Got Oreo on Nexus 6P from Beta

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Don't want to start from scratch with wiping out everything and as a project-fi customer can't sideload 8 since its not recommended yet.
Understandable caution, but I don't think I'm gonna make it through the long weekend without either sideloading or flashing the available non-beta version of 8.0 to see for myself how it fares on a Project Fi phone. I don't need to rely on my 6P anyway, and I'm not very fond of it either. So big wup if it doesn't work 100%. And I can always flash the Fi-approved version whenever that actually gets rolled out.

If I run into dire consequences, I'll keep y'all posted.

EDIT 9/3/17-- No dire consequences. Everything seems to be working, even Band 12.

Last edited:

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Can't access the Android Beta Program page currently to get mine updated to Android O

Just turns up as a blank page; anyone any ideas what's going on?

Tried on Safari & Chrome on my iMac and Chrome on my S8 Plus...

Weird!

Blurr26

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, I've been patiently waiting for final Oreo update (currently on beta) along with updating from July security patch. FINALLY came through today with final finished Oreo build and (more importantly) September security update.

Nexus 6P, Sprint network, NY, USA

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
FWIW, I've been patiently waiting for final Oreo update (currently on beta) along with updating from July security patch. FINALLY came through today with final finished Oreo build and (more importantly) September security update.

Nexus 6P, Sprint network, NY, USA

I had the push as well today saying I had an update to final Oreo, and I swiped the notification away knowing I would do it later. Now it's nowhere to be found and when I manually try to update it says my system is up to date. I'm still on the beta and on July security update

Blurr26

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I had the push as well today saying I had an update to final Oreo, and I swiped the notification away knowing I would do it later. Now it's nowhere to be found and when I manually try to update it says my system is up to date. I'm still on the beta and on July security update
Hmmmm, not sure what's happening there. Maybe try powering off and turning back on the phone? I can't help but feel it's going to come through to you now sooner rather than later (I hope, fingers crossed).

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Hmmmm, not sure what's happening there. Maybe try powering off and turning back on the phone? I can't help but feel it's going to come through to you now sooner rather than later (I hope, fingers crossed).

I did try to do that, I restarted the phone and still nothing. Maybe it will come through tonight. Fingers crossed

wan2run

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Just got the prompt to install finally. 991.4MB update downloading now.

EDIT - installed version OPR6.170623.019 with September security patches, WOOT!

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Cool! I'm still waiting :(

I just got final build with 5 Sept security update. it's didn't happen when I checked manually but while out running errands. Just standing in line check phone there was the download update notification.... and no Wi-Fi available. Murphy's law.

Steve Daniel1

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Not sure why Google Project Fi users are last in line for Oreo. That was part of the deal when purchasing, so I thought....that we'd get updates first. That seems to have been flipped on its head.

Nexus 6P
Project Fi
Still Waiting

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I got my push (from the final Beta) on the RTM date, but wish I hadn't (see my other threads with battery woes since, I can't disable "Ok Google" and the Assistant is killing my battery).

That said, if you want to "accelerate" things, have you tried removing your SIM, and doing a reboot (possibly two, so it's been enabled fully w/o a carrier), and see if it pullls down the update that way?
I had to do this for one of the 7.x updates, 7.11 I think it was, once I removed my AT&T SIM, I got the update instantly, literally seconds after coming back up from restart...

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I got my push (from the final Beta) on the RTM date, but wish I hadn't (see my other threads with battery woes since, I can't disable "Ok Google" and the Assistant is killing my battery).

That said, if you want to "accelerate" things, have you tried removing your SIM, and doing a reboot (possibly two, so it's been enabled fully w/o a carrier), and see if it pullls down the update that way?
I had to do this for one of the 7.x updates, 7.11 I think it was, once I removed my AT&T SIM, I got the update instantly, literally seconds after coming back up from restart...
Good idea... I'm gonna try it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty