why are Facebook notifications being missed on OP5

southjersey786

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, so I just came to android after 3 years of iPhone usage. Everything is working well on my one plus 5 but the the Facebook app notifications are spotty, some come through and some don't. Does anybody else have this issue? I think this may be a Facebook app issue rather than an Android issue.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Sometimes Facebook/Facebook Messenger will encounter little glitches or bugs that affect performance. Have you tried logging out of your mobile Facebook entirely and then logging back in? Perhaps that will jar something!

southjersey786

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I had these issues with the Facebook app when I had my Galaxy S3, after that I've been on the iPhone until recent and never on the iOS version I had these issues. Thought they would be fixed by now. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but same results. Do you have these issues?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I had these issues with the Facebook app when I had my Galaxy S3, after that I've been on the iPhone until recent and never on the iOS version I had these issues. Thought they would be fixed by now. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but same results. Do you have these issues?

I had some issues with Messenger a few months back, and the logging out and then back on again fixed it. Have you checked you Settings app and made sure that Facebook is enabled? If all else fails, you could always contact Facebook support.

LongbranchPennywhistle

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I do believe I have had similar issues with the Facebook app historically at times, one a few previous phones. I would say try as some have suggested, log back in and out of both, check your settings to ensure notifications are enabled.

Maybe if all else fails, clearing the cache partition? And then relogging in?

Seems like it might be a Facebook app issue if you aren't seeing notification issues anywhere else.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I do believe I have had similar issues with the Facebook app historically at times, one a few previous phones. I would say try as some have suggested, log back in and out of both, check your settings to ensure notifications are enabled.

Maybe if all else fails, clearing the cache partition? And then relogging in?

Seems like it might be a Facebook app issue if you aren't seeing notification issues anywhere else.

A few months ago, Facebook advised people to log in and out of their Messenger application to stop the glitch that had been affecting several users. Perhaps this issue is similar?