Dash Charging

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
So I recently ordered a OnePlus 6T and wanted to know a little more about the charging. I usually leave the stock charger in the box because I sell my device within a year and use one of the quick charging chargers I already have. My question is what will be the difference between be if I just use a quick charger over using the dash charger and if I bought a dash cable would that make a difference if I plugged it into a regular quick charger? Thanks in advance!

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Use the dash charger in the box. You'll be blown away by it, and you will never need another charger again
I don't think you'll lose that much value if you open the charger.
I'm not sure if regular quick chargers can charge it at normal quick charge speeds, because dash charge is so incredible that it always gets the job done.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
At work, I use my Note 9 quick charger. Takes for ever to charge. So no, the only way to do quick charger is with 1+ dash charger.
So I recently ordered a OnePlus 6T and wanted to know a little more about the charging. I usually leave the stock charger in the box because I sell my device within a year and use one of the quick charging chargers I already have. My question is what will be the difference between be if I just use a quick charger over using the dash charger and if I bought a dash cable would that make a difference if I plugged it into a regular quick charger? Thanks in advance!

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Dash charge isn't compatible with Qualcomm quick charge, two completely different technologies. You can however use those chargers still as they are smart enough to default to standard charging when quick charge isn't detected.

I've been using my pixel 2 charger at times and it is USB PD. My 6T doesn't say fast charging but it still only took about an hour and a half. I have a non quick charge 2.4 amp car charger that will do pretty good on it to. It's not fast/quick/dash charging but it's not bad for a bump on the ride home.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for all the input. I have another question about the dash charging. Let's say I buy just the power brick can I use any type c wire for the dash charging or does it have to be the wire and the power brick from OnePlus?

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for all the input. I have another question about the dash charging. Let's say I buy just the power brick can I use any type c wire for the dash charging or does it have to be the wire and the power brick from OnePlus?
I got the OnePlus car charger and when I used it with the USB cable that came with my Pixel it wasn't fast charging. So unfortunately it seems the cable does make a difference.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

You need both the cable and charger. With any other cable it will charge at the standard 5V 2A.

It's this way for a reason, most USB cables can't handle 4 amps and could potentially catch fire if used at full capacity.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Please do us all a favor and don't just let the charger that came with the phone sit in the box for a year.
I promise, resale value won't be impacted if you use the charger

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Please do us all a favor and don't just let the charger that came with the phone sit in the box for a year.
I promise, resale value won't be impacted if you use the charger
Lol I'm thinking about taking it out of the box when it gets here.. we'll see :). I may look to buy a second charger that uses dash charging

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Lol I'm thinking about taking it out of the box when it gets here.. we'll see :). I may look to buy a second charger that uses dash charging

Why wouldn't you take it out of the box and use it? Seems like it would be pretty dumb to just leave a perfectly good dash charger sitting in the box...

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Why wouldn't you take it out of the box and use it? Seems like it would be pretty dumb to just leave a perfectly good dash charger sitting in the box...
Maybe he gets more satisfaction looking at the charger in the box than being used?

OP, rip that charger out of there and enjoy it. You only live once my friend.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Lol thanks. Hopefully the setup goes easy with Verizon when it comes in. I had a CDMA less device and it worked perfectly without calling or changing anything in my plan so hopefully this goes the same way. Just switched the Sim and it worked before.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Lol thanks. Hopefully the setup goes easy with Verizon when it comes in. I had a CDMA less device and it worked perfectly without calling or changing anything in my plan so hopefully this goes the same way. Just switched the Sim and it worked before.
Ya I left VZ about 4 years back because of no GSM support. T-MOBILE now and pretty happy with them.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad they finally opened up to some unlocked devices. So many good phones I wanted were never offered or allowed on the network.

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
OnePlus ran a Cyber Monday where they sold their power bricks for $10 bucks.

On Amazon, i bought a 3rd party car charger and brick and cables from A Plus and Titacute and they all work just as fast as OnePlus ones for a bit cheaper.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
OnePlus ran a Cyber Monday where they sold their power bricks for $10 bucks.

On Amazon, i bought a 3rd party car charger and brick and cables from A Plus and Titacute and they all work just as fast as OnePlus ones for a bit cheaper.
Do you have a link to that Amazon charger?