09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    This may be a dumb question, but is there a difference between Jerry's build and Kemikal's build?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-28-2011 07:54 PM
    This may be a dumb question, but is there a difference between Jerry's build and Kemikal's build?

I don't think so

07-28-2011 09:33 PM

Where can we find Kemikal's build?
    07-28-2011 10:09 PM

First, I originally volunteered to compile and maintain the VM670 builds.
    I want to build a ROM based on CM but with CM already having so many features and not being a programming expert it's not easy to start such a project. It's not as simple as wanting to start creating an app and turning it into a finished product.
    I have ideas I just have to figure out how to build them.

For now no difference in the builds. I'm busy looking through development for other phones including the HD2 Leo, Samsung Focus, and G2x.

I'm helping people flash ROMs and deal with bugs. It helps with flashing experience. I'm trying to learn about as many devices as possible.

In the future maybe I could build kernels or full system themes. Building linux from source must have taught me something relevant.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk
    07-28-2011 10:23 PM
    I turned off image dithering in the cm7 performance settings. Most everything is smooth as butter. I was using DolphinHD as my browser but it seems too heavy for this Rom (currently) the stock browser has some tweaks in the setting that stock froyo did not that make up for not using DolphinHD.

I find that the keyboard is less laggy when posting to this forum.
    07-28-2011 10:41 PM
    so should i go and flash the newest 7/27 or just stick with 7/25??
    07-28-2011 10:52 PM
    so should i go and flash the newest 7/27 or just stick with 7/25??
    There should be another build soon with more commits today to kernel r2. So I would hold off for a bit. See what Jerry says.
    07-28-2011 11:21 PM
    There should be another build soon with more commits today to kernel r2. So I would hold off for a bit. See what Jerry says.
    The kernel is really on the back burner. Lots of commits, yes, but mostly edge cases and extremely minor optimizations. Barring any big bugs in r1, it's going to be the kernel of choice for a while. You're welcome to compile what will become r2 and test it out if you'd like, but I'm not going to push binaries upstream in the immediate future.

As far as updates /I/ am going to make, it's time to start concentrating on the rest of the bits (gps still seems worse than stock, camera, and maybe BT).
    07-28-2011 11:28 PM
    Maybe if Jerry keeps links to the 3 most recent builds, some of us can test the latest if we want to, & others can hold back and wait if they don't have any problems. Creating my own build seems like a big endeavor (I'm only running windows anyway). Once BT is fixed, can't this become officially CM7 supported and we'd get automatic nightly builds too?
    07-28-2011 11:43 PM
    Where can we find Kemikal's build?
    There's a direct download link in blarf's OP. It's right under Jerry's download link.
    Also my last build's post is at the link
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ml#post1128365

I should get back to working on that theme for my next build. I'm thinking of using red and orange. It makes me wonder if anyone didn't like the idea of cyan (I guess that's why cm7 has theme support)

I'll look into adding custom ui elements; Custom lockscreen, widgets, dock.
    MIUI seems like such a good concept but the UI style isn't for everyone. I want to build something with that idea in mind just something much different. That may not make much sense but MIUI's custom ui is probably the most modified design from standard android.

Cyanogenmod's design is intended to act as a layer of improvement and not completely write over the standard android experience. I think it would be a great idea to create a custom ui with that thought.
    07-28-2011 11:51 PM
    on the newest build my wifi seems to go to sleep even when the screen is on,only for a second thou, i have done a fresh install 3 times but it still has the wifi issue
    07-29-2011 12:51 AM
    If anyone has had issues with the 0727 build when using the Green Machine theme, please try the download link for the theme again. I forgot to update the link when I posted the build. Apologies for any issues it may have caused. At least one user was having phone permissions issues after using an older version of the theme, using the newer link should fix this issue.
    07-29-2011 04:36 AM
    There's a direct download link in blarf's OP. It's right under Jerry's download link.
    Also my last build's post is at the link
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ml#post1128365

I should get back to working on that theme for my next build. I'm thinking of using red and orange. It makes me wonder if anyone didn't like the idea of cyan (I guess that's why cm7 has theme support)

I'll look into adding custom ui elements; Custom lockscreen, widgets, dock.
    MIUI seems like such a good concept but the UI style isn't for everyone. I want to build something with that idea in mind just something much different. That may not make much sense but MIUI's custom ui is probably the most modified design from standard android.

Cyanogenmod's design is intended to act as a layer of improvement and not completely write over the standard android experience. I think it would be a great idea to create a custom ui with that thought.
    Sounds tasty!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-29-2011 05:18 AM
    on the newest build my wifi seems to go to sleep even when the screen is on,only for a second thou, i have done a fresh install 3 times but it still has the wifi issue
    I am having the same problem
    07-29-2011 05:57 AM
    I am having the same problem
    I'm glad to know it wasn't something I did wrong installing
    07-29-2011 06:18 AM
    Same problem here.
    07-29-2011 10:38 AM
    Do miui I hate green machine xD

Sent from my Optimus V
    07-29-2011 12:48 PM
    If anyone has had issues with the 0727 build when using the Green Machine theme, please try the download link for the theme again. I forgot to update the link when I posted the build. Apologies for any issues it may have caused. At least one user was having phone permissions issues after using an older version of the theme, using the newer link should fix this issue.
    I was having permission issues updating my phone to the newest build so did a fresh flash and it's working fine now. I hadn't been using green machine.

07-29-2011 01:18 PM
    Does this rom still have the headsets issue? Its the only thing keeping me away from it... I messed up my phone and my earpiece doesn't work D:
    07-29-2011 03:15 PM
    Does this rom still have the headsets issue? Its the only thing keeping me away from it... I messed up my phone and my earpiece doesn't work D:
    I think wired heaset works, Bluetooth not yet.
    07-29-2011 03:44 PM
    [Q UOTE=reaper420;1140605]on the newest build my wifi seems to go to sleep even when the screen is on,only for a second thou, i have done a fresh install 3 times but it still has the wifi issue[/QUOTE]

And word on what happened Jerry or blarf?
    07-29-2011 04:22 PM
    This is my first ROM install on my Optimus V, is it normal for it to freeze at the LG boot screen on the first start up? I'm assuming I'm fine since I followed all the steps to the letter and it's just finishing installing some system settings, but I just wanted to make sure. It's been 5 minutes now.
    07-29-2011 05:31 PM
    This is my first ROM install on my Optimus V, is it normal for it to freeze at the LG boot screen on the first start up? I'm assuming I'm fine since I followed all the steps to the letter and it's just finishing installing some system settings, but I just wanted to make sure. It's been 5 minutes now.
    It's norml for the first boot to tke the longest s it is building files nd such. Don't think 5 minutes is norml, t lest for me, but cn tke while.

PS. @ key still doesn't work so you hve to be ptient with my grmmr lol.
    07-29-2011 05:56 PM
    It's norml for the first boot to tke the longest s it is building files nd such. Don't think 5 minutes is norml, t lest for me, but cn tke while.

PS. @ key still doesn't work so you hve to be ptient with my grmmr lol.
    Ya, thanks for replying. I found out that waiting 10 minutes was just too long. I restored my backup and did a flash of stock. I'm going to redownload the files and try again now.

Edit: Am I supposed to mount system, data, and cache? Or unmount them?

Update: Thought I got it to work after redownloading the files, but now it seems to have froze up on the Green Android CM7 boot logo. At least I'm getting closer?

Update2: Restored/Stock, attempted to Flash with IHO BS again, no go. Same Frozen Green Android CM7 boot logo. Unsure what's happening here.

Update3: After restoring and switching from stock to IHO like 20 times, I finally got it to work, had to wipe pretty much everything even though the instructions only said the cache was necessary. Oh well, I can restore it all.
    07-29-2011 06:19 PM
    anyone having problems with words with friends? after every move the game hangs. haven't noticed this with any other rom
    07-29-2011 07:26 PM
6,009 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD