OnePlus 5T!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else hearing any rumours or knowing of any pics of the 5T? It showed up in my Facebook newsfeed this morning, courtesy of Android Central! Super exciting! I thought I read a mid-November release?

Last edited:

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that! I'm leaning more towards a front-facing FPS for my next phone; but the OP5T does look really nice!

I prefer the front facing fingerprint but then I got the pixel 2 xl it pretty much in a perfect spot. Plus fingerprint features help. I think going forward we may see less and less on the front

liscon17

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
I just can't see it on the rear of the photo OnePlus posted unleash that isn't no the OP5T.

To me to look like it will be remaining on the front

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I prefer the front facing fingerprint but then I got the pixel 2 xl it pretty much in a perfect spot. Plus fingerprint features help. I think going forward we may see less and less on the front

My Honor 8 has a back FPS and I really love it! It's in a perfect location. I just want to try something new with my next phone. :)

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site

I wonder, though. With navigational gestures like Moto has added to the finger print sensor, the front is a more natural location.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I wonder, though. With navigational gestures like Moto has added to the finger print sensor, the front is a more natural location.

True! I didn't know how innovative Moto's home button/FPS was until I watched a Moto Z2 Play review. Amazing!

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I will say this if they can bring the fingerprint gestures that would help a lot. Example I use it all the time with pixel 2 xl the notification shade pull down it helps with the tall screen

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
This is of real interest to me

Really like the look of the Pixel 2 XL; but cannot justify spending £800 UK Sterling on a mobile phone!
Love the look of the Note 8, but it's not running Oreo and no idea when it will be and Oreo on my N6P is just brilliant!

The OP5T looks to be about everything I want, good price (well, looks to be); great specs, great storage etc

Will see what it's like when it's released :)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
This is of real interest to me

Really like the look of the Pixel 2 XL; but cannot justify spending £800 UK Sterling on a mobile phone!
Love the look of the Note 8, but it's not running Oreo and no idea when it will be and Oreo on my N6P is just brilliant!

The OP5T looks to be about everything I want, good price (well, looks to be); great specs, great storage etc

Will see what it's like when it's released :)

I'm now looking forward to its release as well; especially since the 5 has been out of stock for the past few weeks.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm now looking forward to its release as well; especially since the 5 has been out of stock for the past few weeks.

The 5 didn't do it for me. Had a 3T before I got another N6P (which in turn was replaced by Google via warranty) and it's now proving hard to find a handset that can better the N6P (screen size, flat screen (don't like the edge screens due to lack of decent screen protectors) etc...

The 5T might just be that phone!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The 5 didn't do it for me. Had a 3T before I got another N6P (which in turn was replaced by Google via warranty) and it's now proving hard to find a handset that can better the N6P (screen size, flat screen (don't like the edge screens due to lack of decent screen protectors) etc...

The 5T might just be that phone!

I love the Nexus 6P!

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I love the Nexus 6P!

So do I, that's the issue

I would like to upgrade from it at some point (I've a Nexus 6 for my business handset, so use that mainly for any games I play (Real Racing 3, Angry Birds etc) due to the larger screen

This is why the 5T is so appealing off the potential specs (flat screen (well, not an Edge screen), 6" display etc...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So do I, that's the issue

I would like to upgrade from it at some point (I've a Nexus 6 for my business handset, so use that mainly for any games I play (Real Racing 3, Angry Birds etc) due to the larger screen

This is why the 5T is so appealing off the potential specs (flat screen (well, not an Edge screen), 6" display etc...

It's a very appealing phone, for sure! Not too long to wait now for its release date!