Anyone Else Have This ANNOYING Lag on the Nexus 6P with Android 8?

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I recently upgraded to the DP4 to wait for the OTA that never came. I noticed that there is a system wide lag and was hoping it was only for DP4.

I ended up flashing the stock image for the official release and cleared the cache. Still lags like hell. Am I the only one who has this?
It's enough that I might downgrade.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I ended up flashing the stock image for the official release and cleared the cache.
Did you flash an OTA image or the full image (equivalent to a Factory Reset)?

If the former I'd recommend a Factory Reset.
If the latter I don't have a comment; I haven't received the OTA yet.

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Did you flash an OTA image or the full image (equivalent to a Factory Reset)?

If the former I'd recommend a Factory Reset.
If the latter I don't have a comment; I haven't received the OTA yet.
Stock image from Google's website. Not OTA.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I sideloaded the OPR6.170623.013 OTA on my 6P Saturday to see if it would or would not work on Project Fi. The phone was also on DP4 when I sideloaded.

I see no lag, and as far as I can tell, everything is working, even Band 12.

What sort of lagging are you seeing?

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I sideloaded the OPR6.170623.013 OTA on my 6P Saturday to see if it would or would not work on Project Fi. The phone was also on DP4 when I sideloaded.

I see no lag, and as far as I can tell, everything is working, even Band 12.

What sort of lagging are you seeing?
A general lag with everything.
Opening apps, browsing, etc. Sometimes it's a freeze for a second or two.
It's very noticeable coming from Nougat.
I actually came across someone who has the exact same issue even after a factory reset.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
A general lag with everything.
Opening apps, browsing, etc. Sometimes it's a freeze for a second or two.
Just spitballing since the official version is working on mine: What about storage space on the phone? Is there much free space left? More than 10%?

More stuff on the phone is bound to make the phone work harder, and more apps (like 100+) just means a greater chance of having multiple apps on the phone that are out of sync with 8.0.

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Just spitballing since the official version is working on mine: What about storage space on the phone? Is there much free space left? More than 10%?

More stuff on the phone is bound to make the phone work harder, and more apps (like 100+) just means a greater chance of having multiple apps on the phone that are out of sync with 8.0.
I have about 5GB left in storage.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I have about 5GB left in storage.

5 of 32 is probably no big deal depending upon what's taking up the space; 5 of 64, though, could be a big deal.

But sometimes flashes and sideloads just don't "take" for who-knows-why. I'd try sideloading the OTA, first, after clearing cache 3X (because even clearing cache in TWRP doesn't always catch everything in one pass). If the lag is still there after that, then it's probably time for a factory reset.

NB: I'm just saying what I'd do. I'm no expert.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I recently upgraded to the DP4 to wait for the OTA that never came. I noticed that there is a system wide lag and was hoping it was only for DP4.

I ended up flashing the stock image for the official release and cleared the cache. Still lags like hell. Am I the only one who has this?
It's enough that I might downgrade.

I find my Nexus 6p to be laggy as well with the latest beta. I'm hoping when I get the final release it fixes that.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
just received OTA update to 8.0. after the update I cleared the system cache then restarted the phone. Right now the phone is flying and more responsive than before the update. Maybe time will tell, but right now it is good.

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I find my Nexus 6p to be laggy as well with the latest beta. I'm hoping when I get the final release it fixes that.
I'm on the official factory stock image and the lag has not improved at all.
It's getting bad to the point that I am thinking of going back to Nougat.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non