T Mobile OP 6T Backordered

apcplaza

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I received and signed the first email. Then I got a second email to confirm that they received my EIP agreement. I ordered my phone at the TMo store 11/4. When did you order yours?

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I saw an article yesterday that OP6T first day sales in the US were 86% higher than the 6. Seems reasonable that TMO had something to do with that and it makes sense there are slight delays. It was a big bet for TMO and I think it paid off for both companies.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah sure it helps that they are in stores which explains that big jump. Personally I got direct from OnePlus and it ships immediately and there isn't any delay. Also at launch pretty much every TMobile stores only had 2 or 3 in stock unlike Apple or Samsung who are operating at crazy scale. It all depends how much stock T-Mobile has and it's reasonable to think probably they will start with low stock from T-Mobile side because it's a new partnership for them and they might want to see how much interest is there before filling up large quantities of stock.
I saw an article yesterday that OP6T first day sales in the US were 86% higher than the 6. Seems reasonable that TMO had something to do with that and it makes sense there are slight delays. It was a big bet for TMO and I think it paid off for both companies.

Last edited:

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Being a new device I'm sure Tmobile wasn't going to stock a ton of phones. They have to feel out customer demand. Makes sense really. Next time I bet they have more on hand to meet demand.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Long story short. My first order was Nov. 1 but the system on T-Mobile website screwed up, waited 2 days calling back n forward. Finally, got it cancelled and ordered again November 5th. Est. ship date Nov 6-8. My package delivered on 6th since I grab next day shipment.

Hope you get yours soon. This phone remind me how I used to love iOS software. Speedy without bloatware.
I received and signed the first email. Then I got a second email to confirm that they received my EIP agreement. I ordered my phone at the TMo store 11/4. When did you order yours?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
So based on replies looks like it's available just fine without any back order and only OP has some issues with his order?

HoldFastHope

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My shipping estimate has come and gone. Talked to Tmo yesterday and said that the 6T is backordered and there is no definite timetable. My shipping date was between 11/9-11/12. They told me to just wait. I was pretty annoyed that they didn't tell their customers it was backordered before, during or after the transaction.

apcplaza

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Finally my order is showing it shipped and will be delivered tomorrow. I paid for ground shipping but I guess since its delayed they upgraded it to next day delivery.

HoldFastHope

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Finally my order is showing it shipped and will be delivered tomorrow. I paid for ground shipping but I guess since its delayed they upgraded it to next day delivery.

Lucky you cuz my order shipped today and I tried to get next day shipping before it shipped and after it shipped and they gave me some excuse that they would have to cancel and redo the order which may put me in back of the line. So now, it's set to arrive until next Tuesday. Pretty annoyed.

apcplaza

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm they didn't have to cancel mine and it shipped next day. What I don't like about T-Mobile is they gave you crap reasons just to shut you up so they can move on or most of them are just so clueless about the situation. For example, one of the rep told me that my order did not ship because my card was declined. He also offered me to cancel and redo my order. I would've been content in the beginning if they told me its backorder and won't ship after the scheduled dates.

HoldFastHope

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm they didn't have to cancel mine and it shipped next day. What I don't like about T-Mobile is they gave you crap reasons just to shut you up so they can move on or most of them are just so clueless about the situation. For example, one of the rep told me that my order did not ship because my card was declined. He also offered me to cancel and redo my order. I would've been content in the beginning if they told me its backorder and won't ship after the scheduled dates.

I actually gave feedback that I was disappointed they didn't change the shipping to 2 days or next day and I got a call today from a Tmo rep. They explained to me the same thing about changing shipping, the device would need to be re-ordered etc, etc. Anyways, she did have questions regarding those that shipping was changed for. Im curious too. Was yours an upgrade with the trade-in deal? I did appreciate their call and listening to customers feedback. She gave me a credit for the delay and was apologetic about the backorder and lack of communication.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez