ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
You dont have to have titanium to do it. Uninstall the play store through settings>apps. Go here for the link to the .apk file. I believe it is the first post. [APK] Google Play Store v3.5.16 + MOD - xda-developers Then apps>downloads and install the .apk

I tried both methods described in the post. No go. About to try the troubleshooting.

This issue/fix might need its own thread.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

StingDrop

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Force close issue not fixed. Haven't noticed any real difference. CM9.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Well you'll have to wait till the dev finds the problem he stated he got a black screen with the new build so he used the same code as alpha 10 pre 1 but added a couple tweaks be patient its almost beta ;)

Sent from my optimus v running as cold as ice

air139

May 16, 2012
Visit site
AOKP is working now, after about 5 clean flash attempts. Magic?

EDIT: Started being mean again, can't get google drive, evernote or draw something loaded. :'(

Last edited:

bmwkeith

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
ima get killed for asking but is this as stable as CAI yet? i reailly dont like goSMS for MMS
CAI is quite stable. I have been running A10g for over a week with n o FC's or random reboots. CPU 480/787 Smartass2 gov.
Tried Quattrimus CM9 new build yesterday. Had all kinds of reboots before I even got all of my apps restored. Went back to CAI. Looking forward to trying Quattrimus when it becomes more stable.

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Running cai interactive x 320/ 806
mms works don't have any probs sending or receiving. Plus video cam!
sent from my device using XPB ICS Tapatalk 2

I'm glad everything else works, but I don't care much for the camera/camcorder, I got another ICS device that is fully capable with the camera on it. My OV with CAI is definitely daily driver worthy, I don't think I have any reason to revert back to GB anytime soon.

I'm really hoping thekraven can help out tdm, I would love to see CM9 quattrimus run just as or more stable :)

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had two reboot, and three fc's in two days of testing. Forgot to oc the kernel, no more reboots after I set it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had two reboot, and three fc's in two days of testing. Forgot to oc the kernel, no more reboots after I set it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I got mines running stable at 806MHz max on performance governor. It seems like as long as the CPU isn't constantly throttling (as someone mentioned before) it should run smoothly. I believe he was right and I guess I can back him up because I've been doing this with every ICS rom I've tried out so far. As for the battery life, it's still excellent on performance. It might effect the battery just slightly, but it won't be so noticeable, depending on how you use your device. I use it for Google Voice, browsing the web, Tapatalk, emails, and occasionally Google Music, and my device still goes through an entire day on one charge. I'd say it lasts me around 5 hours or longer from constant use, if I use it every once in a while I get a good 15 hours or more.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: droiddekka

bhasden

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone got Hanging with Friends or Scramble with Friends running without crashing? I'm guessing they're having issues due to some of the memory management stuff TDM has mentioned.

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
TDM.... take a look at this when you get a few minutes. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...lgCamera&feature=order_history&token=mKU4pD4F

Its a camcorder app off play. I tested it out, and it allows the camcorder to be opened without a force close, and provides a functioning preview pane as well. The only thing I could not get to work was the record function. I also saw a comment from the dev down at the bottom of the description that said he's willing to provide native language assistance, etc. Is this anywhere close to being on a usable path for what you need? Don't mean to waste any of your time with it if I'm way off.

Reactions: tdm

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
TDM.... take a look at this when you get a few minutes. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...lgCamera&feature=order_history&token=NWRAXUR_

Its a camcorder app off play. I tested it out, and it allows the camcorder to be opened without a force close, and provides a functioning preview pane as well. The only thing I could not get to work was the record function. I also saw a comment from the dev down at the bottom of the description that said he's willing to provide native language assistance, etc. Is this anywhere close to being on a usable path for what you need? Don't mean to waste any of your time with it if I'm way off.

Thanks, but I am pretty sure the camcorder can be enabled natively. Just need to find the time to do it.

BTW, I'm getting ready to release another update this afternoon. I think I'm going to call it alpha10 final and move onward...

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
alpha10 (final) is up. Check the OP. Changes:

* Fixed line endings on hosts file.
* [aokp] Added ADB over network.
* [aosp] Fixed su.
* [aosp] Enabled sip/voip.

And the big one...

* Removed gapps due to forum rules.

I was willing to take the heat for including this. But I just became aware of the AC forum rules that forbid it, so my hands are tied. Additionally, all previous binaries have been destroyed and are no longer available.

The OP has a link to gapps recommended by thekraven. This is a stripped version which should fit well on the phone. Thanks to arnold1997 for pointing this out.

Last edited:

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
alpha10 (final) is up. Check the OP. Changes:

* Fixed line endings on hosts file.
* [aokp] Added ADB over network.
* [aosp] Fixed su.
* [aosp] Enabled sip/voip.

And the big one...

* Removed gapps due to forum rules.

I was willing to take the heat for including this. But I just became aware of the AC forum rules that forbid it, so my hands are tied. Additionally, all previous binaries have been destroyed and are no longer available.

This is very unfortunate, as I had been stripping a bunch of stuff out that was useless for us (face unlock, etc.) This must now take up space on your phone. Sorry. :(

Don't feel too bad about it. We are all human, you sure seem to be superhuman. Your efforts on this ROM have been far beyond the call of duty. You have done a great job, and there are a whole lot of us out here who appreciate it. Many thanks.
Downloaded, backing up, run LeslieAnn's prep for new rom, flash!

One other thing: I love the way CM9 handles sd-ext. It is just so cool to NOT go through all those restores, and doubly cool when Swype is right there from the get-go. You absolutely rock!

Last edited:
Reactions: tdm
Status
Not open for further replies.