Just got an 8T

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Does the T-Mobile version not bring a dual sim tray? The dual sim functionality was the primary reason I bought this phone, as I couldn't find a better device than this one that gave me this feature.

I think all branded models come with only one SIM card.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Does the T-Mobile version not bring a dual sim tray? The dual sim functionality was the primary reason I bought this phone, as I couldn't find a better device than this one that gave me this feature.
For my Tmobile 1+7P it was single sim , I converted to global firmware and bought the dual sim card tray online to convert it .

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
For my Tmobile 1+7P it was single sim , I converted to global firmware and bought the dual sim card tray online to convert it .

If only it were that easy with Samsung devices.. The N20U was my first choice, but after much research, I realized it was an uphill battle to convert to DSDS or active.

Despite the "Never Settle," I guess I sort of did with the 8T, lol. As I mentioned previously, I came from an S9 so I think anything would've been a drastic upgrade at this point. For the value, features and functionality, I'm glad I "settled" on such a great device. I was a slave to the Samsung Gods dor far too long!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If only it were that easy with Samsung devices.. The N20U was my first choice, but after much research, I realized it was an uphill battle to convert to DSDS or active.

Despite the "Never Settle," I guess I sort of did with the 8T, lol. As I mentioned previously, I came from an S9 so I think anything would've been a drastic upgrade at this point. For the value, features and functionality, I'm glad I "settled" on such a great device. I was a slave to the Samsung Gods dor far too long!
If Samsung gets rid of the Note line after this year , I'll just hold on the latest Note , and probably get One plus and Pixels until they get their heads straight .

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I always thought that hybrid slots were the best option where you can use one SIM card, two of them or one SIM + an SD card. Now I kind of understand why SD cards are disappearing, too many problems and not that necessary anymore.

rbaggio00

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The t-mobile version of the 8Tis a great phone i use it for the stock Android and fairly quick updates and for the price is a no brainier.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I tried out the T-Mobile 8T variant. It was a really nice device. But after spending the whole week before that with the regular OP8 and loving it, there seemed to be several things that had issues with the device. At least in my experience. For one, I liked the quality of the images that I was getting from the camera. It seems like the 8T, the quality didn't seem to be quite as good IMO. Also, I have experienced this with both the 8 and 8T... On certain web pages and apps, the screen flickers to this weird yellowish tone and it's quite unpleasant. But it seemed to be more prevalent on the 8T in my experience. On the 8, not as bad.

I still kind of wish I would have stuck with the 8T, just for bang of buck and that warp charge. Especially for FREE with the trade in promo they have going on at T-Mobile right now. And of course, now they are out of stock. Oh well. At least my 8 is free as well and for the most part, does everything I need it to.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I tried out the T-Mobile 8T variant. It was a really nice device. But after spending the whole week before that with the regular OP8 and loving it, there seemed to be several things that had issues with the device. At least in my experience. For one, I liked the quality of the images that I was getting from the camera. It seems like the 8T, the quality didn't seem to be quite as good IMO. Also, I have experienced this with both the 8 and 8T... On certain web pages and apps, the screen flickers to this weird yellowish tone and it's quite unpleasant. But it seemed to be more prevalent on the 8T in my experience. On the 8, not as bad.

I still kind of wish I would have stuck with the 8T, just for bang of buck and that warp charge. Especially for FREE with the trade in promo they have going on at T-Mobile right now. And of course, now they are out of stock. Oh well. At least my 8 is free as well and for the most part, does everything I need it to.
The flickering and colour changes while browsing is a problem with Chrome and other browsers. There's an easy fix disabling dynamic color gamut in Chrome flags.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Yeah I changed the screen resolution settings and so far it hasn't done it. Sadly the screen isn't as colorful now. I also downloaded a different browser which it doesn't appear to be doing that on. Why is this an issue with Oneplus? Never had an issue with any other Android devices I've had before this such as LG, Samsung etc. Makes me feel like a dummy because this is one of the reasons why I returned the 8T.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I changed the screen resolution settings and so far it hasn't done it. Sadly the screen isn't as colorful now. I also downloaded a different browser which it doesn't appear to be doing that on. Why is this an issue with Oneplus? Never had an issue with any other Android devices I've had before this such as LG, Samsung etc. Makes me feel like a dummy because this is one of the reasons why I returned the 8T.
It happens with different brands and models using similar OLED displays. You don't need to change the screen resolution, just disable that flag in Chrome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87