camera app

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
So are any of you fans of the stock app or have you switched to something else? I'm seeing how some of the other apps work with the phone right now and I'm undecided. I find autofocus to be slow in the stock app and I'm not sure if that will change with Camera MX or Manual Camera.

Posted via the Android Central App

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi ! Interesting topic, and I would get another question (I'm waiting my Oneplus 3 to be dispatched at the moment) : Did you find an app able to shoot at 60fps 720p/1080p ?

lsmith9523

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
This is a great topic /question. I am anxious to read and see suggestions from others who are more knowledgeable.

tpmbb10

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I only just started truly using the camera this weekend and I was surprised that there was no option to take black and white photos in the camera app. Or did I miss something?

In any event I was able to achieve some decent results using the edits in Google Photos but I, too, will be watching this thread for opinions. I haven't really noticed any laggy focus or response compared to other phones I've used.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
My only complaint is the focus doesn't catch quick movement well. So with my toddlers I get a lot more blurred photos than I did with my S7. But I'm testing apps and I'm figuring ways to make it work. In bright light no issues, only moderate to low light.

tpmbb10

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
My only complaint is the focus doesn't catch quick movement well. So with my toddlers I get a lot more blurred photos than I did with my S7. But I'm testing apps and I'm figuring ways to make it work. In bright light no issues, only moderate to low light.

I'm finding the same issues in medium to low light re: focusing the other evening at my son's birthday party. And it wasn't very dark indoors. I was disheartened actually, because the processing by the OP3 seemed to take the initial image and after a couple of seconds made it worse! It was almost as if it was trying to take some kind of "live photo thing", and completely butchered it. As in, you can briefly see the image captured at shutter time, and then after the processing happens people in the photo actually move AND get blurrier.

Did you make any headway with 3rd party apps or getting better photos indoors somehow? I know there are certain phones out there known to take the best mobile photos, but the fact that the app actually seemed to make the image worse after initial capture is a head scratcher to me.

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm using this tread about the camera app to ask a question to everybody who have a OP3 :

Is shooting at 1080p will give you a weird result with frames jumps such as this (sorry for the fail) :

To avoid this issue, I tried to shoot at 720p, and it seems ot work... But this is awesome, for a flag****, to have that kind of problems

720p video :

Rowoad

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Exactly the same here for the video stuttering. I tried with various apps and videos in 4k or 1080p are never smooth