Unenrolling in Beta was a mess! Am I on the final build now?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I had preview 5 on my phone with I manually installed (via a cable and my computer). I decided I was done with beta versions so I went and unenrolled myself.

First, it said it was taking me to what looked like the final 7.0 build with a very small download and update (like 50mb). I agreed, it did the little download then told me it was going to restart my phone. It didn't. Instead, it popped up another update screen saying it was going to take me back to Marshmallow AND wipe my phone.

I went and re-enrolled in the beta and reboot my phone hoping the "update" to Marshmallow would disappear. It didn't. It was insisting I do it. So... I told it to download it and thought it was going to wipe my phone. Not happy. :( It downloaded the 700+ MB file and said it was ready to install. I clicked the button to do the install and reboot.

It didn't. It then popped up the same notification about 7.0 with the small download. I accepted that one. This time, it actually did reboot my phone. I had no idea what I was going to end up with.

Well, it did NOT wipe my phone and I now have build NRD90M of 7.0 with the AUG 5 security patch. I thought it said it was giving me the version with the AUG 8 patch. ???

Can someone help me by answering these three questions....

1 - Am I on the current and final build now?
2 - Is there a 700+ MB file of Marshmallow sitting on my phone somewhere? Can it be deleted?
3 - Do you think I will now get regular OTA's from now on after this mess?

Thanks guys!

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
You look to be on the final version. The 'R' after the N in the version stands for release. As for the patches, the August 5 patch is the latest from what I can tell.

You look to be all set. As far as a 700mb file, you can delete the cache partition and that should be that. Tons of instructions on how to do that with a 6P online. Just delete cache though.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
You look to be all set. As far as a 700mb file, you can delete the cache partition and that should be that. Tons of instructions on how to do that with a 6P online. Just delete cache though.

Thanks for the response!

Are you talking about the whole boot into recovery and delete cache or just doing it in the OS?

GPuba

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I had preview 5 on my phone with I manually installed (via a cable and my computer). I decided I was done with beta versions so I went and unenrolled myself.

First, it said it was taking me to what looked like the final 7.0 build with a very small download and update (like 50mb). I agreed, it did the little download then told me it was going to restart my phone. It didn't. Instead, it popped up another update screen saying it was going to take me back to Marshmallow AND wipe my phone.

I went and re-enrolled in the beta and reboot my phone hoping the "update" to Marshmallow would disappear. It didn't. It was insisting I do it. So... I told it to download it and thought it was going to wipe my phone. Not happy. :( It downloaded the 700+ MB file and said it was ready to install. I clicked the button to do the install and reboot.

It didn't. It then popped up the same notification about 7.0 with the small download. I accepted that one. This time, it actually did reboot my phone. I had no idea what I was going to end up with.

Well, it did NOT wipe my phone and I now have build NRD90M of 7.0 with the AUG 5 security patch. I thought it said it was giving me the version with the AUG 8 patch. ???

Can someone help me by answering these three questions....

1 - Am I on the current and final build now?
2 - Is there a 700+ MB file of Marshmallow sitting on my phone somewhere? Can it be deleted?
3 - Do you think I will now get regular OTA's from now on after this mess?

Thanks guys!

You have the final version.

Posted via the Android Central App

GPuba

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
You look to be on the final version. The 'R' after the N in the version stands for release. As for the patches, the August 5 patch is the latest from what I can tell.

Exactly.

Posted via the Android Central App