Anyone watching the 8T announcement?

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
As title states. Watching the 8T announcement. What do you guys think about it so far? Trying to get excited as the last OnePlus I purchased was the 6T.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes was hoping it will be a little less, but honestly at that price it does stack well with the competition. 256gb and 12gb ram standard they could've got away with calling it the 8T pro. I just don't know what is there stand out features that make me want OnePlus. Will have to go check it out in person before making a decision.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
They use to at a lower price, but now that with the price increases does it still warrant the same consideration? Not sure what the trade-ins will be, but I can assure even with trade-in it will now be more expensive than the S20 FE with seemly less features. Already seen it in person and thought the phone was rather small and bland. Screen is definitely nice though.
I always thought that One Plus phones give a lot for the money , can't go wrong with 1+8

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
They use to at a lower price, but now that with the price increases does it still warrant the same consideration? Not sure what the trade-ins will be, but I can assure even with trade-in it will now be more expensive than the S20 FE with seemly less features. Already seen it in person and thought the phone was rather small and bland. Screen is definitely nice though.
I'll take 1+8 over the s20fe anytime, plus it's still cheaper then it.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Received my 8T yesterday...all set up the way I like...using Nova Prime...Oxygen Updater cannot do the latest update until the phone gets a particular OTA update...beats the S**t out of the S20 FE in every way. Can we please have a separate forum/thread for the 8T?

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Received my 8T yesterday...all set up the way I like...using Nova Prime...Oxygen Updater cannot do the latest update until the phone gets a particular OTA update...beats the S**t out of the S20 FE in every way. Can we please have a separate forum/thread for the 8T?
I second that, we need an 8T forum.

Though IDK why you need Nova, I personally love the oxygen OS launcher but I get it, Nova is great.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Not sure where else to ask this since we don't have a forum yet............

Does anyone know if the one plus 8T unlocked version will work on Verizon? Specifically 5G.

I have read some articles saying it will work then saw one saying no 5G.

Thank you for any reply in advance!