[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
A couple of quick questions.

1) Has anyone gotten the built in sip application to work.

2) Has anyone gotten the built in USB tethering to work.

3) The right hand icons on the status bar are green no matter what. Is this because at one time I flashed the green machine theme? Is there any way to make them white?

Don't know about 1 & 2, I'll let those who use them answer those (I believe instructions for usb tethering are located in the wiki).

3- that is the color of the icons, if you want white ones, you can create a flashable theme with unicolored icons at UOT Kitchen. ;)

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
1) Has anyone gotten the built in sip application to work.

I haven't been able to get the built-in sip app to work with pbxes.org. But I haven't put much effort into it at all, except waching the log output and seeing that it does try to register.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to get the built-in sip app to work with pbxes.org. But I haven't put much effort into it at all, except waching the log output and seeing that it does try to register.

On a very early build I had it working but pbxes had some weird crap going on and I cancelled. Personally I think its added for when google add there voip service for gvoice on android.

kebamishima

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
So I did a backup and flashed the rom and gapps from a clean device, (went into mounts, and formatted system,boot,cache,and data all manually). Still no mms.. :/

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
So I did a backup and flashed the rom and gapps from a clean device, (went into mounts, and formatted system,boot,cache,and data all manually). Still no mms.. :/

Did you remember to wipe dalvik cache?

Do you have 3g service right now?

What carrier are you trying to send MMS to (a couple of carriers have issue with VM's mms)?

Did you restore any apps/data before trying MMS?

Do you use any third party MMS apps like Handcent etc?

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
bdg... yes tether works nicely...

Jerry... I use 3g... as for signal, I've never seen it above two bars... pretty sad since I live in the center of town... and no wifi access at the moment... ill keep trying... thank you...

kebamishima

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Did you remember to wipe dalvik cache?

Do you have 3g service right now?

What carrier are you trying to send MMS to (a couple of carriers have issue with VM's mms)?

Did you restore any apps/data before trying MMS?

Do you use any third party MMS apps like Handcent etc?

Yes I wiped everything, I have 3g and I'm using virgin mobile i deleted my old titanium backups and made a new one of only user apps and data. Yes i am currently using go SMS, although i have tried it with my stock one as well..

Thanks so much in advance.

frostyon420

Banned
Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Mr Jerry quick question in relation to actual backup files (CW backup) is it actually safe to to move that backup file onto my computer for when I actually NEED it. Instead of it just taking up space on my SD card. I have multiple backups from ur rom as well as others and its starting to eat alot of space.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Mr Jerry quick question in relation to actual backup files (CW backup) is it actually safe to to move that backup file onto my computer for when I actually NEED it. Instead of it just taking up space on my SD card. I have multiple backups from ur rom as well as others and its starting to eat alot of space.
Its a good practice to backup things of that nature to your pc or even dropbox. I have my backups synced to my dropbox account. Then I can delete them from my pc and drop box will remove it from the phone. Pretty nifty.

To answer directly yes you can move any backups to your pc if you want.

Reactions: frostyon420

frostyon420

Banned
Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
So for the people running jerryscript what is ur preferred OC. preference. Ive got my device stable at min-600 max-625. If ur pushing more let me know how stable ur running. And crash problems. Also how is your battery life working out. Thanks guys:D

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Every phone overclocks differently.
Some can't go over 600, others can run at 864 stable.

BTW, a min of 600 is not a good setting.
You want it at 480 or less (no lower than 240). After 480, the voltage goes up, using more battery.

Reactions: CuriousNoob

frostyon420

Banned
Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
That makes alot of sense. I will tho continue to test for a lil while longer checking temperatures and drainage and what not. So far its managing well but I'm also On the cautious side lol

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I have cautiously inched it up to 245 min, 787 max, using InteractiveX for the governer. I have had no issues with FCs, and the phone is working very nicely.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Running at 245 is fine, but if you play music or use GPS, and you need more than what 245 offers, the phone will spike to max power. This is fine for short bursts, but on longer things like playing music or GPS will heat the phone up and drain the batter.

Most find the sweet spot at 360 or 480.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Every phone overclocks differently.
Some can't go over 600, others can run at 864 stable.

BTW, a min of 600 is not a good setting.
You want it at 480 or less (no lower than 240). After 480, the voltage goes up, using more battery.

I just learned something. I use 600 - 844. :D

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been running at 480/600 w smartass v2 governor... minimal freezes... no random reeboots... although I've got a sneaky suspicion that my freezing issues have something to do with lookout and accuweather running in the background...

Last edited: