Nougat final release includes manual camera controls

radioactive70

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
That's nice but there should be more control over the camera than just exposure or using a third party app.i just ordered a 6p the other day and went to a store to check out the cameras functionability as its one of the features I like use and found its lack of manual. adjustments underwhelming.

radioactive70

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
All my htc's from the m7 to the m9 had better options for manually controlling the camera.i guess though if your a point and shoot type person like most people are then it's a moot point.please don't say get a dslr then I have one but don't take everywhere I go and besides some of the cameras on the phones nowadays it's collecting dust.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
When it comes to camera apps, I am a pretty basic guy but I do like the manual exposure settings. That's about it though.

radioactive70

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Don't get me wrong I'm a point and shoot type of guy most the time and the exposure is great to have if only that but settings for iso and ae/af lock are nice to have also.i don't have the phone yet should be arriving either tommorow or the next day and I'll be giving the camera a workout.

Posted via the Android Central App

radioactive70

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Yeah that will be usefull. Do you have any idea of a good third party app to control the camera as I've never had to use one with any of my other phones.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I was using ab3rd party app before but I uninstalled it because unfortunately came with its gallery app,and I didn't like that at all.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
For me I'm one of those people that love using all of Google apps as much as I can. My thinking is that if you've got a Nexus phone which is a Google phone is just makes sense to use their apps which, for the most part ,are all good.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Confirmed. Manual camera controls are gone.

Someone else had mentioned that there will be an update to the Google camera app in the play store. I mean, I loved that setting. Along with HDR auto mode, it made pictures come out great.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Someone else had mentioned that there will be an update to the Google camera app in the play store. I mean, I loved that setting. Along with HDR auto mode, it made pictures come out great.

Sweet... It is getting better all the time and I don't have mine even here yet...

renegad3

May 16, 2013
Visit site
first off, it was a rumor that it will return. Google never said it would.

Secondly, if you read the article linked, it says MAY return 'reportedly'. The publication expected it to return, there was never any official word from Google.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez