Just left BB with the 6p, questions please

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Do I just exchanged my honor 8 for the Nexus 6p. I needed my second phone to something larger than 5 inches. Anyone have any tips and advice about this phone by chance? I absolutely am digging the look and how well made it is. I'm just now setting it up. One other question I have is, did I make a mistake getting the 32g. I was able to get this one at 399. Any advice before I open it up would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all

DC

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Not intending to be rude but you asked this question in a forum filled with questions, answers and suggestions about this phone. Without specific questions from you, my best suggestion is to browse and search this sub forum and you may well find what you're looking for.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
General questions in regard to the phone of course. Just purchased it today so nothing in particular unless stated otherwise

Make sure you didn't get a bad one, I did at first a didn't realize it until months later when I got another one. My first one - ran hot as hell-signal was bad too. My new one has none of those problems.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm using 13.28 GBytes of data if that helps you. I have the 64G model but I've never needed anything like that amount of data. I have Offline Maps and Sygic Maps for New England downloaded. My photos all go to Google Photo and Dropbox and all of my music is streamed so I don't need much space for that. Your storage requirements maybe different than mine but in a world where you have good Internet connections most of the time you don't need a lot of storage. If you spend a lot of time without Internet access (plane flights to Asia for example) then you would probably want more storage.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm using 13.28 GBytes of data if that helps you. I have the 64G model but I've never needed anything like that amount of data. I have Offline Maps and Sygic Maps for New England downloaded. My photos all go to Google Photo and Dropbox and all of my music is streamed so I don't need much space for that. Your storage requirements maybe different than mine but in a world where you have good Internet connections most of the time you don't need a lot of storage. If you spend a lot of time without Internet access (plane flights to Asia for example) then you would probably want more storage.
Thanks for the insight. I don't download any movie or music really so it sounds like 32gs will be plenty. I'm digging this device. It's smooth interface and just such a powerhouse of a phone. I have one other phone and it 5 inches. I wanted one large screen phone in my rotation and this one stood out to me.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Make sure you didn't get a bad one, I did at first a didn't realize it until months later when I got another one. My first one - ran hot as hell-signal was bad too. My new one has none of those problems.
I can definitely tell you mine gets pretty hot especially while charging. Right now it's fine. Good to know. Thanks man

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Do I just exchanged my honor 8 for the Nexus 6p. I needed my second phone to something larger than 5 inches. Anyone have any tips and advice about this phone by chance? I absolutely am digging the look and how well made it is. I'm just now setting it up. One other question I have is, did I make a mistake getting the 32g. I was able to get this one at 399. Any advice before I open it up would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all

DC

Take it back and get either the 64 gig or the 128 gig if you can afford it. Great choice BTW...

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Take it back and get either the 64 gig or the 128 gig if you can afford it. Great choice BTW...
Thanks man. Id love to have the 64g but I wanted to stay at 400 or lower. Hopefully I want ever use my storage up. I'm not one to download anything. I'll stream movies and my pics goes to Google. Hoping I'll be okay. However 64g would have been my choice

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks man. Id love to have the 64g but I wanted to stay at 400 or lower. Hopefully I want ever use my storage up. I'm not one to download anything. I'll stream movies and my pics goes to Google. Hoping I'll be okay. However 64g would have been my choice

Also, you can always get a USB c flash drive. I got a nice one from Amazon for like $5 or something.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What is the build date on your device?
If you boot into the Bootloader, cycle through the options until you see Barcodes and you'll find it there.
Edit: to get into the Bootloader, power off then press-and-hold the Volume Down button and press the Power button until you see the Bootloader.

32GB should be adequate based on what you described.

Last edited:

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
What is the build date on your device?
If you boot into the Bootloader, cycle through the options until you see Barcodes and you'll find it there.
Edit: to get into the Bootloader, power off then press-and-hold the Volume Down button and press the Power button until you see the Bootloader.

32GB should be adequate based on what you described.
Thanks for saying that. I keep two to three phones so I figured the 32g would be good. Plus I got it for 399 so I couldn't have found it anywhere cheaper I don't believe. It's always nice to know you have the extra space.

Can you elaborate on the bootloader? So I can find out when my device was built? What else does it tell you. I know how to do all that with Apple since that's all I've ever used since blackberry addiction days. I don't want to mess anything up but now im curious.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I just sold my new 32gb 6p for $250. I knew after a few days use that 32gb would not be enough. I picked up a brand new 64gb at frys for 480. (Build date of 6/16) loving the phone so far.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
How do I check my build date again? You used the 32g that fast?

Just follow the instructions from GSDAN above.

In reality, you only get 25 or so GB free, after installing some apps, loading some of my pictures and about 2GB of music, I had 4GB free which is not enough for me. I like to take pics and vids of my kid, so I don't want to have to worry about deleting anything. I came from a 64GB note7, which also had a 200GB micro SD card, so i'm used to having a lot of storage.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Just follow the instructions from GSDAN above.

In reality, you only get 25 or so GB free, after installing some apps, loading some of my pictures and about 2GB of music, I had 4GB free which is not enough for me. I like to take pics and vids of my kid, so I don't want to have to worry about deleting anything. I came from a 64GB note7, which also had a 200GB micro SD card, so i'm used to having a lot of storage.
My Sony Xperia X is a 32 with a 64g SD card. All my iPhones were either 64 or 128. I never download hardly but I also never paid much attention to how many gigs I used back then either. I'll just have to keep an eye out now. I figured 32gs was plenty but in the back of my mind I kind of wondered. Now I'm undecided. Tough one. Thanks for the advice.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
My Sony Xperia X is a 32 with a 64g SD card. All my iPhones were either 64 or 128. I never download hardly but I also never paid much attention to how many gigs I used back then either. I'll just have to keep an eye out now. I figured 32gs was plenty but in the back of my mind I kind of wondered. Now I'm undecided. Tough one. Thanks for the advice.

Change it. It's a phone - something you use EVERY SINGLE day. Spend the $80 bucks and get another 32GB.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site

Bad thing about buying one from BB, is that the warranty won't be through Google, but Huawei. As stupid as that is.

psugrad97

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Can you please tell me where you purchased the 6p for 399?I am going to be purchasing this phone at the end of the month and am trying to find the best deal available. Thanks..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa