T-Mobile store

bchain996

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
So I’m a Verizon user and saw that T-Mobile is carrying in store. Do you guys think they’ll let me buy one at full retail if I’m not a T-Mobile customer?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't hurt to ask. HOWEVER you certainly will be allowed to check one out in a store before you buy online from the OnePlus website. I have always gotten mine right from OnePlus. Their shipping is actually pretty good. I'd say 3 to 5 days.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
FYI devices sold in T-Mobile stores will only have one SIM slot instead of the two slots on devices sold directly from 1+.

The Verge: Lau says that the OnePlus 6T sold by T-Mobile (the carrier will only be offering the 8GB RAM / 128GB storage model in the glossy black finish) is identical to the version that will still be offered directly by OnePlus, with the only exception being that the T-Mobile version will have a single SIM slot instead of two. There will be no special branding or logos on it; it will be visually indistinguishable from every other OnePlus 6T sold. It will even have the same aggressively low price as the model sold by OnePlus.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
FYI devices sold in T-Mobile stores will only have one SIM slot instead of the two slots on devices sold directly from 1+.

so no carrier apps? I don't understand why they would have a different sim slot though. Is it the same slot just with a different tray so you can only use one sim? I guess I don't care, I just don't get why.

neilk

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I read that the T-Mobile version is carrier locked so you would need to buy it directly from Oneplus to use on Verizon.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I read that the T-Mobile version is carrier locked so you would need to buy it directly from Oneplus to use on Verizon.
I've had T-Mobile unlock a couple devices after I've paid them off. I would think it would be the same.

keilflex

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
you can't buy from tmobile without service. but you only need 90 days of service for them to unlock it. then u can cancel. or just stick with em.

Sedp23

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Will the TMobile phones still have to go through TMobile for updates or will they update them as OnePlus always has pushed out updates?

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
so no carrier apps? I don't understand why they would have a different sim slot though. Is it the same slot just with a different tray so you can only use one sim? I guess I don't care, I just don't get why.

Probably because TMO would rather you pay for their Digits service that allows dual numbers on a single device. As far as carrier apps, one of the nice things about TMO is they don't put many on their phones, and you can delete them like any other app.