ARCHIVED: [ROM] Stock Virgin Mobile + Xionia Kernel (BETA 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevolutionRed

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Can someone post up how to install this ROM? I scanned through the thread, but didn't see how to install it, I am rooted, and custom recovery.

Put in the zip on the root of your sd card, flash from custom recovery. Wipe cache + dalvik cache. Reboot.

EDIT: Whoops. Sorry. Didn't realize someone else had already posted.

RevolutionRed

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
One more question, then I MAY try this. Do we need to be deodexed or anything?

No. You need to be root and have a custom recovery installed. takehull posted a recovery that works in the main thread. Other than that, it's just a matter of flashing the rom. The rom itself IS deodexed, but it doesn't require that you've done it beforehand.

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
It appears they found the actual source of that touchscreen bug and an actual fix, rather than a work around... I guess that's why I brought it up.

RevolutionRed

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It appears they found the actual source of that touchscreen bug and an actual fix, rather than a work around... I guess that's why I brought it up.

Yes, android 2.3 fixes the bug. This is still a 2.2 rom, so the workarounds are needed. I can incorporate the fixes in the link into the kernel if people want to see it, but looking at how they work, I doubt they'll do much more than what's already done.

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, android 2.3 fixes the bug. This is still a 2.2 rom, so the workarounds are needed. I can incorporate the fixes in the link into the kernel if people want to see it, but looking at how they work, I doubt they'll do much more than what's already done.

My take is that if you want to keep it clean, people would understand, I mean, you are doing this all in your spare time, and it is very much appreciated.

However, the thread here:

[GPL][updated 03.02.2011] Kernel with minimized touchscreen bug - xda-developers

mentions:

"Now hack is not dirty, just found that driver has native implementation of "sleep".
Result: 15-30% cpu use with tap down."

I think the OP tried to cross out the part where he was using some sorta work around...

I'm just not quite sure what he did, as it looks like he has a separate kernel there with other tweaks included (probably as you have tweaked this kernel)...

idbl_fanatic

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well everything went ok, my internal starage went from 88M to 58M so, I don;t know where my other 30 M went

Everything except now I can't connect USB

samusishere1

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
CPU spikes as well???

Has anyone else noticed that the cpu spikes at random for no apparent reason? i have used system monitor etc to figure out whyy it keeps happening and theres no indication of what causes it. It At first i noticed the home replacement app i was using (ADW ex) Was Throttling the cpu constantly from 15 to 50 percent. im not sure if this is a kernel bug or not, but i tried switching to Launcher pro and for a short while it was fine but then The spikes started to occur again. is this just a bug or did i install something wrong.?
Thanks

spawn50

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I did......and re-enabling, same thing.

I would still like to know where my free space went to though. right now I went back to my restore point

I flashed my ROM with a increase of internal storage. I did a titanium backup. Then reboot into customer recovery. Do a nand backup. Wipe all data. Then copied my sdcard to my computer. then wiped it. put sdcard backin. reboot into recovery. flash the ROM and reboot. Takes a few min to boot. Then copy your titanium backup folder back to the sdcard. Download titanium backup from the market. Then do a restore.

I had to flash mine twice.

Reactions: Kroot

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
You really should wipe the phone before or after changing the rom. Then put your stuff back in. That is probably where your space went.

Even with quite a bit on it, I still have 70 megs free.

WobbleTheHutt

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that the cpu spikes at random for no apparent reason? i have used system monitor etc to figure out whyy it keeps happening and theres no indication of what causes it. It At first i noticed the home replacement app i was using (ADW ex) Was Throttling the cpu constantly from 15 to 50 percent. im not sure if this is a kernel bug or not, but i tried switching to Launcher pro and for a short while it was fine but then The spikes started to occur again. is this just a bug or did i install something wrong.?
Thanks

its probably related to the touchscreen bug talked about above, its fixed in gingerbread and on custom roms for the S i would expect it to be fixed in B3

Helgaiden

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Just got this up and running on my V. No problems at all. Havnt gotten to overclocking it yet but i will once i get home.

Linpack: 7.149 currently.

webdoctors

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I just installed this ROM, the only issue I find is the home button doesn't work, its not reversed with the other button, it just doesn't work.

It registers (can be used to wakeup the phone), but home button can't be used to get to the home screens when in any programs...anyone else have this issue?

Bizarre, it works now, after a reboot, odd

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer