My Nokia XR20

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I love it. The only thing that's haunting me is that I'll need a new battery relatively soon. And I'll have to delete all my data then. But this is the phone that grows with me. It's intending to last 4 years or longer. The case and glass are "rugged" and it gets 3 years of OS updates, and 4 years of monthly security updates.

My previous phone was the Nokia 6.1 which my carrier killed for being 3G. Actually they sent me a very budget replacement Nokia for free, I just had to pay $10.00 for activation I guess. So, I was using that and and always annoyed by it's slow processor, until I decided to get the xr20. Everything about this phone says reliability. So, it's not a pretty phone, like the 6.1, it's just steadfast and loyal. It's not got top specs but seems to have what it needs.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Great! Congrats on your buying. What can you say about battery life? It’s good enough to face an entire heavy working day, or it needs a recharge every now and then? And the camera, what can you say about? I’m very interested in Nokia devices, for the sake of the good old times…

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Great! Congrats on your buying. What can you say about battery life? It’s good enough to face an entire heavy working day, or it needs a recharge every now and then? And the camera, what can you say about? I’m very interested in Nokia devices, for the sake of the good old times…

Hi, the battery life, imo, is not as good as other phones are, starting from the gate. I have gotten 6 hours of sot on every phone I've had, but with the xr20 I only get that by being very economical with how much I use the phone. The phone supports wireless charging which will be good when I get a wireless charger, and that will add value to it's use. Less wear and tear on the USB C port. In the meantime I am keeping the phone plugged in except when I go out. Other people have said that their editions have really good battery life, so I'm not sure why mine isn't. It's not bad, just not as good as I hoped it would be.

Pre ownership of my Nokia 6.1 I I used to do all kinds of things to help the charge last longer with mixed results but with the 6.1 I began taking rukbat's charging rules, which is don't let the phone get to less than 40% or higher than 80% and it worked out. I was very grateful to have gotten that advice and intended to use the phone an extra year or two. Unfortunately, my carrier killed my 6.1 for being 3G. So I stuck it out with the super cheap replacement they sent until I couldn't stand it anymore and decided to get the XR20.

So yes, if you get a charging pad you can put the phone down on that Everytime you don't need it in your hand.

I haven't used the Rukbat method of charging since retiring my 6.1. I guess I slipped back into my older battery behavior.

The camera is like the least important feature for me on a phone. I practically never take pictures. Sorry I can't be of any help with that.

Other things people have complained about like the physical size of the phone (too big, too heavy) don't bother me. I can watch tv on my phone and it's relatively easy to hold.

Oh! On YouTube the MrNokia guy said he gets 10 hours screen on time , I know what he meant now, the phone being awake but not in use. Maybe like standby time. In that case, I probably do get the same or better.