Just found the deal of the century on a brand new Nexus 6p 64g!!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So I was contacted today by an awesome guy through the market place where I have a phone for sale. Ironically he wasn't enquiring about my phone but I had responded to someone saying what price range I was in for a new phone with a larger screen. I gave him my cell and we talk. He at first offered me a Pixel XL for $400 which since my other phone hadn't sold I could not buy. He happened to have three Nexus 6p phones one being brand new in box with the plastic still on it. We got to talking and I told him I'd be interested in one of his Nexus 6p which I've owned before and it has always been my favorite Android phone since I switched from Apple a little over a year ago now. I missed the one I sold but it was 32g and I wanted the 64g anyway. So he says how about $150!!! I was floored! I could not believe the price he said. I of course said yes I'll take it. So I've got a brand new in box Nexus 6p 64g on the way for $150 dollars. I am super stoked because I typically keep two devices. One smaller and one larger. The 6p will now serve as my larger device to watch movies on, browse the internet and YouTube. Basically my media phone. I know there are many reports of the battery going bad so I hope that in this case since it's new that my battery will be okay for a while. I have always thought the Nexus 6p was one of the best Android devices ever made and I've gone through just about all of them over the year and half since I swapped over from Apple. Right now I'm using an Axon 7 mini as my daily driver which has a 5.2 inch screen. I just could not believe the price he offered it to me for. What do you guys think? Will I be okay with the battery since it's new? The performance I know will be great and interface smooth. Plus I used an honor 8 for a long time and Huawei Honor has been my favorite Android company. Anyways I'm excited to be getting a Nexus 6p again. Especially at the price point for a new 64g. What exactly is going on with the battery issues?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Will I be able to update to Oreo on this Nexus 6p I have coming? Like I said it's brand new with the plastic still on it so it's never even been turned on. I imagine I'm going to have to go through quite a lot of updates? I did not realize the 6p was updated to Oreo. How much longer will the 6p get updates? Through 2018? I've not done any research on it as I just got this insane deal today on the brand new 6p. Thanks for any help and information. I'm out of date on the 6p since I sold the one I had a year ago now. I'm super excited to be getting another. I'm a bit worried about this battery issue though.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
That's a great deal for a new 6P, even if it was just 32 GB. Hard to say if there will be any issues since many have had battery problems. Some are having batteries that degrade earlier than expected and others have the early shutdown issue. My 6P is over a year old and the battery is still near full capacity but I rarely fully charge and try to avoid going below 20%.

You should be able to update to Oreo since the update has officially rolled out to the 6P. Oreo will most likely be the end of the line for major updates. Google committed to supporting recent devices for 2 years of major updates and 3 years of monthly security updates. That would mean major update support will end this year and monthly security updates will be received until around September 2018.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
That's a great deal for a new 6P, even if it was just 32 GB. Hard to say if there will be any issues since many have had battery problems. Some are having batteries that degrade earlier than expected and others have the early shutdown issue. My 6P is over a year old and the battery is still near full capacity but I rarely fully charge and try to avoid going below 20%.
So I don't need to ever leave it on the charger overnight at full charge and try not to let get below 20 percent? What's going on with the battery in general? Are they just not taking a charge or are they draining too fast? Makes me worry about my new one I just bought.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
So I don't need to ever leave it on the charger overnight at full charge and try not to let get below 20 percent? What's going on with the battery in general? Are they just not taking a charge or are they draining too fast? Makes me worry about my new one I just bought.
Yeah, I wouldn't leave it charging overnight. It's a good idea to avoid deep discharging (80-20 or 30 is good) if you want to prolong the life of the battery. The most common battery issues seem to be degraded batteries that lose capacity too early (causes poor battery life) and early shutdown where the phone can randomly shut down early around 30% or even higher. I've seen several posts on XDA and reddit where they claim the battery issue was fixed by replacing the battery.

Last edited:

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I wouldn't leave it charging overnight. It's a good idea to avoid deep discharging (80-20 or 30 is good) if you want to prolong the life of the battery. The most common battery issues seem to be degraded batteries that lose capacity too early (causes poor battery life) and early shutdown where the phone can randomly shut down early around 30% or even higher. I've seen several posts on XDA and reddit where they claim the battery issue was fixed by replacing the battery.
Oh wow! So it'll just completely shut down at 30 percent. That's not good. The 6p I owned originally I never had any issues with. Do you think since this is brand new and has never even been turned on that I'll experience any battery issues? Man I hope not. I got such a deal of a lifetime on it being that it's brand new and is 64g. Now I'm bit worried about this battery issue. Sounds like a lot of people are having the issue and it's not isolated at all. I now wonder if I'm going to have those problems even though it's never even been turned on still brand new. Man I hope I got a good battery now. I did not realize there was that bad of a battery issue going on. I had heard about a few cases but it seems like it's a lot now. Would I be correct on that? What are the chances that mine will be bad right off the bat being that it's never even been turned on yet? I mean the plastic is still on the phone. Only the box has been opened. That's all.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Oh wow! So it'll just completely shut down at 30 percent. That's not good. The 6p I owned originally I never had any issues with. Do you think since this is brand new and has never even been turned on that I'll experience any battery issues? Man I hope not. I got such a deal of a lifetime on it being that it's brand new and is 64g. Now I'm bit worried about this battery issue. Sounds like a lot of people are having the issue and it's not isolated at all. I now wonder if I'm going to have those problems even though it's never even been turned on still brand new. Man I hope I got a good battery now. I did not realize there was that bad of a battery issue going on. I had heard about a few cases but it seems like it's a lot now. Would I be correct on that? What are the chances that mine will be bad right off the bat being that it's never even been turned on yet? I mean the plastic is still on the phone. Only the box has been opened. That's all.
It's definitely more widespread than a few isolated cases. I've seen XDA threads with many posts from 6P owners that experienced battery problems. There's also a class action lawsuit filed against Google and Huawei for those that had early shutdown or BLOD (boot loop of death). You could have no issues or might eventually encounter problems. It's kind of a crap shoot but might be worth the risk at $150. I've never had any issues with my 6P and still use it as a backup but I ended up buying the OnePlus 3T just in case.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
It's definitely more widespread than a few isolated cases. I've seen XDA threads with many posts from 6P owners that experienced battery problems. There's also a class action lawsuit filed against Google and Huawei for those that had early shutdown or BLOD (boot loop of death). You could have no issues or might eventually encounter problems. It's kind of a crap shoot but might be worth the risk at $150. I've never had any issues with my 6P and still use it as a backup but I ended up buying the OnePlus 3T just in case.
Man now I'm concerned about it. I got a deal of the century on it if indeed I have no issues. So is it just onset and all the sudden it's there or is it a gradual deal where you start to see it get worse and worse. Then you speak of the shut down. Does that mean the 6p is bricked all the sudden? Wow my good deal doesn't sound as good now does it? I thought for a brand new never even turned on Nexus 6p 64g for $150 was a deal of a lifetime. Now I begin to wonder if I made a mistake. What do you think?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Do you prefer the one plus to the 6p? I used Apple exclusively until the 6s came out used it for a a good while then made the huge for me switch over to Android. I can honestly say and I've been through a ton of Android phones over this year and a half that the Nexus 6p was so good that I still use it as my measuring stick when I get a new Android phone. That's just how good of a device the 6p is. It's by far the smoothest stock Android experience I've used to date and again I've tested out a lot of gear. Outside of the Nexus 6p my other favorite was the honor 8 which who produced the 6p? Huawei Honor. There is a reason the 6p runs so smoothly. Huawei makes an excellent product. Although I don't consider EMUI to be Android though but I've yet to use a stock Android device that has ran smoother than the Nexus 6p stock Android. I have to think it's because Huawei produced the product. Again I still use the 6p as my measuring stick to compare to every Android device I get. That is saying something about the 6p for sure. I definitely am now concerned about this widespread battery issue though. I had no idea it had gotten so bad. Hopefully mine will not have any issues since it's never been turned on. Plus I got such a good deal on it that I'm still in shock over. I use a 5 to 5.2 inch screen device as my daily driver so my 6p will be my second device for media and movies and stuff. I'll no doubt switch over to it as my daily driver for a while to test it out now and try and use it daily for at least a month before I go back to my preferred one handed device.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Man now I'm concerned about it. I got a deal of the century on it if indeed I have no issues. So is it just onset and all the sudden it's there or is it a gradual deal where you start to see it get worse and worse. Then you speak of the shut down. Does that mean the 6p is bricked all the sudden? Wow my good deal doesn't sound as good now does it? I thought for a brand new never even turned on Nexus 6p 64g for $150 was a deal of a lifetime. Now I begin to wonder if I made a mistake. What do you think?
