ARCHIVED: Zefie's CM7 for the Optimus V (Current: 03012011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have switched back to RevRed's ROM for now. I know other people have talked about the headphone volume...I hooked my phone up to my 5.1 surround speakers and had no bass. I'm an android noob, but it also won't play bass through my car speakers. I loved the ROM, but I need my bass!

idbl_fanatic

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone run into this?

When you make a call, and the proximity sensor shuts off the screen, after the call, the phone freezes with a blank screen

sdxben

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Anyone run into this?

When you make a call, and the proximity sensor shuts off the screen, after the call, the phone freezes with a blank screen
Yes, all you have to do if it happens is set your whole hand on top of the phone then pull it off. At least thats what I do and it makes it work.

Reactions: philetus

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Im using setting profile to activate things like bt and wifi and start pandora when connecting to my bt in my truck. I would also like to set it where the render widget will activate and set the screen to a effect.

Settings profile uses the process instead of just naming it like render effects. I cant figure out what process I should be starting or even if it is possible.

Any ideas?

tejesh83

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey icemank121,

First, thanks so much for putting this ROM together for the V community! I very much appreciate all the hard work you put into this!

I had a quick question. Aside from the key mapping (swapping the home/menu keys), what other tweaks were necessary to port zefile's Optimus S build to the V?

Any insights you could share would be much appreciated!

nagle3092

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone run into this?

Go to settings, call settings, check the Always Use Proximity box. Shutdown (not reboot you have to shut down) then power on and it should work fine.

I had to do the same thing in aosp's rom.

fungaljones

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello. I just switched between this rom, the aosp cm7 rom and then stock. It seems both cm7 roms mess with the camera. With stock my camera has zoom options between 1x and 4x, but with cm7 the options are between 0.1x and 0.5x which basically is no zoom . Also, there is a slight but noticeable difference in the brightness regardless of the lighting setting. The picture is slightly brighter with stock.

humanakeo

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
This rom looks great, i got swype, it works, just do as they say and go to the site and get the beta version. i have the xionia kernal on my V.

Cons on my phone i found:
1. accelerometer is bad (playing abduction is impossible) - NEVER Mind.... I had to calibrate my phone
2. when downloading in market, things start to get a little choppy
3. sound isnt "normal" but i can deal with it
4. on calls the screen stays black ( i did turn on proximity sensor ) but as sdxben said just put your hand on it then remove it and it turns on... or plug the charger in then take out.
5. Soft reset has been removed... so holding vol up + power for 5 secs wont reset the phone if it freezes
6. overclock to 806 reboots my phone
7. Double tap to zoom, in the camera crashes the camera, andddd the camera seems to be lower quality.... or thats just me.... zoom is gone

for all the people who can read and understand how to install and want to see a video of someone else doing it
YouTube - Installing Cyanogen 7 Optimus V Tutorial
im not sure if i can post links soooooo... search in youtube:
Installing Cyanogen 7 Optimus V

When this rom is complete, im sure it would be reeeeeeal great

Last edited:

munkyvirus

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
About the battery drain issue...
Today I charged my battery to 100% and after an hour of playing music with the screen off and the cpu underclocked to 245, the battery was at 60%. I looked at the battery use and cell standby was using 50% of that battery. I went into airplane mode and let it continue. 3 hours later the battery went down 2%. So, the issue has to lie with the cell radio somehow.

tzzoooma

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I just went back to stock ROM. I couldn't put up with the assortment of problems, eventhough I did dig the enhancements a lot. Stability and functionality wins this round.

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
This ROM is excellent, but it just needs the dang headset issue fixed. Music sounds so crappy, which is unfortunate, because I use my phone for all my music as well.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo