ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquidplacidity

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Just thought i'd let everybody know.. With Google Navigation, the "Voice search" function is gone completely. If you go into the voice settings in the phone itself, it also looks like a setting is missing. Wasn't there two choices?

prime0025

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
No Title

I am currently on zefies cm7 but there isn't much difference between that rom and this one.

I just want to say that I too have been having the blackout issue while on a call.
Enabling "always use proximity sensor" and then powering off and powering back on (not reboot) worked for a little while then just went back to the blackouts.

What I have done to fix this issue is when I make or receive a call I open up the dialpad. Having the dialpad open while on a call has for some reason stopped the blackout issue. Hope this helps.

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
When flashing anything I usually just wipe cache and dalvik ONLY if it's the same rom. Maybe also for something like Zefie's and aospCMod, as they are essentially the same thing. So I'd do it for themes as well.

Yep. Same kernel source. My understanding dalvik caches programs at first to optimize them. Which is why the boot takes longer when you wipe dalvik.

Main cache is for temp files (appsettings, etc)

wiping these gives the new or updated rom/kernel/theme a semi "fresh"start.

JedC

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been using this rom for a couple of days now with no major problems. That is until right now: the phone will boot to the CM7 loading screen and stay there. Any idea what is causing this?

I'm having the same problem. It works fine when I first flash and run it, but if I reboot or power cycle it even before installing anything, it gets stuck on that screen. I have to reflash it to get it to boot again.

It also wouldn't properly notify me when I had new mail at my GMail account, I had to manually refresh it. And the GPS notification icon never went away when I turned it off.

Reactions: Glenar

sdxben

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I know everyone says its the hardware and not the ROM, but I have been running Zefies CM7 for 2 weeks stable at 806, but on AOSPs I can only get to 748. why?

SkeetSkizzle

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
So I was a Noob to the Optimus V as well as Android itself. But just in case someone was having problems gettn a str8 easy to follow run down on getting this going here you go...

1.ROOT OPTIMUS V

2.dOWNLOAD " *ROM TOOLS"
*IN ROM TOOLS FOLDED

*DELETE RECOVERY.IMG REPLACE WITH CLOCKWORK FILE

*RENAME CLOCKWORK FILE TO " VRECOVERY.IMG "

*RUN ROM TOOLS AND SELECT FLASH RECOVERY TO PHONE

*CHOOSE THE OPTION OBTAIN ROOT AND FLASH

3.PUT THE MOD ON YOUR SD CARD

*BOOT INTO RECOVERY

YOU NOW HAVE THE CLOCKWORK RECOVERY DELETE THE CAP AND DATA

4. FLASH ROM.ZIP TO PHONE

5. REBOOT AND WHALAH!

This Rom is awesome by the way! Big Ups to the Creator!!

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
FYI I had no idea that OV came with an unlocked bootloader/fastboot.

You can use fastboot to wipe/flash roms. It's quick and is a nice safety net if your recovery fails (for whatever reason).

More Info

To access fastboot reboot bootloader. You'll see a blue screen. Connect to a computer and you wipe/flash a new rom very fast/easy.

Lunacy1134

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone else see a Quadrant drop from the 03/06 release to 03/07? I run my phone at 748mhz and my scores were regularly 950 or so, now I'm consistently seeing 790. Also noticing some slowness in games that I didn't see previously.

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So I was a Noob to the Optimus V as well as Android itself. But just in case someone was having problems gettn a str8 easy to follow run down on getting this going here you go...

1.ROOT OPTIMUS V

2.dOWNLOAD " *ROM TOOLS"
*IN ROM TOOLS FOLDED

*DELETE RECOVERY.IMG REPLACE WITH CLOCKWORK FILE

*RENAME CLOCKWORK FILE TO " VRECOVERY.IMG "

*RUN ROM TOOLS AND SELECT FLASH RECOVERY TO PHONE

*CHOOSE THE OPTION OBTAIN ROOT AND FLASH

3.PUT THE MOD ON YOUR SD CARD

*BOOT INTO RECOVERY

YOU NOW HAVE THE CLOCKWORK RECOVERY DELETE THE CAP AND DATA

4. FLASH ROM.ZIP TO PHONE

5. REBOOT AND WHALAH!

This Rom is awesome by the way! Big Ups to the Creator!!

Was the "VRECOVERY.IMG" a typo? should it be just"RECOVERY.IMG"?

Also put what 'MOD' on my SD card?

Which ROM did you use, 'aospCMod-OV-20110307-signed.zip' or 'gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip'?

Sorry I'm a total NOOB on this tried getting clockwork for like 3 hours still no luck

Any help would much much appreciated :D

joehero94

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded once more thus rom since I had read that the battery efficiency had increased. Nevertheless I notice that its the same if not worse than the last time. The first night over 4 hours of idle the battery dropped 40%. Time without a signal its 0. Cell standby is 50%. I really love CM 7. I would also like to mention that all of my connections except for 3g are turned off and all settings are changed to conservative. Some of you say that your battery is great, please share with me this secret.

ssam

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The battery hasn't yet increased. its still worse. They is two option to increase the battery life....One is to put the phone in Airplane mode when not in use. That's what i do. Second is to dial *#*#4636#*#* Phone information. Scroll down. Select CDMA only. Turn off cell radio, wait a couple seconds. Turn cell radio back on with same button. Exit with home button. Turn airplane mode on, then turn it back off. Note its only a work around to fix cell radio bug . And you only going to get 1x instead of 3G... when you choose second option

Status
Not open for further replies.