From the threads I've read it seems like signs of battery degrading can appear then the early shutdown may start around 30% or lower and get worse. Seen some cases with early shutdown at 70℅. With the bootloop issue the phone just goes into random bootloop and is unusable. Some 6Ps were fixed but only by forcing it to only use 4 cores. Not really a long term solution but good enough to use the phone to recover data. It's a tough decision but at $150 I could see keeping it if I just wanted an extra phone that I didn't need to be reliable.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
From the threads I've read it seems like signs of battery degrading can appear then the early shutdown may start around 30% or lower and get worse. Seen some cases with early shutdown at 70℅. With the bootloop issue the phone just goes into random bootloop and is unusable. Some 6Ps were fixed but only by forcing it to only use 4 cores. Not really a long term solution but good enough to use the phone to recover data. It's a tough decision but at $150 I could see keeping it if I just wanted an extra phone that I didn't need to be reliable.
No it's definitely not going to be my daily driver but it will be for a few weeks as I'll be excited to get it. I like having one smaller screen device and one larger screen device for media movies. It's why I got rid of my tablet as I have been on the hunt for something around 5.5 inches but never in a million years did I think I'd come across a deal like this. I think I could turn around and sell it and profit a few hundred bucks but I'm definitely not. The Nexus 6p has always been my favorite Android device but it's definitely too large for me personally to use as my daily phone on a long term basis. However for the next few weeks it will be my daily phone simply because I'll be excited to get it again. The shut down deal scares me though because the phone would be worthless then. What about Google giving out warranties on the 6p. Are they still doing that? Does the 6p run Oreo already? I'll mainly long term use the 6p for internet browsing, YouTube and movies since I got rid of my tablet. The 5.7 inch screen is great fro movies and having the high resolution is a plus too. I read that Google was replacing the 6p for Pixels but then again I always thought the Pixel was nothing more than a tweaked version of the 6p anyway but Google put their name on it and charged double what the 6p cost. That's why I've never even thought about getting a pixel plus I think they are ugly phones too. I'm sure they are good but I just loved my 6p when I owned one for a while. I sure hope I don't run into any issues now. I'm still pumped about the deal I got. It's by far the best deal I've ever gotten on a phone. I also still plan on getting an iPhone X to be my daily phone when it's released but the 6p will definitely get used pretty often too. I tend to rotate them out all the time even though I just have one line. I thought about getting a second line now but I'm going to hold that thought until I'm sure I won't have any issues with my new 6p now. How's the one plus 3t? That's one brand I've never tried out yet but I've heard great things about them. They seem to be getting more and more expensive though each year. I used to by flagship phones but I've gotten where I stay with the top of the line mid range devices that still offer flagship specs at a much better price. I just recently sold my S8 which I just never really liked that much other than the screen resolution.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
No it's definitely not going to be my daily driver but it will be for a few weeks as I'll be excited to get it. I like having one smaller screen device and one larger screen device for media movies. It's why I got rid of my tablet as I have been on the hunt for something around 5.5 inches but never in a million years did I think I'd come across a deal like this. I think I could turn around and sell it and profit a few hundred bucks but I'm definitely not. The Nexus 6p has always been my favorite Android device but it's definitely too large for me personally to use as my daily phone on a long term basis. However for the next few weeks it will be my daily phone simply because I'll be excited to get it again. The shut down deal scares me though because the phone would be worthless then. What about Google giving out warranties on the 6p. Are they still doing that? Does the 6p run Oreo already? I'll mainly long term use the 6p for internet browsing, YouTube and movies since I got rid of my tablet. The 5.7 inch screen is great fro movies and having the high resolution is a plus too. I read that Google was replacing the 6p for Pixels but then again I always thought the Pixel was nothing more than a tweaked version of the 6p anyway but Google put their name on it and charged double what the 6p cost. That's why I've never even thought about getting a pixel plus I think they are ugly phones too. I'm sure they are good but I just loved my 6p when I owned one for a while. I sure hope I don't run into any issues now. I'm still pumped about the deal I got. It's by far the best deal I've ever gotten on a phone. I also still plan on getting an iPhone X to be my daily phone when it's released but the 6p will definitely get used pretty often too. I tend to rotate them out all the time even though I just have one line. I thought about getting a second line now but I'm going to hold that thought until I'm sure I won't have any issues with my new 6p now. How's the one plus 3t? That's one brand I've never tried out yet but I've heard great things about them. They seem to be getting more and more expensive though each year. I used to by flagship phones but I've gotten where I stay with the top of the line mid range devices that still offer flagship specs at a much better price. I just recently sold my S8 which I just never really liked that much other than the screen resolution.
Yeah, it looks like Google is still replacing the 6P with Pixel XL as long as it was purchased through Google. I wasn't all that excited about the Pixels either. The design is definitely underwhelming but I'd probably accept the XL as a 6P replacement due to better overall performance, build quality, less potential issues and 1 more year of major updates and security patches.

The 6P can now be updated to Oreo since the official roll out started last month. That should be the last major update for the 6P since Google committed to 2 years of major updates and 3 years of monthly security updates. That would put the last security update around September 2018.

The 3T has been great. The camera is a step or two below the best and the display is 1080p but the phone is blazing fast with fastest fingerprint sensor I've used. The build quality is impressive, battery life has been excellent and there's plenty of developer support. OnePlus is headed in the right direction, especially after dropping the annoying invite system, but they really need to improve their customer service and start supporting their devices for at least 2 years.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, it looks like Google is still replacing the 6P with Pixel XL as long as it was purchased through Google. I wasn't all that excited about the Pixels either. The design is definitely underwhelming but I'd probably accept the XL as a 6P replacement due to better overall performance, build quality, less potential issues and 1 more year of major updates and security patches.

The 6P can now be updated to Oreo since the official roll out started last month. That should be the last major update for the 6P since Google committed to 2 years of major updates and 3 years of monthly security updates. That would put the last security update around September 2018.

The 3T has been great. The camera is a step or two below the best and the display is 1080p but the phone is blazing fast with fastest fingerprint sensor I've used. The build quality is impressive, battery life has been excellent and there's plenty of developer support. OnePlus is headed in the right direction, especially after dropping the annoying invite system, but they really need to improve their customer service and start supporting their devices for at least 2 years.
Are they not supporting the customers that good? I've thought about getting one a few times but I've read good and average reviews like the phone is good but lacking in some areas. I know or I've read where their performance is unbelievable. Seems like I keep seeing their pricing slightly going up too with each model they release and they also release new models rather quickly too. Is that why they don't support each model with updates very long? I did read that the 3t was a good one though. That was the one I thought about getting but I couldn't find it on Amazon in the US version. Is One Plus the only place you can buy it? How much is the 3t going for now? Is the screen AMOLED ? How is the resolution on it compared to the 6p. I remember when I had my 6p about a year ago now that the resolution was awesome. I also remember that for some reason stock Android ran much much more smooth than on other Android devices. The only thing I can conclude this to is because Huawei produced the 6p and I know for a fact EMUI is butter smooth compared to stock Android. In fact being a apple guy for so long that stock Android to me is somewhat choppy and sticky compared to IOS which EMUI I think is a hybrid type interface that takes both IOS and Android and combines them to give you a totally unique experience. EMUI to me is nothing remotely like stock Android is. Is the 3t as smooth as the 6p interface wise? One Plus is definitely on my want list to try out but I just keep reading that their phones lack in some areas along with their price increases. For the money I thought the 6p by far was the best stock Android experience I've used to date. One of the worst Android experience I've had and I keep trying them is Samsung. I just sold my S8 because I just do not like their skins. The resolution is unbelievable though. So is the 6p too. I'm excited to get the 6p. I think the one I'm getting is the white version but it doesn't matter because I just ordered two skins for it. One from Dbrand and another from Mighty Skins. Both in Red but the one from Dbrand I mixed some Blue in it. The camera is Blue and the Nexus is Blue. I'm a huge Cap America fan so I was after that theme. I actually like the mighty skin better because I like the shade of red they have better than Dbrand. I rarely use a case so I needed some added protection too plus it gives it a better grip. The good thing is that they remove with no residue so I can change them out every once in a while. I actually still have a few cases left for the 6p from back when I originally owned it. I ordered a skinomi liquid skin screen protector also as I have always liked using skinomi for some reason over tempered glass. I'm not sure though if I get the same shatter proof protection from skiniomi but I like to wet install my protectors so I can get the fit perfect. Plus skinomi covers the entire screen with no gaps on the edges too. I like that about their protectors. I'm hoping all of it arrives by Thursday if my shipping times are correct. I'll be ready to go once the 6p arrives. I imagine it'll take quite a while to set up since it's never been turned on before so I'll have quite a few updates to run through initially. Another company I like is Motorola. To me they make a good Android experience. Plus I'm a fan of the Moto mods. I've owned all the Z line phones and out of all of them I liked the Z Play The best. Hands down the best battery life on any phone I've ever used. I could go four days without charging it if I had the battery mod on the Z Play. Even though it only has a 625 processor Motorola hardly has a skin and the Z Play is so efficient that it to me runs almost as fast as other androids with a 820 in it. That's another one I plan to pick up again pretty soon. I still have a few Moto mods left so I want another one. For now though I'm going to enjoy this 6p and the deal of the century I got on it. I'm still pumped about that. I was not expecting that today. I was literally about to hit the buy now button on an honor 8 on swappa when that awesome guy called me. Perfect timing. I'll post some pics up of my 6p when I get the skin installed on it. It looks killer in red.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Do you prefer the one plus to the 6p? I used Apple exclusively until the 6s came out used it for a a good while then made the huge for me switch over to Android. I can honestly say and I've been through a ton of Android phones over this year and a half that the Nexus 6p was so good that I still use it as my measuring stick when I get a new Android phone. That's just how good of a device the 6p is. It's by far the smoothest stock Android experience I've used to date and again I've tested out a lot of gear. Outside of the Nexus 6p my other favorite was the honor 8 which who produced the 6p? Huawei Honor. There is a reason the 6p runs so smoothly. Huawei makes an excellent product. Although I don't consider EMUI to be Android though but I've yet to use a stock Android device that has ran smoother than the Nexus 6p stock Android. I have to think it's because Huawei produced the product. Again I still use the 6p as my measuring stick to compare to every Android device I get. That is saying something about the 6p for sure. I definitely am now concerned about this widespread battery issue though. I had no idea it had gotten so bad. Hopefully mine will not have any issues since it's never been turned on. Plus I got such a good deal on it that I'm still in shock over. I use a 5 to 5.2 inch screen device as my daily driver so my 6p will be my second device for media and movies and stuff. I'll no doubt switch over to it as my daily driver for a while to test it out now and try and use it daily for at least a month before I go back to my preferred one handed device.
I was switching between the 6P and 3T for about 2 months. The 6P is one of my favorite phones but I now prefer the overall experience with the 3T after using it as my daily driver over the last month. It's the fastest phone I've used. Didn't think the 6 GB RAM was a big deal but multitasking is really smooth. I've also noticed much better battery life with the 3T. Dash charging is also much faster. OnePlus' Oxygen OS isn't that far off from stock and it's just as smooth.