hands for 10 minutes or more.
It doesn't happen often though. And since there are no loud startup screens (Droid Turbo) I will be able to put up with it for little while until a fix comes out.

bigbadtone

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Got my 6p on release date. It's happened on two different days, once with the little green robot saying something that seemed bad and the other was yesterday where it rebooted three times on the trot. Here's hoping it's a software issue!