Why did the newest oreo update not work on my phone?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So I have I think a Nokia 5. Sorry for the vagueity I just don't know where the box is, it wasn't my first choice, and I can't check on the phone itself as you'll see why.

My phone told me it needed to update so I thought I'd get it over with. However it just sat on the "Nokia" screen for ages, gave no indication that it was actually doing anything and just heated up and heated up so I gave in and turned it off.

It gave an error screen the first time I tried to turn it back on and then the second did turn on okay. However it is barely functional, of the three buttons at the bottom only the back one works, I lost all of my messages, contacts, app data.

I have no idea what to do except, for the meantime, make do as best I can.

But I need to do something because I can't access the settings, change the brightness, even turn my mobile data on and off. I'm lost to say the least.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Call the same number that told you to update it, tell them that now you've updated it, and it's not working, and ask what they would like you to do next. (It's now become a liability issue - their update broke your phone. If they can't find a way to fix it they'll have to replace it or pay you for it.)