Went to bed with 79 percent charge and woke with 1 percent charge. Please advise

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So I went to bed last night with a 79 percent battery charge only to wake this morning being on 1 percent left. Does this mean I now have the talked about battery issues? What could have been running in my background to drain my battery down that far? Anyone have any advice or ideas of what I have going on?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
It said YouTube took 77 percent of my total battery usage. How could YouTube have kept running in the background like that? No other app was like that at all. YouTube said 77 percent since last full charge. How to I make sure YouTube is not running in the background like that?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Where do I find that at to do that? Does it sound like YouTube drained my battery last night? 77 percent usage. How do I kill all my apps exactly?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Do I kill the running apps by getting rid of them on the right side in multi tasking windows? I want to be sure this doesn't happen again and that I'm doing it correctly. Thanks for the help.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I cleared out my task windows and it's kept a charge all day so I think I'm in the clear now. It scared my at first bc the first thing I thought of was that I had a 6p with a bad battery. When I checked to see what had consumed my battery it said YouTube consumed 77 percent overnight. Somehow it kept running in the background instead and of dozing like it was supposed to do.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Mines been doing very similar; leaving it on my desk with 95% charge and then getting to it in the morning either completely off or with around 30% charge, and then it'd knock off, completely dead!

Completely reset the phone, ran it with native OEM apps only, did exactly the same, ran it in safe mode as per online Google instructions, exactly the same

Spoke to Google last week and they're sending me a like for like replacement which should arrive tomorrow, according to tracking...

First thing I'll be doing is checking battery health with Acubattery and then running the same tests...

Great phone, terrible battery issues unfortunately :(

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Mines been doing very similar; leaving it on my desk with 95% charge and then getting to it in the morning either completely off or with around 30% charge, and then it'd knock off, completely dead!

Completely reset the phone, ran it with native OEM apps only, did exactly the same, ran it in safe mode as per online Google instructions, exactly the same

Spoke to Google last week and they're sending me a like for like replacement which should arrive tomorrow, according to tracking...

First thing I'll be doing is checking battery health with Acubattery and then running the same tests...

Great phone, terrible battery issues unfortunately :(
Man I hate to hear that. Are they sending you a brand new model or a refurbished model? I hope brand new since that's what you purchased originally. Keep this thread updated on what goes on with your issue or if the new one gives you the same trouble. I did notice today that YouTube was consuming most of my battery life but then again I've been on YouTube most of the day watching reviews and stuff. I guess that's to be expected compared to when I was asleep the other night and it consumed 77 percent and just kept running in the background like I was on it non stop.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Man I hate to hear that. Are they sending you a brand new model or a refurbished model? I hope brand new since that's what you purchased originally. Keep this thread updated on what goes on with your issue or if the new one gives you the same trouble. I did notice today that YouTube was consuming most of my battery life but then again I've been on YouTube most of the day watching reviews and stuff. I guess that's to be expected compared to when I was asleep the other night and it consumed 77 percent and just kept running in the background like I was on it non stop.

They're sending a refurbed handset; not overly impressed, but will see what it's like when I receive it (sometime today or tomorrow according to tracking)

I'll update thereon

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
They're sending a refurbed handset; not overly impressed, but will see what it's like when I receive it (sometime today or tomorrow according to tracking)

I'll update thereon
I also assume they replaced it with another 6p? I thought they had run out of 6p models and were sending out pixel XLs?

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I also assume they replaced it with another 6p? I thought they had run out of 6p models and were sending out pixel XLs?

That might be the case in the States; but over here in the UK, the tracking shows they sent me an 'as new, fully refurbished N6P'

Will see what lands later today!

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Just to update

N6P received from Google today; looks to be brand spanking new with not a mark anywhere and fully sealed box/accessories etc!

Just charging it now; wouldn't turn on initially but has been on charge for 15mins now and battery's at 20% after just turning it on

Oreo downloaded, will go through that update and test with Accubattery

Have been told that here in the UK; they have sufficient reserves of N6P's to replace like for like; they won't consider the Pixel XL until they're out of stock... Sods law haha

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Just to update

N6P received from Google today; looks to be brand spanking new with not a mark anywhere and fully sealed box/accessories etc!

Just charging it now; wouldn't turn on initially but has been on charge for 15mins now and battery's at 20% after just turning it on

Oreo downloaded, will go through that update and test with Accubattery

Have been told that here in the UK; they have sufficient reserves of N6P's to replace like for like; they won't consider the Pixel XL until they're out of stock... Sods law haha
If you got the original box it came in with the contents then it sounds like you basically got a brand new 6p. Mine was lik they. New in original box never even been turned on before. Still had the plastic sleeve on it. Which I got for $150!

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Yup; exactly what I've got I'd say :)

Been using it all day, it's just dropped to 68% as I've been faffing with a few apps etc; holding charge so much better than the one I originally had (being sent back tomorrow via UPS to their Germany address of all places)!

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Another update; went to bed with the battery at 68%; just got back to it now and it's sat at 65%!

Wow... That'll do me :D

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Another update; went to bed with the battery at 68%; just got back to it now and it's sat at 65%!

Wow... That'll do me :D
Congrats on your now new it sounds like fully functioning Nexus 6p! I know I love mine although I didn't have my choice on the color I would have chosen had I had a choice which would have been the silver model. His only new 6p he had that had never been opened was a frost white 64g which I'm definitely not complaining since I got it for only $150! In a few days the color won't matter as I have several skins on order for my new 6p now with one that should have already arrived but delayed due the the post office of course like always. They seem to be late on about 50 percent of the orders I have with them. Very unreliable to say the least.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

Been using it all day, it's just dropped to 68% as I've been faffing with a few apps etc; holding charge so much better than the one I originally had (being sent back tomorrow via UPS to their Germany address of all places)!
Are you located in the US? I read that the US were basically out of 6p replacements and have been replacing the 6p with a pixel XL which for me if I ran into battery issues I would not want ugly pixel to replace the awesome design of the nexus 6p has. It's highly unique and it's design is one of the best looking phones I've ever seen. I thank Huawei for that as they have become my favorite Android company although their EMUI software is nothing remotely like Android at all. Huawei Honor is full of innovation and you see that by just the design of the 6p. If I were to get a pixel it would be a their 5 inch model as I think a 5 year inch phone is the perfect size for a daily driver. So if I had to replace my 6p and they offered me a pixel I'd do my best to have them send me out the 5 inch model. Their XL really isn't even a XL. I consider the 6p at 5.7 inches to be a true XL phone. 5.5 inches is about the average size of most all android phones so how they think 5.5 is an XL is beyond me.

Seryozha

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site

Damn. My battery life has gone to **** since downloading oreo. I cant get more than ~ 1.5hr of screen time.