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Are they not supporting the customers that good? I've thought about getting one a few times but I've read good and average reviews like the phone is good but lacking in some areas. I know or I've read where their performance is unbelievable. Seems like I keep seeing their pricing slightly going up too with each model they release and they also release new models rather quickly too. Is that why they don't support each model with updates very long? I did read that the 3t was a good one though. That was the one I thought about getting but I couldn't find it on Amazon in the US version. Is One Plus the only place you can buy it? How much is the 3t going for now? Is the screen AMOLED ? How is the resolution on it compared to the 6p. I remember when I had my 6p about a year ago now that the resolution was awesome. I also remember that for some reason stock Android ran much much more smooth than on other Android devices. The only thing I can conclude this to is because Huawei produced the 6p and I know for a fact EMUI is butter smooth compared to stock Android. In fact being a apple guy for so long that stock Android to me is somewhat choppy and sticky compared to IOS which EMUI I think is a hybrid type interface that takes both IOS and Android and combines them to give you a totally unique experience. EMUI to me is nothing remotely like stock Android is. Is the 3t as smooth as the 6p interface wise? One Plus is definitely on my want list to try out but I just keep reading that their phones lack in some areas along with their price increases. For the money I thought the 6p by far was the best stock Android experience I've used to date. One of the worst Android experience I've had and I keep trying them is Samsung. I just sold my S8 because I just do not like their skins. The resolution is unbelievable though. So is the 6p too. I'm excited to get the 6p. I think the one I'm getting is the white version but it doesn't matter because I just ordered two skins for it. One from Dbrand and another from Mighty Skins. Both in Red but the one from Dbrand I mixed some Blue in it. The camera is Blue and the Nexus is Blue. I'm a huge Cap America fan so I was after that theme. I actually like the mighty skin better because I like the shade of red they have better than Dbrand. I rarely use a case so I needed some added protection too plus it gives it a better grip. The good thing is that they remove with no residue so I can change them out every once in a while. I actually still have a few cases left for the 6p from back when I originally owned it. I ordered a skinomi liquid skin screen protector also as I have always liked using skinomi for some reason over tempered glass. I'm not sure though if I get the same shatter proof protection from skiniomi but I like to wet install my protectors so I can get the fit perfect. Plus skinomi covers the entire screen with no gaps on the edges too. I like that about their protectors. I'm hoping all of it arrives by Thursday if my shipping times are correct. I'll be ready to go once the 6p arrives. I imagine it'll take quite a while to set up since it's never been turned on before so I'll have quite a few updates to run through initially. Another company I like is Motorola. To me they make a good Android experience. Plus I'm a fan of the Moto mods. I've owned all the Z line phones and out of all of them I liked the Z Play The best. Hands down the best battery life on any phone I've ever used. I could go four days without charging it if I had the battery mod on the Z Play. Even though it only has a 625 processor Motorola hardly has a skin and the Z Play is so efficient that it to me runs almost as fast as other androids with a 820 in it. That's another one I plan to pick up again pretty soon. I still have a few Moto mods left so I want another one. For now though I'm going to enjoy this 6p and the deal of the century I got on it. I'm still pumped about that. I was not expecting that today. I was literally about to hit the buy now button on an honor 8 on swappa when that awesome guy called me. Perfect timing. I'll post some pics up of my 6p when I get the skin installed on it. It looks killer in red.
OnePlus customer service is kind of like Huawei's. Not the worst but definitely not great. Some of their most recent phones (OP5) have a known jelly scrolling isdue due to screens being installed upside down. OnePlus only said it was normal and failed to provide warranty service. They've also had issues providing major updates for some of their phones. Maybe it will change with the 3T and 5. They recently said they would commit to Oreo for the 3T followed by stability updates and security patches.

The 3T was initially available just through OnePlus. Later I saw it on OppoMart and Amazon. Ended up buying my 3T on Amazon for $430 when they were available after production ended and OnePlus stopped selling the 3T on their site.

The 3T does have Amoled display but it's just 1080p which is fine for regular use but not good for VR. The 6P display is generally better, although the 3T does get quite a bit brighter.

I think Oxygen OS on the 3T is smoother than the 6P on stock Android. Probably a combination of the SD 821, 6 GB RAM, lower resolution display and software optimization from OnePlus.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
OnePlus customer service is kind of like Huawei's. Not the worst but definitely not great. Some of their most recent phones (OP5) have a known jelly scrolling isdue due to screens being installed upside down. OnePlus only said it was normal and failed to provide warranty service. They've also had issues providing major updates for some of their phones. Maybe it will change with the 3T and 5. They recently said they would commit to Oreo for the 3T followed by stability updates and security patches.

The 3T was initially available just through OnePlus. Later I saw it on OppoMart and Amazon. Ended up buying my 3T on Amazon for $430 when they were available after production ended and OnePlus stopped selling the 3T on their site.

The 3T does have Amoled display but it's just 1080p which is fine for regular use but not good for VR. The 6P display is generally better, although the 3T does get quite a bit brighter.

I think Oxygen OS on the 3T is smoother than the 6P on stock Android. Probably a combination of the SD 821, 6 GB RAM, lower resolution display and software optimization from OnePlus.
Dang man 6g of ram? I thought it was 4. Wow!!! Now you have me wanting one. It's on my list now. What's the screen size? 5.5 inches? I bet that phone is blazing fast!

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Dang man 6g of ram? I thought it was 4. Wow!!! Now you have me wanting one. It's on my list now. What's the screen size? 5.5 inches? I bet that phone is blazing fast!
The 3T is blazing fast. Still impressed with the overall package, especially at well below standard flagship pricing. Screen is 5.5" Amoled from Samsung. Feels quite a bit smaller than the 6P even though screen is only .2" smaller. The 3T also feels very nice without a case. The 6P has edges that are kind of sharp but the 3T is more curved with smooth edges.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
The 3T is blazing fast. Still impressed with the overall package, especially at well below standard flagship pricing. Screen is 5.5" Amoled from Samsung. Feels quite a bit smaller than the 6P even though screen is only .2" smaller. The 3T also feels very nice without a case. The 6P has edges that are kind of sharp but the 3T is more curved with smooth edges.
How much is the 3t going for right now? If that screen is from Samsung I bet it looks like a 2k hd resolution. What processor is it using? 835 Snapdragon? You know I always thought the 6p had a 820 until a few months ago and found out it only had a 810 which always has gotten a bad wrap. Why is the 6p so much better with the 810 than other phones that use that 810 processor. The 6p performs like it has at least a 820 in it. Why is that. The 810 seems so much more efficient in the 6p and I don't really remember it getting very hot either like other phones with the 810. Any ideas why?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
How much is the 3t going for right now? If that screen is from Samsung I bet it looks like a 2k hd resolution. What processor is it using? 835 Snapdragon? You know I always thought the 6p had a 820 until a few months ago and found out it only had a 810 which always has gotten a bad wrap. Why is the 6p so much better with the 810 than other phones that use that 810 processor. The 6p performs like it has at least a 820 in it. Why is that. The 810 seems so much more efficient in the 6p and I don't really remember it getting very hot either like other phones with the 810. Any ideas why?
I recently saw the 64 GB 3T sold directly by Amazon for $440. Oppo Mart has same price for new and $414 for open box 64 GB. Used 64 GB usually goes for $350-400 on swappa.

The 3T has the SD 821 which is a slight bump in performance over the 820 and significant improvement over the 810 which has had issues. 3T outperforms the Pixel XL which also has 821 but is underclocked, has higher resolution screen and doesn't use faster F2FS file system used by the 3T.

6P does perform quite well for SD 810. Probably performs better than many phones with 810 due to software and some of those phones being underclocked for better battery life and less heat issues.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I recently saw the 64 GB 3T sold directly by Amazon for $440. Oppo Mart has same price for new and $414 for open box 64 GB. Used 64 GB usually goes for $350-400 on swappa.

The 3T has the SD 821 which is a slight bump in performance over the 820 and significant improvement over the 810 which has had issues. 3T outperforms the Pixel XL which also has 821 but is underclocked, has higher resolution screen and doesn't use faster F2FS file system used by the 3T.

6P does perform quite well for SD 810. Probably performs better than many phones with 810 due to software and some of those phones being underclocked for better battery life and less heat issues.
What exactly enables the 6p to out perform other devices that run the 810? I remember the 6p being so smooth with zero lag and pretty much performing much like a 820 easily. I also remember that it did not have any over heating issues either. Could it be due to Huawei producing the phone or is there a specific internal software change to the 6p that enables it to out perform other devices with the 810. For a long while I actually thought the 6p ran a 820 up until about 5 months ago and I was quite shocked to find that out. My new 6p is set to arrive tomorrow and I have two skins and a skinomi screen protector on the way as well for it. I always liked the Skinomi liquid glass screen protectors as I typically use them on all of my devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87