Switched to S7 edge and

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I am switching back. Anybody else in this boat? I just prefer the metal design and the stock experience more than the few things I liked better on the S7.

Edited to make my post not sound like a question.
Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

nrtv20

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I started with a S7 edge, I hated the edge glass. It was impossible to use one handed due to the fact the edge screen kept registering a touch. Also didn't feel premium to me, not a fan of the all glass enclosure. Oh did I mention it broke with a small drop? What a POS design, I know I'm the one that dropped it but accidents happen and it should be a little more user forgiving.

Now I'm on a Nexus 6p and love everything about it. Go back to the Nexus.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I was drawn by the reviews and all the love which appears to have shifted quickly to the next new manufacturers big device. I should have kept my 32gb 6p but at least I'm getting a new 64gb out of it.

I agree with the feel of it. My wife's Note 5 has way more premium feel to it. And the curved glass makes me interact with the phone with unattended actions that always interfere with what I'm trying to do. And to type I'm always missing the keys on the end. I'm afraid it will break by looking at it and I'm confident that N won't make its way onto this device for well over a year after its on the Nexus line.

Malek J

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I want to switch back. Anybody else in this boat? I just prefer the metal design and the stock experience more than the few things I liked better on the S7.

Just get the 6p if you think it's more suitable. Here's the thing, by posting the question here everyone is going to tell you to get the 6p. And if you post it in the s7 forum everyone will tell you to stick with the s7.

I'm just gonna assume that by you posting the question here you've already made up your mind you're just looking for that extra push haha

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Just get the 6p if you think it's more suitable. Here's the thing, by posting the question here everyone is going to tell you to get the 6p. And if you post it in the s7 forum everyone will tell you to stick with the s7.

I'm just gonna assume that by you posting the question here you've already made up your mind you're just looking for that extra push haha

I ordered the 6p before I posted. I wasn't asking for advice or a question. Just explaining part of the reasons why. I like Samsung but the treatment I got with my Note 5 from ATT and the extra space used by bloatware on the Edge from ATT and the fragility of the phone being glass front and back just were things I couldn't get over.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
The space used on stupid att bloat ware about made me crazy. If they have a unlocked Note 6 readily available I'd be tempted come August. But I'll likely go with the next Nexus device if they keep up with solid hardware and a equally awesome camera.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I've had an S7 Edge this week; thought it was the best thing sliced bread... And now back to my N6P!

Don't get me wrong; the S7 Edge is a stunning phone, super fast and lovely in the hand. But the Edge design just doesn't suit me and finding a screen protector that works with it is bloody hard work; nigh on impossible! Tried a few tempered glass protectors; they all cracked as soon as I refitted one of the Spigen or Otterbox cases I'd bought for it... The plastic screen protectors simply didn't stick down properly and lifted on the edges... Overall a useless waste of time and very disappointing!

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
To be honest your reasons were major reasons of mine as well. Also it just felt on the light side for me and I kept having issues typing due to the curved glass. I was also annoyed with the amount of glass exposed with the cases.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
To be honest your reasons were major reasons of mine as well. Also it just felt on the light side for me and I kept having issues typing due to the curved glass. I was also annoyed with the amount of glass exposed with the cases.

Yup

Even with the cases on, I'd have been paranoid about damaging it and then seeing, in person, that the screen protectors were just useless, it had to go!

TBH; back with an N6P, I'm loving it and just enrolled onto the Android N Beta trial; so updated it this morning and it's great!

Just bought a Nexus 5 as well for my business mobile, so I'm all Nexus'd out now :D ;) lol

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
One of my favorite features when I had a Nexus 5 was wireless charging. So I would be a bit of a hypocrite if, when the Nexus 6p came out, I started saying that wireless charging is no big deal. For me, it is. That's one of the big reasons that I currently have an S7 Edge rather than the Nexus 6p. Basically, I wanted a phone that has hardware that looks stunning , an AMOLED screen, a large screen, and wireless charging. I know of no other phone that meets those four basic requirements of mine like the S7 Edge. For me, stock Android was always overrated. TouchWiz allows me to have a dark theme, not blinding white everywhere. And I upgrade my phone every year anyway, so I'm always going to get the latest version of Android eventually.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress