Android N Easter egg

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm trying to figure out the new Easter egg in the final release of nougut. I activated the cat thing, put the plate in my settings, and I put some chicken on it. But now it just says chicken. How do you know when you catch a cat? does something happen? . Trying to figure everything out

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 21900.jpg
    21900.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 147

Graymonkey

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
At least you got the Easter egg. When I repeatedly tap the Android version I get the "N" but no cat face and nothing in the drop down menu. I didn't even care about this until I read something about it 10 minutes ago. :) Any other tricks to getting the Easter egg?

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
At least you got the Easter egg. When I repeatedly tap the Android version I get the "N" but no cat face and nothing in the drop down menu. I didn't even care about this until I read something about it 10 minutes ago. :) Any other tricks to getting the Easter egg?

You have to hold the N down. Then a cat emoji appears near the bottom of the screen. That enables the empty plate, which you then have to put into your quick settings. Click on the plate and add whatever you want (bits, treat, chicken, fish) and cats show up eventually.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
eb324626223d2e3fab8add6d928493d5.jpg

JCHAOS

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
You have to hold the N down. Then a cat emoji appears near the bottom of the screen. That enables the empty plate, which you then have to put into your quick settings. Click on the plate and add whatever you want (bits, treat, chicken, fish) and cats show up eventually.

OK. I get the cat emoji but how to put it in quick settings. I can't move it.

JCHAOS

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
ok, got the easter egg to show up in the drag to add tiles on the quick settings edit page, but don't know how. drug it up to the quick settings page, turned into plate when I tapped on it. tapped the plate and put some fish on it. now I wait I guess.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
OK. I get the cat emoji but how to put it in quick settings. I can't move it.
Once you see the cat emoji use two fingers to drag-down the Notification shade, which also exposes the Quick Settings. Select the 'Edit' button and at the very bottom you'll see a similar cat emoji which you need to drag up into a Quick Settings slot. When you do it turns into an empty plate and from there you can add food to the plate - and voila - cats start appearing!

Last edited:

JCHAOS

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
ok. got the kitty, #209. Fish was gone so I put some treats out. Do I open the message? Will another show up? Do I have to re-fill the plate for another to show up? I'm thinking yea.View attachment cat 209.pdf

Edit: ok. I tapped on the message and the kitty showed up on a grayed out screen, but couldn't tell where it was. backed out and message is gone. where the hell did kitty 209 go ????

renegad3

May 16, 2013
Visit site
the cats dont do anything special, the page that comes up is just a list of cats. you can name them, and share them to other people, but other than that, they dont do anything, you just collect them.

dullgeek

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I probably would have kept playing except that there's a max of 6 cats that I can collect. The only thing that makes that "game" interesting at all is the idea of being able to compare w/my fellow nexus owners how many cats they have. A max of 6... wait I wonder if the next nexus will be able to catch 7?

renegad3

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I probably would have kept playing except that there's a max of 6 cats that I can collect. The only thing that makes that "game" interesting at all is the idea of being able to compare w/my fellow nexus owners how many cats they have. A max of 6... wait I wonder if the next nexus will be able to catch 7?

I have over a hundred on my 6P, and a few dozen on my N6, I dont know if there is a limit whatsoever, and its certainly not 6.

On my 6P however, the easter egg app crashes a lot when scrolling through them all.