Is 1080p going to be a problem coming from higher res?

DominionRoofs

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm looking to get the 6t on Tmobile and right now I have the LG g7 which has a really nice clear screen. I'm concerned that the screen will not look as crisp on the 6t. Maybe the amoled will offset this? . What are your thoughts?

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking to get the 6t on Tmobile and right now I have the LG g7 which has a really nice clear screen. I'm concerned that the screen will not look as crisp on the 6t. Maybe the amoled will offset this? . What are your thoughts?
I came from a 1440p LG G4 and have had zero issues with the 1080p OnePlus 6.

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I had the opposite experience.
I came from several years of 2560x1440 phones, at least 5 years , maybe 3-4 phones in there (I've always been a "screen real-estate guy" though, going back into CRTs, I really like density).

Anyway, I still haven't adjusted, fully. I can tell, because I use my Nexus 6 as a "small tablet" now, and the screen is dramatically sharper, still, every time I pick it up.

If OP doesn't decide to go to 4k, I'll probably be looking around, next time, in particular if the Pixel price and the OPx price get significantly closer.
My OP is a great device though, this is really one of the few (major anyway) gripes I have about it...

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Maybe pixel counters will notice the difference, or those with very sharp eyes. I'm very happy with the screen resolution.