How do you carry the 6P?

zinvestor

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm right handed and always use the front left pocket myself. I also hold the phone and unlock it with my left hand. I'll use my right hand to dial and activate apps and whatnot, although, if I'm doing something else with my right hand, I have no problems using the phone exclusively left-handed. No idea why its easier for me, as a righty, to use my phone with my left hand, but there's probably some obscure scientific reason behind it.

Same way I do it. By the way, the obscure scientific reason in my case is that I'm 'right handed' but 'left dominant'. What that means is that I'm a lefty but my parents forced me to use my right hand for everything, and as a result, in addition to being ambidextrous, I can't throw a ball well!

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only person to never have carried my phone in my pocket? (OK, once) I just can't stand it there. I always use holster/leather pouch and clip it to my belt/pants. Or I just carry it in my hand.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only person to never have carried my phone in my pocket? (OK, once) I just can't stand it there. I always use holster/leather pouch and clip it to my belt/pants. Or I just carry it in my hand.

I used to do that with a sidekick, but I seem like the only person who carries it in my back pocket. I can't stand having my phone in the front pocket, that's where my wallet and keys go.

Posted via the Android Central App

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Lol.

I used to use holsters back when phones were bulkier, like my Motorola Startac* flipphone, and impractical for the pocket. But since phones became flat, relatively thin, slabs, it's been front pocket all the way.

* Gosh, I totally forgot about that Startac until just now. I'll have to add it to my list. :)

sparty37

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Front left pocket. I have rather normal jeans, not skinny jeans, and I admit to being cautious about how I bend over and sit down. Maybe this is because I had the Nexus 4 for three years and this phone is so much taller. Much easier when using looser dress/work pants.
Love this phone.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
in my front pocket, back pocket or suit jacket pocket. depending on what else i have on me and if I'm sitting down.

i have always had an aversion to belt holsters, they just look terrible and i really don't see the advantage to being in my pocket. I'm almost always wearing pants at work, so my pocket is just as easily accessible as a belt clip wold be.

i don't wear crazy skinny clothes, but pretty much everything i own is fitted and i haven't had an issue with any phone with a similar size to the 6p yet. the only time i have any kind of issue is in the back pocket of shorts, they aren't cut as deep as pants/jeans pockets so the phone sticks out more than i'm really comfortable with.

Only1Z

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I am righty and use the left front pocket because the wallet is in the right pocket. Also, I use my left hand to do the holding of the phone and 1 hand operation. I use the right hand on the screen for 2 hand operation. I think part of this is because of sports when I grew up. Even though I'm right handed, you use your baseball glove on your left hand. So it's used to catching and holding. And in basketball, you dribble and shoot with both hands at times. Again, it makes for a strong weak hand of that makes sense. And now having an office job, I type everyday and know how to type properly as I was taught correctly in high school. So having desk jobs for 15+ years has kept my weak hand strong as well.

Tadrift

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I am righty and use the left front pocket because the wallet is in the right pocket. Also, I use my left hand to do the holding of the phone and 1 hand operation. I use the right hand on the screen for 2 hand operation. I think part of this is because of sports when I grew up. Even though I'm right handed, you use your baseball glove on your left hand. So it's used to catching and holding. And in basketball, you dribble and shoot with both hands at times. Again, it makes for a strong weak hand of that makes sense. And now having an office job, I type everyday and know how to type properly as I was taught correctly in high school. So having desk jobs for 15+ years has kept my weak hand strong as well.

Please, give us more details. Do you bat right handed?

jfenix

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site

I'm glad being right handed and putting the phone in the left front pocket is common, I thought I was weird. I used to be a belt holster man, but my lovely wife hates them so I am not allowed to use them so...front left pocket. My Nexus 6P is currently under the Christmas tree, can't wait to open it :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non