How can I get my music off my PC & onto to my 6p?

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I was hoping someone could help me put my music from my PC to my 6p. I put all my music on the windows media player. I thought my 6p would sync to the windows media player & that would do the trick but my 6p doesn't showed up as synced to the PC.. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
In case anyone ever has this issue, I downloaded the AirMore app on my 6p & then went to Airmore.com. Happy to say I now have my music on my 6p

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you had uploaded all of your music to your Google account it would be available via Google Play Music; same if you did that to an Amazon account (available via the Amazon Music app).

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Interesting, were you able to sync to MediaPlayer, via Airmore then?

I had no trouble sync'ing to MediaPlayer when I got my 6P, using USB (I have about 18GB of music, a lot to push anyway), but I've struggled to get a (Bluetooth mostly) app that does a sync to MP now, for updates (and photos and other files, ideally).

Maybe I'll try the AirMore app, heck, I've tried about 8-10 others, all with varying degrees of non-success, or maybe what might be called "slight but very hampered success".

GSDer, yeah, I don't want to dump all my music, it'd take a bit to upload, and I'd have to upgrade my Google account, at least as far as I know it's only 15GB free?
I already have another online backup service, and I sort of alternate between Google Drive and OneDrive for my photos (so shoot me, I'm an old Win Phone guy, still adapting), and similar. Trying to avoid paying for yet another "chunk" of cloud storage...

ernvonco

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone tried to use the Microsoft Groove music app to have offline music files available? Does anyone know the trick for the app to be able to discover the files in the "\root\Music" folder? Thanks

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
If you had uploaded all of your music to your Google account it would be available via Google Play Music; same if you did that to an Amazon account (available via the Amazon Music app).

Thanks GSDer, maybe that's another more convenient way to look into.

You know PGrey, everything was so easy. I literally downloaded the app, then went on to airmore.com. I think I might have taken the music that was on my media player then transferred it to airmore.com I want to say?

Last edited by a moderator:

junipertodd

May 7, 2010
Visit site
When you plug your 6P into your computer with the USB cable, you need to change the mode that the 6P is in. By default, it's in "charge this device".

Pull down the status display from the top of the phone, select your USB status and then you can choose "Transfer Files"

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks GSDer, maybe that's another more convenient way to look into.
That's the route I took. I have a pretty massive music library and I stuffed it all up into my Google Play Music account. Between the app and the web page, that makes those songs accessible pretty much everywhere I am able (or willing) to log into my google account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87