ARCHIVED: Zefie's CM7 for the Optimus V (Current: 03012011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxXTCXxx

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I have been running the 03012011 ROM for a few days. I too experience very poor battery life. I have tried several tweaks to help improve the life but nothing seems to work. Cell Idol is using 60%, so last night I did a test. I put the phone in Airplane mode and for nine hours the battery dropped one percent. This morning I turned the radio back on and after twenty minutes idle in my pocket it has dropped four percent :( I don't know what it is doing, but I hope this will help diagnose the issue.

GREAT ROM! It is very stable, love all the options, and the ability to OC :D

Liquidplacidity

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I have been running the 03012011 ROM for a few days. I too experience very poor battery life. I have tried several tweaks to help improve the life but nothing seems to work. Cell Idol is using 60%, so last night I did a test. I put the phone in Airplane mode and for nine hours the battery dropped one percent. This morning I turned the radio back on and after twenty minutes idle in my pocket it has dropped four percent :( I don't know what it is doing, but I hope this will help diagnose the issue.

GREAT ROM! It is very stable, love all the options, and the ability to OC :D

*#*#4636#*#* Phone information. Scroll down. Select CDMA only. Turn off cell radio, wait a couple seconds. Turn cell radio back on with same button. Exit with home button. Turn airplane mode on, then turn it back off. Cell radio bug fixed. Also, turn off Wifi,bluetooth,GPS,and mobile data until you need any of it. I'm getting 3-4 days of battery life with mine with moderate to heavy use.

Reactions: bn

Kotton

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So than the nightly updates for the optimus s Will work just have reversed buttons, Because From what I saw there were hardly any bugs on the newest cyanogen optimus s rom.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
*#*#4636#*#* Phone information. Scroll down. Select CDMA only. Turn off cell radio, wait a couple seconds. Turn cell radio back on with same button. Exit with home button. Turn airplane mode on, then turn it back off. Cell radio bug fixed. Also, turn off Wifi,bluetooth,GPS,and mobile data until you need any of it. I'm getting 3-4 days of battery life with mine with moderate to heavy use.

So by doing this it keeps me in 1g? Why would I pay for 3g service and purposely keep it set to 1g?

I know its a bug fix but com'on I wouldnt call that a bug fix maybe a work around till its properly fixed.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the hard work!

Everything seems to work well. With the proximity sensor during calls, I've done some testing, and I don't think that it stops working. I think it is a matter of timing. I can make the sensor work again by covering it with my finger repeatedly. If I time it wrong, the screen will only briefly turn back on.

I can't get the USB mass storage page to come up. From the Notifications-Ongoing page, clicking USB connected makes a fash and takes me to my homepage. Also, the hotspot feature gives an error. Even a hotspot widget I got from the market doesn't work. It worked under the stock rom.

So I have now tried the stock rom, RodimusROM v1.2.2, and this release. The benchmarks show that this release is by far the "best", but.... do you guys actually see any increase in performance? What program, that struggled before, really flies now? I'm having a hard time seeing any difference in performance.

Last edited:

Hugh Johnson

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I can't get the USB mass storage page to come up. From the Notifications-Ongoing page, clicking USB connected makes a fash and takes me to my homepage. Also, the hotspot feature gives an error. Even a hotspot widget I got from the market doesn't work. It worked under the stock rom.
I occasionally encounter that problem too. Try toggling debugging on and off. That's how I get it to pop up.

tweaked to work you your V.
Couldn't have said it better myself, well sort of...

dEris

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

Exaggerate much? 3-4 days? On heavy to moderate use? LOL

But thanks, I will try this trick.

Also, disabling GPS is pointless as it is not used unless something triggers it. Otherwise, it's off. It's not like WiFi or Bluetooth where WiFi constantly searches for a signal every minute or so. Just FYI for ya! =)

Liquidplacidity

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Exaggerate much? 3-4 days? On heavy to moderate use? LOL

But thanks, I will try this trick.

Also, disabling GPS is pointless as it is not used unless something triggers it. Otherwise, it's off. It's not like WiFi or Bluetooth where WiFi constantly searches for a signal every minute or so. Just FYI for ya! =)

Yeah, I like to keep everything off anyway until I use it. And no, I was serious about getting 3-4 days from it. I also have setcpu throttling my processor.It's on hour 74 right now at 22 percent. From fully charged at 100%, it will drop to about 98 after 5 hours. I can't seem to get the same results from aospmod as this one though. With aosp, I only last for about 26-32 hours. I do prefer aosp though just because it's constantly updated.

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I like to keep everything off anyway until I use it. And no, I was serious about getting 3-4 days from it. I also have setcpu throttling my processor.It's on hour 74 right now at 22 percent. From fully charged at 100%, it will drop to about 98 after 5 hours. I can't seem to get the same results from aospmod as this one though. With aosp, I only last for about 26-32 hours. I do prefer aosp though just because it's constantly updated.

So, you always have data syncing turned off? What good is a smart phone if you're not able to be notified of emails and such? I use my phone for this and if I turn everything off, I'll never know when I get emails unless I manually sync the phone every so often.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So, you always have data syncing turned off? What good is a smart phone if you're not able to be notified of emails and such? I use my phone for this and if I turn everything off, I'll never know when I get emails unless I manually sync the phone every so often.

What I don't like about auto syncing is that it doesn't allow me to pick what to sync. It syncs an entire account, not just your email. So your contacts are updated, your calender, picasa, and every other relevant account you have with google. That seems like a waste of resources just to see that your inbox is empty. I also don't like checking in with google on a regular basis. I already have a clingy girlfriend.

wildflow

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Liquidplacidity: thanks for the advice about turning off the 3g unless needed. 25 hours and still at 75%. So yeah 3-4 days definitely is not an exaggeration. This is up from previously getting ~24 hrs with a full charge.

I didn't change the cell settings to "CDMA only" as it put my phone into 1x when I turn mobile data on, I don't know if that's what it was supposed to do or not.

Oh and checked the battery stats. The main usage was cell standby that still had a "time without signal" as 64%. I get bad reception in my house. This didn't seem to affect battery much.

So clearly the root of the battery issues is with the mobile data. Is this something that can be modified at the rom/kernel level or is this a problem with virgin mobile's system? Or maybe a problem with the optimus hardware?

I remember my intercept never really had issues with battery life or data.

It would be nice to not have to keep toggling data if I want a decent battery life.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Liquidplacidity: thanks for the advice about turning off the 3g unless needed. 25 hours and still at 75%. So yeah 3-4 days definitely is not an exaggeration. This is up from previously getting ~24 hrs with a full charge.

I didn't change the cell settings to "CDMA only" as it put my phone into 1x when I turn mobile data on, I don't know if that's what it was supposed to do or not.

Oh and checked the battery stats. The main usage was cell standby that still had a "time without signal" as 64%. I get bad reception in my house. This didn't seem to affect battery much.

So clearly the root of the battery issues is with the mobile data. Is this something that can be modified at the rom/kernel level or is this a problem with virgin mobile's system? Or maybe a problem with the optimus hardware?

It would be nice to not have to keep toggling data if I want a decent battery life.

The 50% time without signal flaw doesn't effect battery life unless you have 3G on. So if you are on wifi or have 3G off you won't notice any battery drain. But turn it on and your phone will heat up like no other. At least that was my experience. This app posted by swoon in another thread solved the problem by temporarily turning on airplane mode at the beginning of each boot.

After installing it and rebooting, I've been running 3G with the same battery draw as with wifi.

Hugh Johnson

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Take a look at Juice Defender. It's supposed to do all that turning off radio, gps, and wifi stuff when you're idle.

I'm using it but it's a little hard to tell exactly what it's disabling, but it does have a notification icon that's a little helpful.

Liquidplacidity

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Welcome, glad I could help. Yeah, CDMA only turns on 1x only and CDMA Auto is 3G/1x. I leave mine on CDMA only because I don't get 3G where I live. I'm not sure why the data eats up so much of the battery though. It might be just with the data, because when you leave the data on, your phone constantly syncs with your accounts, and constantly updates everything on your phone. Can it be fixed with a kernel update? I'm not sure about that either but I'm hoping it can.

dEris

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
What I don't like about auto syncing is that it doesn't allow me to pick what to sync. It syncs an entire account, not just your email. So your contacts are updated, your calender, picasa, and every other relevant account you have with google. That seems like a waste of resources just to see that your inbox is empty. I also don't like checking in with google on a regular basis. I already have a clingy girlfriend.

You're wrong bro. I really think you need to browse your phone more. Like go into EVERY menu.

capture.png

Reactions: philetus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe