OnePlus 5T!

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The OnePlus 5T launch is coming up! Who's going to be watching?
I will be for sure! This is my next phone. Been dreaming about since the OnePlus 3 came out and I was too stupid to get it. I got a Priv instead. It has been a good phone for my first venture into the world of Android from BB10. Now ready to really have full access.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I will be for sure! This is my next phone. Been dreaming about since the OnePlus 3 came out and I was too stupid to get it. I got a Priv instead. It has been a good phone for my first venture into the world of Android from BB10. Now ready to really have full access.

Awesome to hear! I miss the days of BB10! I had a black Q10!

I may watch the launch, as well. Really wanted the 5 but I think I will revisit the T and see what's up.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Dammit, dammit, dammit...

They've gone and released a 6" screen 5T and I've just bought a Note 8 haha

Going to have to seriously consider this now!

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming still no love for Verizon or Sprint with the 5T?

No, there likely never will be either. Of you listen to Pei talk about global adoption rates you can probably figure out why.

The US isn't an important market.

They probably want it to be, but it isn't.

slick5150

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
No, there likely never will be either. Of you listen to Pei talk about global adoption rates you can probably figure out why.

The US isn't an important market.

They probably want it to be, but it isn't.

It's odd though, as it's not like it'd be particularly hard to get Verizon compatibility and the fact that it's the largest carrier in the US eliminates a huge customer base when they can't get it. Sprint is more of a pain in the *** to deal with from a manufacturer standpoint, but even still, you're adding more potential customers that can't get your phone.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Annnnd now I may consider the 5T...

Apparently, though it's six inches, it's actually not that much bigger than the 5. The screen-to-body ratio is very interesting. My only concern is that this will be a BIG device and perhaps too big for me to hold.

Unless, of course, I can get my hands on a 5 from Amazon. Does anyone know if OP will continue to support the 5 with updates?

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Apparently, though it's six inches, it's actually not that much bigger than the 5. The screen-to-body ratio is very interesting. My only concern is that this will be a BIG device and perhaps too big for me to hold.

Unless, of course, I can get my hands on a 5 from Amazon. Does anyone know if OP will continue to support the 5 with updates?

I think they will just like the 3 and 3t. It won't be forgotten they got Oreo before the 5 it's a good sign

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

No reason the 5 shouldn't be supported as long as the 5T, they're basically the same device.

It's also worth bearing in mind that along with the smaller bezels, 2:1 displays have a smaller area compared to their diagonal measurement than 16:9 displays; so a 6 inch 2:1 display actually has the same area as roughly a 5.7 inch 16:9 display, so it won't be as big as you might think. It's only a couple of millimeters bigger than the 5, which is good, because it's already too tall in my opinion.