ARCHIVED: [ROM+Kernel] ~*~ Bumblebee 2.4 ~*~ (6/25/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

overthinkingme

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
No, it hasn't been released, and I'm not holding my breath for an official VM Gingerbread for this phone. So, I'm building my own from the Android Gingerbread source. This is not CM7, it's pure Gingerbread. I've still got a lot of work to do on it, so I can't make any time estimates, but so far I don't think there are any permanent road-blocs.

I envy your abilities.
Thank you for your android ambitions :D

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Raul720

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Just to let everyone know I'm still hard at work on big things to come. Right now I'm testing a new kernel built from the Android msm-kernel source updated to the newest kernel. This has been a much bigger project than I first thought, because I'm having to isolate every change LG made to the old kernel for the V's hardware, and incorporate those changes into the new source (which is sometimes drastically different). I've still got a lot of testing to do, but when it's ready it'll be worth it. This new kernel will set the stage for Bumblebee Gingerbread. :D

Wow thanks obijohn for putting so much effort into this.

zoidberg_md

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
definitely looking forward to gingerbread + bumblebee.

Just wondering if anyone else using Bumblebee have access to Google Music Beta. The app crashes on me anytime I try to play a song, and from what I've gathered from googling around, may have to do something with the rom used. I'm somewhat familiar with adb, so I would appreciate any help or if anyone else can verify that it works.. it would be much appreciated.

digitaljeannie

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else using Bumblebee have access to Google Music Beta. The app crashes on me anytime I try to play a song, and from what I've gathered from googling around, may have to do something with the rom used. I'm somewhat familiar with adb, so I would appreciate any help or if anyone else can verify that it works.. it would be much appreciated.

Running Google Music Beta on Bumblebee here. Works fine.

hyruu

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Beta works for me... But I did have to uninstall the app and re-download it from the market to get it to recognize my account.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
and don't release it on Rom Manager.

It's ok as long as he leaves a download link for the rest of us. :) That's how I had to get aosp as the rom manager one was corrupted for me...twice, so used the link posted by a helpful user in that thread.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Is anybody else having problems with email notifications not showing up?

I use K-9 Email app, it's free and much better IMO than the email or gmail apps that come stock.
You should try it. :) Can do all the email types so you don't have to use multiple apps and it's a great one.

sd_matto

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I use K-9 Email app, it's free and much better IMO than the email or gmail apps that come stock.
You should try it. :) Can do all the email types so you don't have to use multiple apps and it's a great one.

I second the use of K9 mail to replace stock email app. Also, for those of you who use PGP for their email, install APG (Android Privacy Guard), which works seamlessly with K9 to encrypt/decrypt email.

Raul720

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I'll hear the new e-mail tone but there isn't any notification on the status bar. This happens at random.

Yeah that was the problem I had but it seems like k-9 might have fixed that problem.

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that was the problem I had but it seems like k-9 might not have that problem.

I don't know about the problems you were describing with the stock email apps but I haven't had anything like this happen with K9 at all. I don't even have the stock email apps on my phone lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.