Nexus 6P - Anyone experience this odd SMS and iPhone texting bug?

paa79594

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
It's happened on a few occasions where I am texting an iPhone user and I get only some of their message with an odd symbol, as seen in the attached image. Anyone else run into this? I am running latest software and using the stock SMS app. And no, I don't want to switch to Hangouts. Screen Shot 2016-01-13 at 12.35.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-01-13 at 12.35.54 PM.png

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone experience this odd SMS and iPhone texting bug?

I see you don't want to switch to Hangouts but have you tried another text message app? Like Textra. It may not ever solve the what's wrong with the stock messaging app but if the other app works, problem solved for now.

paa79594

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

While I did like Textra, I'm very stubborn and really only want to use stock apps, so yes, I will just have to hope it fixes itself. Still an odd bug. Mostly curious as what would cause it more than complaining about it.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

I assume by "stock apps" you mean Google Messenger. Sometime people have luck with clearing the cache on apps. Worth a try.

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

Yes! My sister in law sent me a message that had characters I'd never seen before. She took a screen shot if the original message and I saw it but have no clue why it came up as scrambled random letters and signs. I was using textra at the time.

Posted via the Android Central App

d4691

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

I've had some weird things happen with the stock messenger. I got the textra pro version or whatever it was for $2, whenever I use it as the default messaging app, I have no issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87