ARCHIVED: [ROM+Kernel] ~*~ Bumblebee 2.4 ~*~ (6/25/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I can't go higher than 767! what advantage is it to have a high min number? what does it do to the battery life?
thanks

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Think of it like driving. What speed gets you the most mpg? Hint, it is not driving at 1 mph. Setting your min number too low means that your phone will take longer to complete simple tasks and will therefore waste more battery.

nixie21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Think of it like driving. What speed gets you the most mpg? Hint, it is not driving at 1 mph. Setting your min number too low means that your phone will take longer to complete simple tasks and will therefore waste more battery.

thanks.. so do you agree 600 is good for the low? and I am confused about the different gov settings.. which to use?

nixie21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I knew it.. how can I fix? I uninstalled it rebooted reinstall.. i restore from backup.. nothing works??

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I knew it.. how can I fix? I uninstalled it rebooted reinstall.. i restore from backup.. nothing works??

1. Set up an ext partition on your sdcard.
  2. Install Link2SD from the market.
  3. Move your apps with Link2SD.
  4. Win. :)

nixie21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
it used to work through... how do I create the ext partition? What about all the apps already installed on sd?

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
it used to work through... how do I create the ext partition? What about all the apps already installed on sd?

Backup apps with titanium and then partition card in recovery. It will ask for your ext size first then your swap leave swap at zero. Be aware however that formatting will wipe your card so copy everything to your pc first. Partition will be under advanced options.

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Have you integrated the froyo malware patch into your kernel, obijohn?

There is no need for it. First, a little background. The patch is just an empty file named "profile" in /system/bin with permissions set to 644. This worked for those 10 nasty apps released in March, because they tried to create a file named "profile" in /system/bin and execute it (after gaining root), and since the file would already be there it would fail to be created and wouldn't run.

Anyway, the long and short of it is that Google also updated everyone's Market silently with a security update that fixed the exploit and prevents any future apps from running that exploit.

nixie21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Backup apps with titanium and then partition card in recovery. It will ask for your ext size first then your swap leave swap at zero. Be aware however that formatting will wipe your card so copy everything to your pc first. Partition will be under advanced options.

I have a 8gig card what do you suggest for size? do I need to move back to phone before using link2sd?

nixie21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I did the whole link2sd and the internal storage is exactly the same.. but everything loads faster..

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a 8gig card what do you suggest for size? do I need to move back to phone before using link2sd?

It is said that the max size you should use is 1gb. I have an 8gb card also and use 1gb for my ext partition. It's also nice, in case you didn't know, that in link2sd settings you can set it to auto link all or any particular of the 3 file types associated with apps...I'm a noob and didn't realize that until like a month after I started using it.

nixie21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
It is said that the max size you should use is 1gb. I have an 8gb card also and use 1gb for my ext partition. It's also nice, in case you didn't know, that in link2sd settings you can set it to auto link all or any particular of the 3 file types associated with apps...I'm a noob and didn't realize that until like a month after I started using it.

thanks for the tip!

dansho

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks obijohn!

Though you've heard it many times before, I wanted to thank you obijohn for this great ROM! Installed it with link2sd and now my Optimus is running so smooth...and handling increased clock speeds nary a hitch. Great work! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699