Blank screen

Ernesto#AC

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm having problems while making calls. As soon as I dial a number the screen goes blank. I can hear the call but can't turn on the screen to interact with it. Anyone else having this issue.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm having problems while making calls. As soon as I dial a number the screen goes blank. I can hear the call but can't turn on the screen to interact with it. Anyone else having this issue.

People please stop using screen protectors, they do nothing, and are just a waste of money.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't trying to be hostile.

Some friendly advice though:

Please take the time to use the search function on AndroidCentral to see if the topic has been discussed before.

This issue has been reported and discussed many times.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Damn you guys don't have to be so hostile

I'm not being hostile, I just think screen protectors are useless. Why waste money on them when they produce minimal protection? I can see using them in phones from a couple of years ago, but now? There is no point.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not being hostile, I just think screen protectors are useless. Why waste money on them when they produce minimal protection? I can see using them in phones from a couple of years ago, but now? There is no point.

Everyone situation is different. Just because you don't need a screen protector or think they're valuable, doesn't mean they aren't and aren't essential for some people. If I didn't use a screen protector my screen would be destroyed within a week. I work outside for a living and in some very harsh environments and a screen protector and a good case is an absolute must on phones. Everyone that I work with has one. Those that didn't have one either have a scratched up screen or in some cases even broken or shattered. Plus, when I ride my motorcycle I do a lot of off road riding. My phone gets jostled around in my tank bag and without a screen protector and the case it would be scratched all to heck. I've been using screen protectors from IQ, for about 3 years now, and they are great.

Posted via Android Central App from a Nexus 6P or the amazing Nexus 10

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
People please stop using screen protectors, they do nothing, and are just a waste of money.

Nope. They keep the factory screen coating intact if nothing else. That alone is worth it.

Sent from the Comm Center of the Trigati

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
This thread made me go and search for some information on Gorilla Glass 4. I wondered how Gorilla glass has evolved since my last phone with version 3. With each increment in version, they are making advances in durability but it is still not impervious to some real world situations. Going from 3 to 4, they focused on drops.The articles say it can now survive one meter drops "80% of the time."

Apparently sand and diamonds can still scratch it. I usually leave my pocket full of diamonds at home these days but sand is still a possibility, especially since I live in the southwest.

So, no doubt Gorilla glass 4 is significantly stronger than previous incarnations, it is still possible to scratch it and there is still a chance the screen will break. However, a screen protector is no guarantee of full protection either. In fact, your screen protector is more likely to show scratches because it's not made out of this high tech glass.

With all that in mind, I chose to use a tempered glass protector (Intelliglass). The only drawback I find is that you can see the protector is there because the cutouts are obvious. And yes, it has the cutout for the proximity sensor.

(to find this information and more, just search "Gorilla Glass 4" on google)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress