09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 221222223224225 ...
tools
    The wireless module is included. Wifi and iwconfig works here. What is that WiFi error?
    downloaded and flashed right after you posted it earlier. wifi works for me,bluetooth is also,not noticing any fc's or any other issues. after flashing my install seems a bit more responsive than the last kernel. was experiencing some lag with touch response. but this could have been due to non kernel related issues,i just dont know. but the lag is gone.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    mrg666 and adroiddeebo like this.
    05-20-2012 03:51 PM
    I'm not sure what the error is. It just says error in the Wi-Fi settings menu.

Is there a log file I could check.
    05-20-2012 04:02 PM
    Thank you for the feedback guys. After the recent bluetooth changes on the Android side, I wanted to check if the bluetooth driver and stack in the kernel had any effect on the same-MAC problem. So I went to the latest 2.6.32 kernel (it is still maintained) and backported all of the bluetooth fixes available. I tested these bluetooth kernel updates and the same-MAC problem still needs that fix I posted a couple of days ago. I didn't want to revert those updates after spending the time and wanted your help to make sure nothing is broken. Based on your testing and mine, I will keep the bluetooth updates in the kernel although they didn't help with the same-MAC problem. There is a fix anyway, we only made sure it is needed in the next build.

While I was there, I have backported the Android drivers as well. It is good to have especially an updated lowmemorykiller module. Since they also didn't break anything, let's keep them as well.
    curtis1973 and Dannemand like this.
    05-20-2012 04:09 PM
    I guess it was a bad flash. Wi-Fi is working now
    05-20-2012 04:10 PM
    I'm not sure what the error is. It just says error in the Wi-Fi settings menu.

Is there a log file I could check.
    You probably have a corrupted WiFi kernel module or incomplete flash. I would flash the kernel once more. If it does not fix, flash the ROM again.

I guess it was a bad flash. Wi-Fi is working now
    LOL, we posted at the same time.
    glarepate likes this.
    05-20-2012 04:12 PM
    I have new build https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...on/wiki/Binary

Changelog

5-20-12:

1. sync'd up with CM
    2. Fixed: Baseband Version - Thanks to mrg666
    3. Fixed: Blue-Tooth MAC address - Thanks to mrg666
    4. Kernel v4: 1) Updated to LG's ZV9 kernel source 2) Changed to SIO scheduler

Special thanks to Blarf, Jerry, mrg666, thekarven, TDM and all the others that have help to improve this project.

Enjoy!
    Bob
    kcls, mrg666, tvall and 6 others like this.
    05-20-2012 05:50 PM
    I have new build https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...on/wiki/Binary

Changelog

5-20-12:

1. sync'd up with CM
    2. Fixed: Baseband Version - Thanks to mrg666
    3. Fixed: Blue-Tooth MAC address - Thanks to mrg666
    4. Kernel v4: 1) Updated to LG's ZV9 kernel source 2) Changed to SIO scheduler

Special thanks to Blarf, Jerry, mrg666, thekarven, TDM and all the others that have help to improve this project.

Enjoy!
    Bob
    Awesome, been waiting for this!! Downloading now!! Won't it be rc 2 for Cm7.2?
    05-20-2012 06:10 PM
    Late to the party, but I've been running the new kernel now for about an hour testing Bluetooth performance and it's great.

On another note, the only way I know to get a reboot so far is to run navigation with the newest Maps. (6.7.0) and drive around for a bit.

I get reboots using former and new mirage kernel + bobZhomes kernel, it could easily be the app. (I thought for a bit it may be the phone was overheating, but I've kept a closer eye on the temp using some battery app temp meter and it reboots even when cooler.)

I might do a clean wipe, and install Maps only to see if it persists. But I'm fairly confident I'll experience again since it's become my final test for stability due to this.
    mrg666 likes this.
    05-20-2012 06:28 PM
    Late to the party, but I've been running the new kernel now for about an hour testing Bluetooth performance and it's great.

On another note, the only way I know to get a reboot so far is to run navigation with the newest Maps. (6.7.0) and drive around for a bit.

I get reboots using former and new mirage kernel + bobZhomes kernel, it could easily be the app. (I thought for a bit it may be the phone was overheating, but I've kept a closer eye on the temp using some battery app temp meter and it reboots even when cooler.)

I might do a clean wipe, and install Maps only to see if it persists. But I'm fairly confident I'll experience again since it's become my final test for stability due to this.
    Thanks for the feedback and testing the kernel. Yours is consistent with the others.

The GPS problem is hardware related. I have three phones and two of them are doing the same thing. Clean wipe or anything else software related did not help mine even a bit. My conclusion is that the GPS of these phones are prone to fail in time.
    Schlidel likes this.
    05-20-2012 07:05 PM
    Awesome, been waiting for this!! Downloading now!! Won't it be rc 2 for Cm7.2?
    CM 7.2 is still at RC1, see here: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...on_versions.mk
    05-20-2012 07:09 PM
    Thanks for the feedback and testing the kernel. Yours is consistent with the others.

The GPS problem is hardware related. I have three phones and two of them are doing the same thing. Clean wipe or anything else software related did not help mine even a bit. My conclusion is that the GPS of these phones are prone to fail in time.
    I suppose I got lucky, I don't use my GPS very often but when I do it connects quick, and is always extremely accurate

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    05-20-2012 07:22 PM
    I suppose I got lucky, I don't use my GPS very often but when I do it connects quick, and is always extremely accurate

Mine's quick and accurate, it just causes reboots.

I might try some other GPS apps other than the Google variety.

Which app do you use for navigation?

05-20-2012 07:27 PM
    I took a look at that, how come Mirage and Harmonia reports rc2 for it's version? I'm just confused.
    05-20-2012 07:30 PM
    I took a look at that, how come Mirage and Harmonia reports rc2 for it's version? I'm just confused.
    RC2 has been released but not tagged in the repo yet as Bob showed. It is just a tag don't think about it too much.
    05-20-2012 07:33 PM
    Mine's quick and accurate, it just causes reboots.

I might try some other GPS apps other than the Google variety.

Which app do you use for navigation?

I use it so rarely,I just download google maps when need to and uninstall it when I'm done. I've never had a reboot using it, the only issue I've ever seen is starting around 130 mph the GPS gets a little less accurate

05-20-2012 07:41 PM
    only issue I've ever seen is starting around 130 mph the GPS gets a little less accurate
    Well slow down, darn it, before you crash or get pulled over. Who cares about GPS working at that speed.
    Schlidel and a5pe4 like this.
    05-20-2012 08:36 PM
    I need testers for my kernel changes. I have backported the android drivers from 2.6.38.8 and all of the fixes for bluetooth stack and drivers from the 2.6.32.59 kernel. It seems to be working fine based on my preliminary testing. Can you please test and let me know if you find any problems/change with overall performance and bluetooth use? You can find all changes here.

Thanks in advance if anybody wants to help.

VM670_kernel_MiRaGe_05202012.zip
    Just downloaded and installed your new kernel. I ran it through it's paces and can't find any issues. Tested camcorder, camera, file download and upload, texting, mms, browsing and ran Quadrant Standard @ 825. No reboots, hesitation or lag. Scrolling is smooth, as are home screen and app drawer transitions. Both wifi and 3g are working fine, no lag on connecting to either one. I can't test the bluetooth, as I don't use one. Looks like you got another winner.
    mrg666 likes this.
    05-20-2012 08:43 PM
    Well slow down, darn it, before you crash or get pulled over. Who cares about GPS working at that speed.
    I had a good reason, and the only cop within 100 miles was in the car with me

05-20-2012 08:45 PM
    just upgraded to bobzhome latest and my google account got lost? the only option i have to add a account is twitter and corporate? how to i add my google account back on?

i upgraded from previous bobzhome build using the instructions posted on the iho site.

everything else works
    05-20-2012 08:49 PM
    just upgraded to bobzhome latest and my google account got lost? the only option i have to add a account is twitter and corporate? how to i add my google account back on?

i upgraded from previous bobzhome build using the instructions posted on the iho site.

everything else works
    Just flash gapps again, and it should be back

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    b.roid likes this.
    05-20-2012 08:58 PM
    no i didnt. i thought you didnt have to if your upgrading from same rom? i guess that might be the problem then.

Flash Google apps (from the OFFICIAL CM WIKI or UNOFFICIAL updated/additional ones HERE) (Only if coming from another ROM or 1st time installing)
    05-20-2012 09:00 PM
    Just flash gapps again, and it should be back

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    thanks for the quick response. that did it. this is the 1st time i have done a upgrade. before i would do a clean sweep 1st.
    05-20-2012 09:26 PM
    Anyone have a link to Jerry's Backside wiper? It's the script that wipes everything twice in recovery, so that you know you didn't leave stuff behind.
    05-21-2012 01:03 AM
    Didn't know of Jerry having a wiper script but Leslie does. Her's wipes everything 3 times except sdcard and sdext. You can find it here http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=1676446

05-21-2012 05:11 AM
    Ok, thanks. I thought it was Jerry.
    05-21-2012 08:47 AM
6,009 ... 221222223224225 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD